mesmk001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Abnormal muscle lump on ribcage right below chest...why??

recently i noticed a noticeable muscle lump that connects under my right pec on the rib cage. I've been working out for 3 years and i'm currently 20yo. at one time a while ago I noticed it, but it was very small and didn't think anything from it, but now it has gotten rather large as I continued to work out my chest. Is there any reason why its there, or how I can maybe get rid of it or equal it out. It's only on my right chest and not my left. It only comes up when i flex my abs or chest. heres some pics. thanks for the help
    Attached Images

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It could just be a piece of your pectoralis that is connected strangely.

Does it move when you cough? It could be a hernia between the intercostal muscles. This is very rare though.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

Originally Posted by melon View Post
    It could just be a piece of your pectoralis that is connected strangely.

Does it move when you cough? It could be a hernia between the intercostal muscles. This is very rare though.
    it stays in the same place and doesn't move at all. I'm kind of convinced its part of my pectoralis, but who knows. probly nothing i need to worry about, but i'm going to have it checked out soon. After doing some research I found out it could also be a hiatus hernia, if so i'm not worried because I have no symptoms, but i need to find a way to reduce it. probly from doing so many crunches, put a lot of pressure on my abdomen.
    Last edited by mesmk001; 04-03-2009 at 05:52 AM.

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mesmk001 View Post
    it stays in the same place and doesn't move at all. I'm kind of convinced its part of my pectoralis, but who knows. probly nothing i need to worry about, but i'm going to have it checked out soon.
    It probably is part of your muscle, everyone's muscles are different shapes.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

Originally Posted by melon View Post
    It probably is part of your muscle, everyone's muscles are different shapes.
    thats true but its kind of weird that only my right pec has it and my left doesnt.

Jacked like a Jack Rabbit V-Viper's Avatar
    V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you ever get it checked out? I have the same thing on my right pec.

agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could be a fat cyst. I have three smaller versions of it on my arms and rib cage. Doctor said, it could be removed, but surgery is not covered by most health insurance cos.

Jacked like a Jack Rabbit V-Viper's Avatar
    V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) V-Viper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From what I have seen looking into it, seems to be a low "tendinous insertion" to the rib, Jay Culter has it. You can see it in Youtube videos of him doing chest workouts.

Brandon1019 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    recently i noticed a noticeable muscle lump that connects under my right pec on the rib cage. I've been working out for 3 years and i'm currently 20yo. at one time a while ago I noticed it, but it was very small and didn't think anything from it, but now it has gotten rather large as I continued to work out my chest. Is there any reason why its there, or how I can maybe get rid of it or equal it out. It's only on my right chest and not my left. It only comes up when i flex my abs or chest. heres some pics. thanks for the help
    Hi my name is brandon I'm 15 and am working out I have developed one of These weird bumps too except mine is right in between my two pecs my dad who also works out said it's just a muscle but because yours in in such an abnormal spot I'm thinkig it's just a weird way your right pec developed. All I can say it now you have something cool to show people at the gym or anthers else. It's almost like a customized muscle. But hey if you find out what it really is let me know because I it's bad I have to get mine cecked out as well. Okay man peace!

huxtable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hi

i have got exactly the same thing and im starting to wry about it did you get urs checked out

kevinkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

same thing.

Dude I got that same thing going on just on my left side, pretty much just recently it really showed up, must just be the way the muscles tie in. I don't really do much decline work or anything but do work my abs often but oh well, I've seen other guys with it Jim Cordova is one he's a 3 time Mr. Universe and Muscletech athlete. Just saying that cause I actually noticed it on him. But yeah I mostly noticed it recently I know this is the leanest I've been but other then that not much else I'm doing different to really make it come out. Oh well everbodys muscles are different I guess but it is still kind of weird and annoying.

chestbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

-.-

I have the same exact thing on the same side. Its so phckin annoying it basically makes my right pec look a bit smaller than my left and it stops my chest meat from hanging like my left pec. I hate it so much -.-

WillemTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you ever figure out what it was? I have the same thing on both of my pecs.

Mav315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone got answers? I have the same issue. I've tried massaging it and it gets really inflamed really fast. I was thinking it might be a knot I can rub out in time. It's giving me the ****s!

Queenfeisty is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool Breathing a little easier

I decided to make an account and post because there were too many questions without answers to this problem.
    The weird bump which may seem one sided, or both sides but in different areas can be largely due to the cause of intercostal muscle knots or aka muscle sprain or intercostal muscle spasms. You can tell if you have this problem by asking yourself:
    -Have you ever suddenly had a random sharp painful stitch like pain in your front part of your chest?
    -Do you have bad posture and sit for long periods of the day being sedentary (like work?)?
    -Does the pain feel like stabbing in that specific localized spot?

When having this pain, it feels like you can barely breathe, usually this is temporary.
    You may be unable to fully take a full breathe due to this acute pain, and avoid fullchest expansion until the odd pain resides.
    This is all intercostal pain!
    I work at the hospital here and Holy cannoli, it feels like almost everyone suffers with this random pain on some level.
    You make be able to relieve most of this pain yourself by palpating your chest and lightly massaging the intercostal spaces between your ribs, be CAREFUL not to press hard, VERY light pressure is necessary because not all your ribs are bones, you do not want to damage the costal cartilage on your ribs.
    From being a stoner in the past and a post secondary student, I've experienced this pain many times in my life! I didn't think there was much I could do. It can, and does feel like a mad.
    If you use light pressure and massage along the intercostal space of every rib, especially around and underneath the mammary gland, I bet you will find more inferior right under the breast.
    It may be a bit painful and tender to palpate this hardened area at first, but the more you massage with your fingers with a soft back and forth motion, you will feel your muscles slightly go into spasm and start releasing as you promote blood flow in those areas that have become ischemic. Many of these knots can also be found on the lateral side of your thoracic cage, just along the arm pit line, those are the more satisfying and relieving knots to release. Try to massage the spaces moving up the chest, you may find that some spaces are well spaced, while other intercostal spaces are incredibly close together because of a muscle knots that has developed, pulling the space smaller and over time, may warp the shape of your anterior thoracic.
    It's important to address this problem as it will be recurrent and can easily be mistaken as a heart attack when expressed by some elerderly individuals.
    If massaging in the spaces specifically is too much and knots may be a bit too difficult to locate, use your knuckles to lightly run them down the ribs up and down, you may be able to find a knot easier this way!
    You don't have a tumor or something abnormal, just a knot, now go release it!
    You will notice A HUGE difference in your breathing, your chest feels lighter.
    People with anxiety also experience more knots due to their breathing, most of these knots are​ usually along the diaphragm.
    Hope this helps and answers most of the questions here!

GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneticMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everything is a fuking hernia with you guys. 3Ever thought it is a cramp or something? Not everything is a fuking hernia. Shet!