Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Atrophy on opposite side of body.

So, it seems like I have an atrophy on one side of my body. My whole left side is smaller than my right from traps to feet (except my left lat). In case nobody knows what I mean, imagine the median plane of the body (which divides the body into right and left halves). My left side is smaller than my right.

I've always used good and excellent form on everything I do. However, when I pose, I noticed a couple of changes. My left lat sticks out more than my right lat (I mean a lot, and it's noticeable). But, when I flex my right lat, my upper right trap fibers come in, while on the left lat, my upper left trap fibers don't come into play. I'm posing correctly, but I don't know what is going on.

I'm also wondering why my left upper trap fibers seem to be so small from the right upper trap fibers, as it seems to me that my right upper traps connect higher than my left upper trap fibers, or I'm doing something wrong.

Can anyone help me fix this issue? Thanks.

P.S. Rep ranges are the same for both sides.

Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aside from form which ill take your word for is excellent. Human bodies do not have to be perfect to the micrometer. Slight changes in rib cage orientation can be found in many individuals, connective tissue more prevalent with your writing hand etc.

Anyways try Dumbbell workouts and mix in workouts that work each side of the body individually. Instead of barbell shrugs do dumbbell shrugs.

Mind muscles connection is a huge culprit. I was able to nearly able fix my non-peaking left bicep by looking at the muscle and trying to get as good a contraction as possible, also on off days I would take a minute and go through a series of flexing only that bicep, a combination of rapid contractions (no homo) and flex and hold contractions. It works.

Any muscle that is inferior on your "bad" side Take sessions to flex and work that side to just get your mind used to contracting that muscle better.

Plateaus I find are often mini blessings to help those muscles that have been left behind, catch up .
    Last edited by Autobody; 04-08-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling sucks.

Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh almost forgot. Also incorporate light volume work on the muscle you would like to work. It should help bring additional connective tissue development that is lagging on that side.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Form may be proper, but even slight uneven pull/push technique can cause imbalance over time.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.