joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question A High-Protein Soup???

Hey guys and gals-

I was just wondering if anyone had any really tasty soup or stew recipes that are high in protein and low in sugar/carbs?

Please share.....and, if possible, post macros.....

Thx
    Amanda

"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." --John 4:34

Check Out My Progress Journal: With the Lord as My Strength
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114136521

Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE SOUP
    1 pound pork sausage (can use hot n spicy or sage)
    1/2 cup onion, chopped, 2 3/4 ounces
    1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped, about 5 medium
    1 clove garlic, minced
    15 ounce can pumpkin
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup water
    Salt and pepper, to taste

In a large pot, brown the sausage along with the onion, mushrooms and garlic; drain fat. Add the pumpkin and broth. Phoebe added a tablespoon of Italian seasoning at this point, but I've left that out. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes. Add the cream and water; simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Adjust seasoning.

Makes 8 cups or 8 servings
    Can be frozen

Per Serving: 277 Calories; 21g Fat; 15g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
    ***"Fibro & lifting = "I still hurt but I hurt better"***

joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joanntheartist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Butterfly09 View Post
    PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE SOUP
    1 clove garlic, minced
    15 ounce can pumpkin
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup water

In a large pot, brown the sausage along with the onion, mushrooms and garlic; drain fat. Add the pumpkin and broth. Phoebe added a tablespoon of Italian seasoning at this point, but I've left that out. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes. Add the cream and water; simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Adjust seasoning.

Can be frozen

Per Serving: 277 Calories; 21g Fat; 15g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
    Thanks!

Is this any good? Sounds like a weird combination...lol
    Amanda

"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." --John 4:34

Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's delicious-pumpkin & butternut squash are often used to make savory soups.
    ***"Fibro & lifting = "I still hurt but I hurt better"***

O.....ok.......Thanks again!
    Amanda

Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rucker12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I gotta admit that recipe looks brilliant. I wonder if the added richness of using beef broth instead of chicken would be beneficial/work as well.

Hidamari is life Lifterforlife10's Avatar
    Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got a couple that might suit ya.
    First and easiest (won't add amounts cause its pretty much your choice depending on amount desired) is to cook some onions and carrots in a pan until the onions are softer, then add in some veggies like green beans or peppers. Next, add in some egg whites (I've added a whole carton). Once the whites are done cooking, throw in a can of healthy request soup from campbells, tastes soo good with vegetable beef barley, tomatoe garden vegetable or herbed chicken and brown rice.
    Another mix to try is too just cook up a bunch of vegetables like onions, green beans, corn, carrots, and others and add some form of meat like ground beef or chop up chicken breast, then just pour some chicken or beef broth over top.

Another neat recipe I made for chili is as follows:
    230g green beans
    1 cup heinz dark red kidney beans
    200g extra lean ground beef
    1-1.5 cups canned tomatoes crushed

Cook the beef until fully done, then add in the green beans. After they have heated up add in the kidney beans. Stir for a minute then (after blending up the tomatoes) add the tomatoes. creates a kinda broth. Add about a 1/2 cup of water or more if desired, and you get a soup/stew like creation that tastes amazing, no seasonings required.

But overall, I recommend adding meat like chicken or ground beef, or egg whites (not a meat i know) to your favorite soups, or try mixing a bunch of veggies meat and broth. My final stew/soup is also good, and can be varied.
    Basically: Veggies + Meat (or egg whites) + broth/soup=tasty

Looks tasty....thanks!
    Amanda

Originally Posted by ianstewart View Post
    I got a couple that might suit ya.
    First and easiest (won't add amounts cause its pretty much your choice depending on amount desired) is to cook some onions and carrots in a pan until the onions are softer, then add in some veggies like green beans or peppers. Next, add in some egg whites (I've added a whole carton). Once the whites are done cooking, throw in a can of healthy request soup from campbells, tastes soo good with vegetable beef barley, tomatoe garden vegetable or herbed chicken and brown rice.
    Another mix to try is too just cook up a bunch of vegetables like onions, green beans, corn, carrots, and others and add some form of meat like ground beef or chop up chicken breast, then just pour some chicken or beef broth over top.

Another neat recipe I made for chili is as follows:
    230g green beans
    1 cup heinz dark red kidney beans
    200g extra lean ground beef
    1-1.5 cups canned tomatoes crushed

Cook the beef until fully done, then add in the green beans. After they have heated up add in the kidney beans. Stir for a minute then (after blending up the tomatoes) add the tomatoes. creates a kinda broth. Add about a 1/2 cup of water or more if desired, and you get a soup/stew like creation that tastes amazing, no seasonings required.

But overall, I recommend adding meat like chicken or ground beef, or egg whites (not a meat i know) to your favorite soups, or try mixing a bunch of veggies meat and broth. My final stew/soup is also good, and can be varied.
    Basically: Veggies + Meat (or egg whites) + broth/soup=tasty

Yes.....simple is good....a simple equation for good soup=me being creative & finding something I like!

Thanks for all the replies!!!!
    Amanda

Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000) Chazk is just really nice. (+1000)
    chicken noodle if its a healthy brand.
    Advice on fitness, health, nutrition, and supplements.
    http://www.good-exercises.com

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually get low sodium broth and throw in some onions, carrots, and celery. I cook split chicken breast on the bone in there and once it's done I pull the chicken meat off in pieces and throw it up. Discard the bone.
    And sometimes I'll throw in some scrambled eggs while it's boiling. Egg drop soup style!

I'm simple lol

Scared of Cottage Cheese such a loser yo's Avatar
    such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lentil soup w/ any kind of lean meat (lean pork is awesome in soup--very tender)

dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best healthy stew for my money is Wolf Brand Chili
    Lean Beef with beans. A whole can is only 440 calroies with tons of protien and complex carbs. It also is a great source for fiber. Pick up a can and see for yourself. This is my favorite post workout meal. It gives me everything that I need in three easy minutes. Their is only one drawback. The sodium. It's like 80% of the RDA per can. It's doable though. Walmart has it at a great price.

I somtimes add a slice or two of fat free cheese, and some fat free sour cream and chives

I also have been known to eat just a half a can with four ounces of home roasted white turkey breast mixed in.

Also great if you make home made chili dogs. I recomend using Hewbrew National's 97% Fat Free Beef Franks with a half a can of chili. The hot dogs are only 45 calories a peice and yet still cover the complet bun.

Eats carbs before bed 141455675's Avatar
    141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chicken and sweet corn soup = awesome!

Thumbs up Much Appreciated!!!

Thanks you so much everyone!!! Those are all great ideas.....I've been looking for something with good macros that's easy to pack for lunch at work.....I will be trying ALL of your suggestions.....

Thanks Again!
    Amanda

Clyds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clyds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

[QUOTE=Butterfly09;312676411]PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE SOUP
    1 clove garlic, minced
    15 ounce can pumpkin
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup water

Can be frozen

Per Serving: 277 Calories; 21g Fat; 15g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs[/QUOTE

This recipe sound good but I think you better subtittute the sussage with either chicken breast or pure beef lean to eliminate the high fats and increase the protein. Thanks

spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spark27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can put anything in a pot with lentils and make a delicious high protein stew.

WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10) WyattMay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Love the 4 year old bump boys. Thank you.

Location: Burton On The Wolds, Leicestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dilinja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mexican Soup with Chicken:

Serves 4

Ingredients
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 onion , chopped
    4 garlic cloves , crushed
    1 ancho or other large dried chilli , deseeded and softened in boiling water for about 10 mins
    ½ tsp ground cumin
    400g can plum tomatoes
    1½l chicken stock
    2 chicken breasts , sliced
    juice 2 limes

Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic, soften for 5 mins, then stir in the dried chilli, cumin, tomatoes and chicken stock. Blitz in a food processor in batches, or use a hand blender to purée until smooth.

Return to the pan, then bring to the boil. Add the chicken, reduce the heat, then simmer for 10 mins until cooked through. Stir in the lime juice and some seasoning, then ladle into bowls. Put the toppings in the middle of the table for everyone to help themselves.

PER SERVING (soup only)
    257 kcalories, protein 34.0g, carbohydrate 10.0g, fat 10.0 g, saturated fat 1.0g, fibre 0.0g, sugar 6.0g, salt 2.12 g