MarcSquall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help! Bench press went down, need ideas

Hey I need help with my bench. I used to be able to lift 225 with minor stress, 250 about 5 times and maxed at 275...now can't even bench 215.

I'm not sure exactly what it is...I took a few weeks off but that was two months ago... I'm mentally stressed with relationship problems but again the worst of it was that two months ago... the only other thing I've thought is my diet changed in order to cut out fat...but its weird because none of my other lifts have gone down...

Now my personal problem is my chest size hasn't changed and don't want to gain muscle mass doing whatever it'll take to get my strength back because I like my current size...I liked being 5'7” 145lbs with a 38" chest maxing at 275...I just want that back...

So I hope its just a mental block or diet...though that would be strange to me considering everything else with my other lifts/exercises is great

Any advice like a lifting program for people who've had similar problem or - if its diet- a preworkout meal would be great...I just wanna stay away from growing mass and supplements as much as possible...

Thanks

Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MarcSquall View Post
    Hey I need help with my bench. I used to be able to lift 225 with minor stress, 250 about 5 times and maxed at 275...now can't even bench 215.

I'm not sure exactly what it is...I took a few weeks off but that was two months ago... I'm mentally stressed with relationship problems but again the worst of it was that two months ago... the only other thing I've thought is my diet changed in order to cut out fat...but its weird because none of my other lifts have gone down...

Now my personal problem is my chest size hasn't changed and don't want to gain muscle mass doing whatever it'll take to get my strength back because I like my current size...I liked being 5'7” 145lbs with a 38" chest maxing at 275...I just want that back...

So I hope its just a mental block or diet...though that would be strange to me considering everything else with my other lifts/exercises is great

Any advice like a lifting program for people who've had similar problem or - if its diet- a preworkout meal would be great...I just wanna stay away from growing mass and supplements as much as possible...

Thanks
    Not enough sleep can decrease your strength. Maybe you didn't have as many carbs in your system before? No energy possibly. Get a full nights sleep, eat some carbs and attempt a max again.

Goodluck