Colt Steele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best ohp to work all three heads?

i've been doing a standing overhead press for a while now and notice that although my shoulders are getting a lot bigger, my front delt is out growing the lateral and rear by quit a lot. what is the best overhead press variation to work all parts of the shoulder more equal? i know behind-neck presses are supposedly good but they're supposed to be bad for your shoulder. would db's be better b/c they can be brought down right beside your head rather than in front of your head?

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    it'd be hard to hit all 3 heads with presses.

if you're after minimal exercises to hit all the heads i like front bb presses & wide grip upright rows. these 2 exercises seem to hit all 3 heads & the traps as well.

Richie

Chunk2212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To contract the anterior and posterior deltoids equally at the same time is almost impossible. You're always gonna find that certain exercises are going to hit one or two more than another. Upright rows, for instance, will hit your posterior and medial heads more than your anterior head. Military press will most likely hit the anterior and medial heads the most. The best thing would be to go with richie's idea and stick to doing both military presses and upright rows. You will get a good balance with those.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IF you can learn the technique AND I MEAN IF
    Clean and Jerks
    it's an olympic lift
    so form is LITERALLY everything
    it's a momentum lift so try to get someone who KNOWS what's up to show you
    if you can't then just stick with the basics cus you dont wanna try to self teach an Olift