EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking up for women builders

So, I recently went to bodybuilding competition, and was just in shock at the looks of the women competitors. There's nothing to 'em! This instantly motivated myself to set a goal to compete next year, and blow them out of the water. The only way I could try to understand with why they're so small is either a) Not training hard enough, or b) Too afraid to bulk up. This was a novice division, btw, so as not to bash any of you hardcore women lifters!

I'm currently at 160, 6 ft, and ready to start growing more than I am. I'm familiar with the bulking and cutting, but only for men. I was wondering if there's a difference for bulking between men and women, or if both bodies react the same with food intake and lifting strategies.

Any tips, any stories, any advice?

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only difference I can really think of is that women aren't capable of building muscle as fast as men. 1/4-1/2 lb of lean mass per week. Take that into consideration when creating a calorie surplus so you don't put on more fat than necessary as you bulk.

Beyond that, you can train and eat the same as the guys. You will need to figure up your calorie needs for you as an individual, but men need to do that, too.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EmileeTheGreat View Post
    So, I recently went to bodybuilding competition, and was just in shock at the looks of the women competitors. There's nothing to 'em! This instantly motivated myself to set a goal to compete next year, and blow them out of the water. The only way I could try to understand with why they're so small is either a) Not training hard enough, or b) Too afraid to bulk up. This was a novice division, btw, so as not to bash any of you hardcore women lifters!

I'm currently at 160, 6 ft, and ready to start growing more than I am. I'm familiar with the bulking and cutting, but only for men. I was wondering if there's a difference for bulking between men and women, or if both bodies react the same with food intake and lifting strategies.

Any tips, any stories, any advice?
    The novice division is for people who are new to competing. Not only that but they're more than likely new to training as well. It takes years to build quality muscle (especially for women)

It's doesn't always matter if your the biggest girl/guy onstage. Your conditioning is usually more important than anything else.

Bulking works the same between men and women...the difference is your intake of calories.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmileeTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    The novice division is for people who are new to competing. Not only that but they're more than likely new to training as well. It takes years to build quality muscle (especially for women)

It's doesn't always matter if your the biggest girl/guy onstage. Your conditioning is usually more important than anything else.

Bulking works the same between men and women...the difference is your intake of calories.

I know what novice is, but I still expected more from their division...
    And as for conditioning, it won't matter much if there's nothing to strip down to.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EmileeTheGreat View Post
    I know what novice is, but I still expected more from their division...
    And as for conditioning, it won't matter much if there's nothing to strip down to.
    It all depends on the show and who shows up that day. I've been to shows where the novice women look better than the open women. I've been to shows where all the comp is loaded with top notch physiques and other shows where they're not so impressive.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)