JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training on empty stomach to burn fat?

I have researched around, asked a couple of trainers and have read and heard that there is no not enough evidence in muscle gain and fat loss with working out on an empty stomach.

However after getting the "Body For Life" book, it says to workout in the morning on an empty stomach so your body will use fat stores for energy.

I tried this the past week and it really sucked since I had hardly any energy to push weight.

From anyone's personal experience, does this work though to burn fat faster?

DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DASHMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i did the body for life, and it seemed to work for me on working out on an empty stomach.
    I would rather die standing than live on my knees

JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesAnrui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh, and I wasn't trying to promote the body for life book, that was just a source.

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always have a relatively big meal that is carb heavy about an hour before I lift. I find that I have better results in the weight room when this is the case.
    Last edited by IzzyT; 04-04-2009 at 02:17 PM.
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everybody has different results. Personally It doesnt work for me. Fat doesn't just start burning if your glycogen is low or gone. Fat is a VERY concentrated form of stored energy. Think of it as a log on a campfire. You just dont light a match to it and start a fire, you need kindling.
    Think as carbs as the kindling as it gets the process moving, you don't need much though. Your body likes to eat muscle for energy if there's nothing else to munch on. Especially when you have high muscle\low fat ratio and you're eating low cal.

Give it ago though, it may work for you. some people do KETO but it's too hard to stick with and problematic for some when they re introduce carbs back in.

Personally, best results from M.I.S.S.
    cardio with a little HIIT thrown in for good measure in the middle of the session done later in the day. PLENTY of energy to just go for it!

good luck
    tw
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by DASHMAN View Post
    i did the body for life, and it seemed to work for me on working out on an empty stomach.
    Thanks for the reply. I might see how I feel with it for a couple of weeks. Maybe just eat a slice of wheat toast for energy.

Originally Posted by IzzyT View Post
    I always have a relatively big meal that is carb heavy about an hour before I lift. I find that I better results in the weight room when this is the case.
    Yeah this is what I normally do, well not too big but just a healthy breakfast or eggs, protein shake, wheat toast, with added apple for energy before I hit the gym 45 minutes later.

Thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Everybody has different results. Personally It doesnt work for me. Fat doesn't just start burning if your glycogen is low or gone. Fat is a VERY concentrated form of stored energy. Think of it as a log on a campfire. You just dont light a match to it and start a fire, you need kindling.
    Think as carbs as the kindling as it gets the process moving, you don't need much though. Your body likes to eat muscle for energy if there's nothing else to munch on. Especially when you have high muscle\low fat ratio and you're eating low cal.

Give it ago though, it may work for you. some people do KETO but it's too hard to stick with and problematic for some when they re introduce carbs back in.

Personally, best results from M.I.S.S.
    cardio with a little HIIT thrown in for good measure in the middle of the session done later in the day. PLENTY of energy to just go for it!

good luck
    tw
    thanks for the reply.

Dude, what is MISS? I have heard of LIIS and HIIT but never MISS

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JamesAnrui View Post
    thanks for the reply.

Dude, what is MISS? I have heard of LIIS and HIIT but never MISS
    medium intensity steady state
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10) BePrecise is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post

good luck
    tw
    Good stuff...x2
    TRUE PROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: DND849

faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faust06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JamesAnrui View Post
    I have researched around, asked a couple of trainers and have read and heard that there is no not enough evidence in muscle gain and fat loss with working out on an empty stomach.

However after getting the "Body For Life" book, it says to workout in the morning on an empty stomach so your body will use fat stores for energy.

I tried this the past week and it really sucked since I had hardly any energy to push weight.

From anyone's personal experience, does this work though to burn fat faster?
    More like training on an empty stomach to burn muscle.

If you're going to go it on an empty stomach make sure you take BCAA's and glutamine, as well as lots of protein. That will help to combat catabolism of your muscle tissue.

Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hasshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most people that do IF and WD lift in a fasted state. I've lifted in a fasted state and hardly had problems lifting heavy.

SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10) SrDedosRapidos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hasshman View Post
    Most people that do IF and WD lift in a fasted state. I've lifted in a fasted state and hardly had problems lifting heavy.
    Aye, me too. Ive been able to add weight every day since starting WD as well, so i suppose that it does vary from person to person.

I sometimes get pangs during cardio but thats nothing the PWO Shake wont fix
    Caffeine and Amon Amarth give me all the motivation I need.

"There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are a p*ssy. Let me be clear here: if you'd rather take steroids than do your squats heavy and drink enough milk, then you are a f*cking P*ssy. I have no time or patience for f*cking P*ssies. Please tell everyone you know that I said this."
    - Mark Ripptoe