Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000)

Help me find source of Chinese child abuse

edit: The fund is $200.00 via PayPal for this particular video. I don't need other videos. I want this particular program where this clip is from.

Ok. I have this specific goal in mind. Take a look at this video:

I need to find out exactly which gym this is and when it happened. Why? Because I have reason to believe this is fake. However I want to know the truth.

If this video is real and you can prove it, I will rep you for life. I may even give real life monetary compensation for your effort (via PayPal).

To be real:

I need gym name, location, phone number, when it happened, how and if possible, why it was filmed, etc.
    Last edited by NotStandingBy; 04-03-2009 at 07:58 PM.

NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000)
    What I'm hoping for is finding out the phone number of the person who made this video (the source, not some youtuber).

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've done M.A research in China (On the People's Liberation Army - not an easy subject) I speak/read Chinese. I'm sort of interested in this because I was at the Olympics and such.

couple questions, why do you think this is fake? Do you have anything else to go on besides this video?

I am in essence Chinese. I'm a full blown immigrant from Asia. I want to know why this video was made. People believe all sort of things about China and the Chinese, many of which aren't true. Granted, the brutality in China exist but not on the level many people think of it as.

Originally Posted by hooked4life View Post
    I've done M.A research in China (On the People's Liberation Army - not an easy subject) I speak/read Chinese. I'm sort of interested in this because I was at the Olympics and such.

couple questions, why do you think this is fake? Do you have anything else to go on besides this video?
    PLA is a very, very complicated military, despite the fact that some people would like you to believe they still use bows and arrows.

I believe this is fake on one of many reason - why would the abuser let someone video cam the abuse? That's like, robbing a store and saying "I hope you have a security camera".

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nobody thinks the PLA uses bows and arrows....

look - i was at Beida for 6 months before/after the games - i really don't think this would be considered abuse. i saw things like this on CCTV all the time.
    Last edited by hooked4life; 04-03-2009 at 07:13 PM.

nobody thinks the PLA uses bows and arrows....
    Past topics in this forum as well as other military forum has lead me to believe some people think Chinese military are completely inferior. That's another topic for another day though.

"Omg US Navy SEAL can beat any Chinese Special Force!" "Omg Russia can trample through Chinese military no problem!" "Omg Chinese military is too weak this and too weak that."

look - i was at Beida for 6 months before/after the games - i really don't think this would be considered abuse.
    How come this is not abuse? If it's not abuse, I want to know the person or group who produced this video. I want to see or read the perspective they are coming from.

edit: I have CCTV channel and I never caught this. Link? Proof?

well, the PLA doesn't have a stunning military record yet. but the politburo seems to have a hard on to modernize asap.

another day, you are correct.

if you have nothing else to go on, i also have no clue.

but, Xinhua, english is ok, chinese is best, can give you a perspective on how young training is considered ok. i just really don't think this would be viewed as abuse. having been in beijing during the games (my campus hosted some venues even) i find absolutely nothing remarkable about this clip. at all.

---- also i'm getting the sense you're an angry ABC/early age immigrant -- i've known many. it gets old, and does your cause a lot more harm than good.
    Last edited by hooked4life; 04-03-2009 at 07:19 PM.

PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PupelyVerbose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It looked real to me.

What about kicking and striking children and shoving them around, is not abuse to you?

Some of those kids looked like they were in extreme pain. I didn't see one that looked happy or like they were enjoying what they were doing.

Shouldn't they be playing and doing kid stuff at that age instead of training 12 hours a day?

well, the PLA doesn't have a stunning military record yet. but the politburo seems to have a hard on to modernize asap.

another day, you are correct.
    if you have nothing else to go on, i also have no clue.
    You said you saw it on CCTV all the time, do you know the name of the program? Anything I can go on?

but, Xinhua, english is ok, chinese is best, can give you a perspective on how young training is considered ok. i just really don't think this would be viewed as abuse. having been in beijing during the games (my campus hosted some venues even) i find absolutely nothing remarkable about this clip. at all.
    I don't know how young is acceptable, but to be frank, sitting on a child, pulling her leg to an impossible angle, making the children cry, etc, seems more like abuse than training.

---- also i'm getting the sense you're an angry ABC/early age immigrant -- i've known many. it gets old, and does your cause a lot more harm than good.
    I'm not ABC nor am I angry. I'm frustrated if anything.

Originally Posted by PupelyVerbose View Post
    It looked real to me.

What about kicking and striking children and shoving them around, is not abuse to you?

Some of those kids looked like they were in extreme pain. I didn't see one that looked happy or like they were enjoying what they were doing.

Shouldn't they be playing and doing kid stuff at that age instead of training 12 hours a day?
    i said 'wouldn't be viewed as abuse' i didn't say i approved. my personal feelings on little kid training in china isn't important as to the authenticity of the video.

Originally Posted by PupelyVerbose View Post
    It looked real to me.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm offering small sum of USD hopefully to find the name of this program. If it's played on CCTV, surely they have an archive or something?

i said 'wouldn't be viewed as abuse' i didn't say i approved. my personal feelings on little kid training in china isn't important as to the authenticity of the video.
    Well, it doesn't matter, if it's authentic, show me the name of the program please. If you know about Beida and CCTV, then you would have a far more easier time than me since you knew where it came from.

Originally Posted by NotStandingBy View Post
    Well, it doesn't matter, if it's authentic, show me the name of the program please. If you know about Beida and CCTV, then you would have a far more easier time than me since you knew where it came from.
    no i don't know where this came form, i said i saw stuff like it on TV.

fcking lot of hate in this thread. CCTV doesn't have any kind of video footage log that i know about, nor am i all that interested in doing a random sweep through chinese media. go to xinhua - it's easy - read on the games for half an hour from a chinese source.

all i was doing was sharing personal opinion based on my knowledge. if you don't like it too bad.

signing out of this thread.
    Last edited by hooked4life; 04-03-2009 at 07:29 PM.

no i don't know where this came form, i said i saw stuff like it on TV.

fcking lot of hate in this thread. CCTV doesn't have any kind of video footage log that i know about, nor am i all that interested in doing a random sweep through chinese media. go to xinhua - it's easy - read on the games for half an hour from a chinese source.

all i was doing was sharing personal opinion based on my knowledge. if you don't like it too bad.

signing out of this thread.
    There's no hate. Think about the children.

stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000)
    I ran a few video sites and have a sense of whether things are faked or not. I very much doubt that this footage is faked. In fact, this kind of treatment is quite commonplace in china by the looks of it:

So prove it? Show me the name of the program or the name of the company that made these videos.

Someone said CCTV, so show me time and place of the gym. If you have a phone number, even better.

Originally Posted by stateless View Post
    I ran a few video sites and have a sense of whether things are faked or not. I very much doubt that this footage is faked. In fact, this kind of treatment is quite commonplace in china by the looks of it:

Ok, for those that PMed, I am offering:

$200.00

I will pay via PayPal. Just find me the name of this program (preferably with phone number to said company who produced this program).

Bump, where's the anti-China people who keep showing me anti-China links, that can't show me direct source?

Show me! Prove to me these videos. Don't show me youtube videos. Give me the name of this program so I can give you $200.00.

For all the "China suck" attitude, I expected to be bombarded with lists of reason why. Otherwise everything here is hearsay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay
    Last edited by NotStandingBy; 04-03-2009 at 08:07 PM.

againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks legit. Why would this be fake?

Originally Posted by againstall0dds View Post
    Looks legit. Why would this be fake?
    Because people believe things without doing further analysis. Propaganda is a very, very powerful tool. I could be wrong but show me the name of this program in which the clip was taken from.

First person to do so gets the money provided.

I will confirm this! Once I get the name of the program, I will watch the video (I will buy it if I have to) and look for the company who produced this video.

People just watch it, go "it looks legit" and now have bad impression of China. I could say, China is the greatest country in the world and you wouldn't know why.
    Last edited by NotStandingBy; 04-03-2009 at 08:12 PM.

againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What if foreign reporters secretly recorded it under the disguise of taking an interview later?

Chinese faking it to make China look bad, seriously doubt it. Plus its hard to make little children fake cry.

Why don't you just email the youtube channel owner, the one actually posted the video?

What if foreign reporters secretly recorded it under the disguise of taking an interview later?
    Sure, there has to be a source. This look like it was openly filmed though and someone above even said he saw it on CCTV all the time.

Chinese faking it to make China look bad, seriously doubt it. Plus its hard to make little children fake cry.
    So prove it. Could be propaganda by America. There are actually Chinese who are anti-China too by the way.

Prove me wrong please.

Why would there be a source if its a secret recording without authorization?

Chances are it went staright to Youtube, where it should be if it wasn't authorized.

I don't have to prove anything, its all on the tape.

Fuking cruel indeed

To assist in the search:

http://english.cctv.com/

I looked up various terms like: "chinese olympic children training" "children training"

Nothing. Either the person was lying (or was talking about something else entirely) or this is propaganda. By who? I dunno. Because I'm pretty sure CCTV would keep archive of something like this.

Google shows all America news giving "anti-China" bias news like "China sucks, pollution, China abuses her children, China wants to eat your children, China has evil military, China wants to kill you" etc.

Why would there be a source if its a secret recording without authorization?
    This doesn't look like it was recorded secretly to me. It look like it was recorded in the open.

Chances are it went staright to Youtube, where it should be if it wasn't authorized.

I don't have to prove anything, its all on the tape.

Fuking cruel indeed
    Let's not be ridiculous. You are filming for something like this. The last place you go to is youtube and uploading it. You'd report it to United Nation and other big organization.

EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks like this was recorded from a channel. The logo on the top right corner says "SF" and switches to "1". Maybe you can search for that channel.
    "The worshipers of the Most Gracious are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace. In the privacy of the night, they meditate on their Lord and fall prostrate."
    "And they say, "Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous." These are the ones who attain Paradise in return for their steadfastness; they are received therein with joyous greetings and peace."
    (Qur'an 25:63,74-75)

Originally Posted by NotStandingBy View Post
    This doesn't look like it was recorded secretly to me. It look like it was recorded in the open.

Let's not be ridiculous. You are filming for something like this. The last place you go to is youtube and uploading it. You'd report it to United Nation and other big organization.
    Doesn't look like something that should be reported to UN, its not like its genocide. Cruel nonetheless.

here:

SF 1 is a Swiss television channel run under the public SRG SSR id?e suisse broadcasting group. It is the first of the three national German language channels in Switzerland (the others being SF zwei and SF info).

Channel programming consists of local programmes as well as a wide range of American prime time shows. SF 1 is considered to be the channel that airs more local programming, infotainment and other programmes of that nature.

http://www.sf.tv/sf1

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think the video is documenting abuse. It's probably documenting what kids have to go through in training. There was probably some commentary going along but the video editor removed it and inserted the song.

I do recall there was a program on CCTV that showed the chinese kids in training for the 04 olympics and it showed the injuries they suffered. There was even a documentary released by CCTV following a 9 year old girl gymnast in training. If anything the video is made to make the kids look tough.

Pay close attention to the chinese media and news. Majority of news is focused on showcasing chinese pride and glory.
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000) stateless is just really nice. (+1000)
    Found it. It's from this chinese documentary. The gym you are looking for is --> Li Xiaoshuang gymnastic school

This is part 3. At 8:50 I recognise the section from the first vid you posted.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/olympic...nt_6166945.htm

Children practice doing handstands at the Li Xiaoshuang Gymnastics School in Xiantao, central China's Hubei province, October 10, 2007. More than 60 children aged between three and 10 from all over China train at the boarding school.
    Last edited by stateless; 04-03-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Originally Posted by stateless View Post
    Found it. It's from this chinese documentary. The gym you are looking for is --> Li Xiaoshuang gymnastic school

This is part 3. At 8:50 I recognise the section from the first vid you posted.
    Ok let me confirm in a second or two. I am gonna call this person or company up. Quote me on this and PM me your PayPal address.

By the way I still need the way to contact.

So far I got:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Xiaoshuang