wali110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kidneys leaking protein

I have at the beginning of march gone to see my doc for a normal urine sample. The doc asked me repeatadly to bring in more urine samples after recieving one. I have so far given in about 7 urine samples in one month.

I have only started going to the gym for around two months now and started taking regular reflex whey powder drings twice a day.

My doctor has informed me just recently that my urine sample contained traces or bits or protein which is the cause of a leaking kidney. He has arranged for a scan of my kidneys at the hospital to see the real problem.

Im not too worried at the moment but am concerned with my current protein supplements that Im taking.

Im on 2 servings of the reflex protein shake per day and am not sure if I should stop taking anymore ?

If I carry on drinking the whey protein shakes, could that make it worse for my kidneys?

Thanx for any response.

wali110

eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseas...s/proteinuria/

Article describes a condition in which an abonormal amount of protein is leaked through the kidneys. What exactly "abnormal amount" means isn't specified. The problem isn't associated with taking in too much protein in your diet - proteins are generally too large to be filtered out by your kidneys unless they are damaged. You might want to be asking your doctor more questions.
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114646181

Originally Posted by eedre View Post
    http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseas...s/proteinuria/

Article describes a condition in which an abonormal amount of protein is leaked through the kidneys. What exactly "abnormal amount" means isn't specified. The problem isn't associated with taking in too much protein in your diet - proteins are generally too large to be filtered out by your kidneys unless they are damaged. You might want to be asking your doctor more questions.

The main question thats on my mind is....can I continoue with my protein drinks?

One part in the article stated that.....

Also, because the protein has left your body, your blood can no longer soak up enough fluid and you may notice swelling in your hands, feet, abdomen, or face. These are signs of very large protein loss. More commonly, you may have proteinuria without noticing any signs or symptoms.

Does that mean that my body is low on protein meaning that taking my protein drinks will help me?

thanx again.
    wali110

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd suggest stopping your protein drinks until you know what the problem is. If you kidneys are damaged and are leaking protein, a high protein diet will cause a viscious circle of continued damage due to the protein in the kidney causing an inflammatory reaction, causing more protein to leak, causing more inflammation etc.

See your doctor for more information, be kind to your kidneys and drop your protein and salt intake.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar experience not too long ago when my urine test showed high albumin levels so as a result, my Dr. had me take a 24 hour collection test. I read that vigorous exercise can cause increased albumin clearance so I refrained from working out and using whey for 48 hours before taking the test. The results of the 24 hour test were within normal limits so the Dr. felt that no further action was required. He said that some people tend to dump more protien at certain times of the day. I'm not sure if that's true or if it was a workout the evening before that threw off the original test results.

Good luck with your tests.

thanx for all the info guys, your advice is much appreciated.

I have decided to stop the whey protein for now until I know everything is all clear and my kidneys are back to normal. I will however still continoue eating chicken and continoue my excercise plan.

Thanx again for all your replies,
    wali110