mattw204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drinking on a cut!!!

Its hard not to drink on a cut being in college, but I was wondering what is the best way I could go about doing this. I only drink on friday and saturday night, but its hard not to drink when all there is to do at my school is party because of how small it is. Besides drinking on friday and saturday night i have a very strict diet throughout the week. How could I still drink and lose weight? Should I just do intense cardio the following day or what?

Registered User yoyoyolilembryo's Avatar
    yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyoyolilembryo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    while im not gonna sit here and tell you it wont hinder you at all, I will say that I cut from 297 to 187(current) and I drink app 1-2 nights a week. I drink sprite zero and vodka, or mgd 64 or bud light. I havent noticed any slow down in my progress. Im not saying it helped, just saying. The thing is, just use common sense about it just like anything else.

kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just smoke Just kidding...

What I do is drink on an empty stomach so I get buzzed quicker (and thus don't have to drink as much). You have to be careful though if because you can easily go overboard and get wasted this way. I'll usually stick w/ only beers like Amstel Light (100 cal per btl) and stay away from liquor since it's not really needed.

I also regulate what I eat during the days leading up to the weekend in order to build a buffer for the beer/junk food I know I'll end up consuming on Friday/Saturday. So say I stay I'm trying to eat 2700 cal/day on a cut and I got a big weekend coming up, I'll eat 2300-2500/day Sun-Thurs, leaving me 1000-2000 calories to play around w/ for the weekend. Also try to drink only one out of the two days if possible.

** IMPORTANT** Be sure to drink a LOTof water, I'm talking 4-6 cups, BEFORE you go to bed. This will stave off dehydration, and you'll feel so much better in the morning than if you had not. A lot of people neglect this and drink water after they wake up and they've already got a hangover - it's too late by then. The trick is to prevent the hangover, and this is done by drinking tons of water before you knock out. Then you'll be in good enough condition to hit the gym Sat/Sun during the day and make up for the night before

conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by delocated View Post
    The last thing you will want to do on the following day when you will most likely have a hangover is intense cardio, you will feel like death and probably throw up. Now if you say you don't get hangovers, then you aren't drinking enough and shouldn't be worried. However empty calories are empty calories, i would stick with light beers at most.

I have cut considerable weight drinking almost every weekend as well, could the cut have been quicker and perhaps more? of course. Do i regret not taking the cut more "serious" hell no. These are our young years enjoy them.
    I very much agree
    Proud Member of the "I lost 100 Pounds Club"!

My Transformation Thread:
    .... new one coming soon!

hindsight is always 20/20 fishscale4sale's Avatar
    fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Drinking on a cut is like eating McDonald's on a cut.. Actually McDonald's is probably better since at least you're getting some protein and whatnot...

Either way, moderation is key. If you drink on Friday and Saturday, then limiting yourself to 3-4 beers isn't that bad. If you binge and have a 12-pack, then you're not taking your cut seriously.

C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C-Money has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i dont drink often, but if i do its only coors lights or rum and diet cokes.. dont make it a habit or you will be just spinning your tires!
    Trying to reach freak status.... it will happen!

drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lost 40 pounds in 7 months while drinking a lot... like 4 times a week 6-10 drinks each time. I was stupid and knew it was so i decided compensating by not eating much at all the day of or breakfast the next day was a good idea... helped losing weight but stupid. Just be smart about it and maybe cut 200 or so calories the rest of the days of the week.
    Life's a Bitch. Make it yours.

Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by delocated View Post
    sorry but who in their right mind is only going to drink 3-4 beers at a party or social gathering? Binging one or two days isn't going to kill you, i speak from experience.
    you can still have fun while not drinking, so having a few will help you have lil more fun, but its no fun drinking til you puke and blacking out either. my friends understand drinking is not a competition, and they think, if you dont want to drink a lot or at all, cool, more for me, and atleast we'll have some designated drivers at the end of the night. limiting your drinking to a few beers doesnt mean your a pussy, it means you have self control, some of the funnest nights i've had is when i just nurse a couple tall boys and not get drunk, because i can actually remember everything and i avoid alot of the repercussions that come with heavy drinking

fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishscale4sale has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tito8907 View Post
    some of the funnest nights i've had is when i just nurse a couple tall boys and not get drunk, because i can actually remember everything and i avoid alot of the repercussions that come with heavy drinking
    Same here... I used to be the one who drank the most, and I would be pushing everyone else to drink more. Next day, I felt like **** and my memory was hazy at best. I would eat a bunch of ****ty food because my typical healthy diet food didn't sound too appealing while hungover...

Lately I've been cutting out the drinking a lot, and if I do drink it's only a couple, 3 at most. Oh, and my alcohol tolerance has gone way down as well. And to the poster who said that no one drinks only 3-4 at a social gathering? The people you hang around with must be a bunch of alcoholic slobs because I know plenty of people who don't drink much, or not at all.

Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000) Tito8907 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fishscale4sale View Post
    Same here... I used to be the one who drank the most, and I would be pushing everyone else to drink more. Next day, I felt like **** and my memory was hazy at best. I would eat a bunch of ****ty food because my typical healthy diet food didn't sound too appealing while hungover...

Lately I've been cutting out the drinking a lot, and if I do drink it's only a couple, 3 at most. Oh, and my alcohol tolerance has gone way down as well. And to the poster who said that no one drinks only 3-4 at a social gathering? The people you hang around with must be a bunch of alcoholic slobs because I know plenty of people who don't drink much, or not at all.
    exactly

Registered User LatinoMusculito's Avatar
    LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whiskey on the rocks.

That's all I drink. Maybe some shots of vodka, and if I must I mix or down it with an aspartame pop.

Either way, getting 'drunk' and sloppy is gross and monkey business that I don't do anymore, so I don't have problems drinking too much. So you better off drinking a few shots of vodka and you're good to go. That'll only add up to like one cheat meal of empty useless calories.

DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LatinoMusculito View Post
    Whiskey on the rocks.

That's all I drink. Maybe some shots of vodka, and if I must I mix or down it with an aspartame pop.

Either way, getting 'drunk' and sloppy is gross and monkey business that I don't do anymore, so I don't have problems drinking too much. So you better off drinking a few shots of vodka and you're good to go. That'll only add up to like one cheat meal of empty useless calories.
    I like your thinking bro.

To the OP.. first drink a lot of water throughout the day before you drink. This way your hydrated when you start drinking. And second just limit what you drink.. go for buzz instead of drunk. If not and you drink Friday and Saturday, pick one night to get ****y and one night where you casually drink. Also dont skip a meal so you can drink, stick to your diet and enjoy your booze.
    [][][]----TEAM EPIC----[][][]

Thanks guys it all depends on the night but usually when im drinking its beer and its always light. So if its 100 calories a beer and i have maybe 6 or 7 that's about 1200-1400 with in the two nights. The parties I go to we always walk and there is a ton of hills so sometimes we do a lot of uphill walking if we go to multiple parties. Which means if I stick to a strict diet early in the day on friday and saturday I shouldn't slow my progress down to much?

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know how you feel, as I'm in college as well and must succumb to the lifestyle. A few tips:

-Do not drink when you are on a full stomach if you are just trying to get drunk. It's just a waste of calories.

-If you want to have beer, stick with light beers (around 100-110kcal per 12oz) or MGD 64 (64kcal per 12oz). It will take a while to get you drunk with the MGD 64, but you can have 6 of them and that's less than 400 calories.

-Best option in my opinion is to stick with Diet Sodas and some sort of liquor. My personal favorite is Diet Dr. Pepper with some type of bourbon whiskey.

Disclaimer: I do not advocate binge, underage, or dangerous drinking.

Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a heavy drinker when I do drink, but I seem to get wasted easily lately due to the low blood sugar caused by my diet. I stick to either 2-3 glasses of Red Wine, Vodka/Coke Light or Rum/Soda/Lime.

The key is drinking 1.5 ltrs of water before you go to bed and possibly having a meal to line your stomach at the end of the day. I think boozing only really affects your progress, when you're too hungover to hit the gym the next day.
    Week 1: Weight: 97 kg @ 24% BF
    Week 2: Weight: 95 kg @ 22.3% BF
    Week 3: Weight: 92 kg @ 20% BF
    Week 4: Weight: 90 kg @ 17.49% BF
    Week 5: Weight: 90 kg @ 15.5% BF
    Week 6: Weight: 89 kg @ 15% BF
    Week 7: Weight: 89 kg @ 14.85% BF
    Week 8: Weight: 88 kg @ 12.43% BF
    Week 9: Weight: 87 kg @ 10.05% BF

Week 10: Weight: 88 kg @ 9.59% BF
    Week 11: Weight: 87 kg @ 9.13% BF
    Week 12: Weight: 86 kg @ 9.13% BF (Plateau)
    Week 13: Weight: 84 kg @ 8.67% BF

whats a good low calorie liquor to get to mix with diet coke, sprite, dr pepper, etc.

Originally Posted by mattw204 View Post
    whats a good low calorie liquor to get to mix with diet coke, sprite, dr pepper, etc.
    Anything clear, not syrupy.(vodka, gin, etc)

barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not specifically with those drinks, but VODKA, go as far as drinking it straight and you'll get drunk with as little calories as you'd need.
    6 week PSMF cut log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124060021

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't find it hard.

The effects of chronic alcohol use on hormone levels is what was the nail in the coffin for me.
    I want to touch the butt.

dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbantayjr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Diet coke, bacaradi clear. Zero calories, zero carbs.

thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Now I am no cutting expert, and am only 4 weeks into my first cut, but I must disagree.

With all the numerous downfalls of drinking and empty calories, it seems like drinking would have a signifcant effect on your progress. I mean those calories are not good for fat loss and will halt it immediatly to process the alcohol. Also if you eat your normal diet and then drink 600 calories +, you def wont be under maintenence.

3 weeks so far without drinking for me!

I think I am going to crack soon. Being at parties 100% sober is really getting old..
    3rd year Biology Student
    Currently in therapy for lower back injury.

bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    honestly, the worst part of alcohol isnt the calories. You can plan around that, either cut back or exercise more. the worst part is the fact that it messes up your body's fat burning. Your body stops everything its doing and tries to get the booze out. It can have pretty detrimental effects to fat loss.

with that being said, i am in college too and have the philosophy to enjoy my team here right now. Results might be slow, but i dont want to have regrets about these years so im fine with it. Just watch the drunk food and u should be fine
    SC: BKing1024

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bking10 View Post
    with that being said, i am in college too and have the philosophy to enjoy my team here right now. Results might be slow, but i dont want to have regrets about these years so im fine with it. Just watch the drunk food and u should be fine
    Good plan. No regrets for college.

Do your best to make up with extra cardio and/or fewer calories.

Also, I never plan my HIIT around when I will be drinking alcohol because HIIT relies so heavily on burning calories afterwards, and as you said, alcohol impedes this.

Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000)
    I recently read an article on alcohol metabolism and such. They had said that a very small amount if any of alcohol actually gets stored as fat since the ethanol gets metabolized as fast as possible and gets converted into fuel. They also referenced a study saying that men who replaced traditional calories with alcoholic calories actually lost weight and the men who ate the same plus moderate drinking over 12 weeks did not gain any weight. And of course long time use results in definite weight loss. The study was pretty ambiguous and I would like to look further into it, but I have noticed that I drop a ton of weight when I drink...more than likely its because of the food that I do not eat while drinking.

I think you have to think of the lifestyle that ensues when one drinks...instead of sleeping you are just burning all those calories of alcohol plus more. I know i get pretty damn active when I drink, there is no way that just pure alcohol fuels me through a night of drinking.
    Last edited by MetallicaMan88; 04-03-2009 at 12:00 AM.
    Business As Usual

Annapurna II

Anyone can look big standing alone