M1ST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto for Bulking

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here has had any results of 'weight gain' while on Keto?

I have in the past bulked up by increasing my carb intake but I am very sensitive to carb's. I gain weight very rapidly even when I introduce low GI carbs moderately. These rapid gains are mostly in the form of excess water and fat.

Keto has worked wonders for me, and has allowed me to get into the best shape I have ever been in. The formula that works for me is 1g per lb protein, and 0.5 x lb Fat's with no more than 40-50g's carbs coming from almonds and peanuts only.

Any idea's or is it even possible to alter my nutrional intake in the form of protein and fats to allow me to gain weight and muscle? Or are there more effective way's of taking carb's?

Thanks!

jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jahnc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you could always try a tkd slightly above BMR...i think it's 40-60g carbs divided between pre and post WO...the rest of it is essentially a ckd without the long weekend refeed...

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jaime91 made "Transformation of the Week" bulking on keto. Her technique involved more frequent carb refeeds, and bigger carb-ups than on a cutting diet. She would typically go five days between carb-ups, just long enough to get glycogen depleted, then do a big carb-up, often 4000-5000 cals (and she's a small girl), rinse and repeat.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

I bulked on keto and it worked perfectly, i gained lots of muscle and little or no fat.
    I ate loads of food and lots of calories,
    Always lots and lots of whole eggs, meats and fish, also lots of cheese, and a good amount of nuts and also green vegtables.

Its very easy you just need to eat a lot of the above food and work out hard with heavy weights.
    Feeling Good

What formula were you adhering to? Particular amounts of protein a day? Carbs? Fats?

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Jaime91 made "Transformation of the Week" bulking on keto. Her technique involved more frequent carb refeeds, and bigger carb-ups than on a cutting diet. She would typically go five days between carb-ups, just long enough to get glycogen depleted, then do a big carb-up, often 4000-5000 cals (and she's a small girl), rinse and repeat.
    You always have been and always will be my hero Eileen

MIST, I went from 95 lbs to 125 using keto, then needed more carbs to keep up with my metabolism.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Thats awesome Jaime! I'm going to make some adjustments and keep you guys posted!

startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm using KETO for cutting right now and I'm also pretty small. So far I just love the KETO diet...would love to use it for a bulk later :-)

It's great to see a female get some good results from a KETO bulk, congrats!!

5.0kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what calorie percentages are you all using of fat/protien/carbs for the bulking diet? I've been trying to find a good goal for myself when eating for keto and bulking.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    You always have been and always will be my hero Eileen

MIST, I went from 95 lbs to 125 using keto, then needed more carbs to keep up with my metabolism.
    Wow, you're looking good!
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I keto-bulked 35lbs, adding four inches to my chest/back, one inch on my bi/tris. No increase on my waist. When I started cutting again, I lost 35 lbs. (so far) with four inches off my waist, but no decreases on my chest/back. It works really well.....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

5.0kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how many calories for a keto bulk?

Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paulieGB View Post
    Hi,

I bulked on keto and it worked perfectly, i gained lots of muscle and little or no fat.
    I ate loads of food and lots of calories,
    Always lots and lots of whole eggs, meats and fish, also lots of cheese, and a good amount of nuts and also green vegtables.

Its very easy you just need to eat a lot of the above food and work out hard with heavy weights.
    Please give me some advice:
    Did you count calories? Did you eat extra fat, like butter? Did you watch your protein intake (so that it won't get converted into glucose?) How much carb did you eat on low-carb days?
    Did you do anything differently the day after the high-carb day? (for instance going VLC to get into ketosis quicker). Because you said you bulked with almost no fat gain.
    Please help!

JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by 5.0kid View Post
    how many calories for a keto bulk?
    same you'd use on a regular bulk diet
    Last edited by JResendes; 10-02-2009 at 02:01 AM.
    "I don't really believe in God, but GOD, I'm scared to death that there's a God! I swear to God I never meant to spill the beans nor tear the pod!"

Current Supps

Fish Oil
    Creatine Ethyl Ester
    Whey
    Multi
    Intraxcell

Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dear Jaime,

What a great job you've done!
    I have the same problem as you (hypogylcemic).

I have two questions:
    1. Regarding your meal plan on BB.com "transformations", is it ok to have so much protein? Won't that get converted into glucose? Were you counting at all?

2. You took in more than 45g of carb ( I calculated). Normally it's 30 on CKD - did you still keep the weekly carb ups?

And also are you maintaining now and what are you doing differently to maintain (as opposed to bulking) ?

I beg you for your advice.