Thread: 200m pace

Jakd913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question 200m pace

Would running the 200m with a fast start, 80-90% around the turn using momentum with alot of leaning to the inside, then going all out on the straight be better than going all out the whole 200m?

Personally i think its better, just looking for some opinion, personal experience. etc.
    thanks

Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pierre05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not a sprinter, but I had a coach who was extremely fast tell me that you want to go 90-95% the first 50, let momentum ride you for another 25, start building up to top speed the next 25, and go all out the last 100. This is just what I've heard. Figure'd you could try it out.

Like I said, I'm not a sprinter.
    "To be the best, you must beat the best"

Now > Football Season goals
    Bench 195 > 235
    Squat 315 > 350
    Deadlift 325 > 355

Stack= ON Whey, N.O. Xplode, L-Glutamine, Animal Pak, Fish Oil

rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think you should go all out for a 200. It's pretty short; don't hold back.

pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50) pvdude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I mostly ran the 400 but ive run the 200 a couple times. If you want to win your best shot is probably to run as hard as you can as fast as you can the whole way. 200 meters isnt too far so you dont have much time to make up ground.

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    200m is far if you are running full speed. Especially since you can't maintain top speed that long anyway. Charlie Francis says to run out full speed then just try to survive the rest.
    My Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115433941

Natural Born Brawler Blulightnin's Avatar
    Blulightnin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blulightnin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my experience running the 200m, I was able to run the whole thing so I just ran it all out. Although it did seem that the reason I went to state for my highschool in it is because everyone else seemed to run 80-90% on the curves as well. I seemed to be gaining the lead during it. But no one could catch up afterwards.
    Goals:
    Learn Muay Thai (check)
    Kickboxing
    Get through basic training (T-90 days)
    Make the car payments, LOL.

Achievements:
    1st nationally ranked soccer team in the nation.:) (89' boys Solar Soccer)
    1st place in the Texas state wrestling tournament.:) (Let's not talk about nationals)
    Let's do this! One shot one kill! Hooah!

jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10) jblaisuri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    depends if you're indoors or outdoors. on an indoor 200m track, especially if you have banked turns, use your momentum to blast out of the turns. depending on what kind of gears you have going on, it might be to your advantage to do this since most guys go balls out and fade on that last straight, and if you're good at exploding using your turn momentum, you can usually pick people off.

outdoors, where you start on the turn and end on the straight, it's pretty much just balls out... running 200-200-400 sets for workouts can help with your endurance if you tend to fade at the end, which is what separates winners from losers in a 200.

Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

run hard the whole way

make sure you get a good start, run hard and drive through the first 50, really attack the second 50, and run with manic aggression over the last 100 - goodluck, just think it will be over in under 20 seconds
    The more you sweat in training - the less you bleed in battle.

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You wanna stay relaxed, not go crazy att he end. You wanna maintain your form, no matter how tired you get so you won't be fighting yourself.
    My Training Journal:

Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100) Zyzzle is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Conman79 View Post
    goodluck, just think it will be over in under 20 seconds
    maybe if you're Usain Bolt

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    id just run it balls-out...maybe slow down some on the curve but bust ass the whole time its a relativly short distance

but this is coming from a football player who just runs for fun, so just try whut works best for you
    I rep U.S. Marines on sight.

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

5'6" and completly flat-footed with almost 0% arch
    Rugby right now...hopefully can be a runningback next year for football
    Everyone wants to fight until they get punched in the mouth
    Negged because I refused to nuthug a cocky f*ggot

flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The most anyone, in any condition, can physiologically go balls-out sprinting is a little under 300m. That's not a state that everyone can reach, even at the elite level, it's just something that some people can do.

If you feel like going all-out is to your forte, go for it.

What I've heard on multiple accounts is to go out hard and very fast, but controlled. Stay fluid after the first 50m and set yourself up for coming out of the turn hard, then finish strong.

A friend of mine swears by this video. I haven't seen all of it, but it's been prepared by Ato Boldon, an Olympian (Silver?) medalist in the 200m and a perennial champion. The guy did some of the announcing at Beijing this last year and some top caliber track meets around the world.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2dvj...om=PL&index=35

Hope the video helps, if you get one thing out of my post, check it out.

youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im going to regionals for the 200 and i wondered the same thing i tried saving energy for the first 100 on the curve but it doesnt work our coach says 100% the whole 200 but the 95% first 50 cruise for next 25 then accerate to full speed on the last 100 seems like a good plan but idk if i want to risk tryin it at regionals

Originally Posted by flipnch1nese7 View Post
    The most anyone, in any condition, can physiologically go balls-out sprinting is a little under 300m. That's not a state that everyone can reach, even at the elite level, it's just something that some people can do.

What I've heard on multiple accounts is to go out hard and very fast, but controlled. Stay fluid after the first 50m and set yourself up for coming out of the turn hard, then finish strong.

A friend of mine swears by this video. I haven't seen all of it, but it's been prepared by Ato Boldon, an Olympian (Silver?) medalist in the 200m and a perennial champion. The guy did some of the announcing at Beijing this last year and some top caliber track meets around the world.

going to try this tomorrow. Although the last 50 is where I usually lose it.....
    My Training Journal:

rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

good post.

Working To Fat Jacked Marcoccia's Avatar
    Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your training is done right then you always go out 100% cause your training cover 250m so you have more energy for the race. The only time that you could ease up a bit is on the corner but your not going fast enough out of the blocks to have problems it would be at the 100m when you need to pull up but again with training it doesn't need to be done.

itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Great video. And in all honesty, flipnch1nese7 has the best answer here. I don't think I can word it better than that.

To answer your question, a 200 is pretty much all out. But this is "all out" in track terms. You have to remember, getting off the blocks, your drive phase is around 30 meters (and your not going 100 in your drive phase). The only difference that I see in the 200 and 100 for the first 50 meters is, in the 100 after your drive phase at around 30-40 meters in the 100 your about to hit max speed. For the 200, you want to hold that off till around 50 m (like the video said). Then just sustain that speed, with a very relaxed and good form for the rest 100. If you ran it right, you'll be feeling it the last home stretch, but that's what's going to make or break you.

That last 30 - 40 meters, is where you have to keep that speed as much as possible with the best form and relaxation you could possibly give.