KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

KEV-THE-MUSS's Starting Strength Log

Background

Well basically this is just so I can have somewhere to keep a track of my workouts and progress because up to now its just been in my head.

I come from Aberdeen in Scotland and my gym is my university gym which has everything I will ever need.

I've been doing this and some other routines on and off since January and its about time I stuck to one, so after finally reading the Starting Strength book, I'm really up for this.

Over the last few months Ive gained alot of fat due to eating like a bodybuilder but not training like one. So I'm what you'd now call skinnyfat! xD

I weighed myself today at the gym with shoes etc and after eating and was 76kg, so I guess I'd be somewhere around 75kg normally. This is with alot of bodyfat.

I am starting with very light weights for form reasons and because I want to add weight every workout for a good while...plus I'm very weak!

Because I've been doing these lifts for a while now, I'm pretty happy with the form on most except rows...but I guess eventually I'll get them.

Goals

My first set of goals are to reach some decent weights in the big 3 lifts.

I want:

90kg Squat
    100 kg Deadlift
    70kg Bench Press

I dont see why this cant be easily achieved if I stick do this and eat properly.

Monday 6th April

First proper workout.

Squats:

3 x 5 x 40kg

Bench:

3 x 5 x 40kg

Deadlift:

3 x 5 x 50kg

All of these lifts are very light at the moment.
    Last edited by KEV-THE-MUSS; 04-08-2009 at 03:38 PM.

KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KEV-THE-MUSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wednesday 8th April

Today was my first day of the second workout.

Squats

3 x 5 x 42.5 kg

Military Press

3 x 5 x 22.5 kg

Rows

3 x 5 x 22.5 kg

These are the only lift I'm not 100% comfortable with, I just cant really feel them working and my lower back seems like its under alot of stress.

Penhaligon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Penhaligon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Penhaligon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man - I'm also doing SS. Best of luck with the programme. Very sensible to start with lighter weights to nail the form down. I wasted time on squats as I put too much weight on before i had the form down..I'll check in on your progress now and then. Good luck.
    My journal is here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114401321