Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    whitehorizon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitehorizon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitehorizon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No Update?
    The Gods envy us because we are mortal, Any moment could be our last, Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.

Live your life without fear, With fear you are forgotten.

atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

weekend log

Sorry for the late responce - travel home over the weekend to throw a surprise party for my BF. So, I still trained on Satruday:
    Chest/Tri's/Shoulders/ abs
    30 on elipical
    Great workout, I felt like I was burning the whole time. I was moving faster through my reps than I normally do b/c I was in a time crunch - and - I think I will keep moving fast. It had my heart rate up
    I had a couple of cheats throughout the weekend, but for the most part i did okay. Did a small carb up Sunday morning with some fruit and a donut , but then, did a trail run Sunday when we got back into town - 40 minute run. The trail run/hike is really hilling b/c I live in Ausitn so it was a great workout.
    I downloaded a book from Derek Charlebois and Marc Lobilner - very interesting reading. I have joined Team Scivation and awaiting my personal plan.
    I went ahead and changed up my diet starting this morning to mirror what they have in the book. I will make additional adjustments as they come in.
    I also emailed fitnessman and asked about the large tummy issue - he said to cut calories to 1500 (this also match info in the book when you stall out), so I am going to try it.

fingers crossed.
    That burn is your body carving out the new you!
    Cheers to success!

atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atxburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

today's log

I got up and did carbio this morning. Did 30 minutes on the Cybex machine - kinda like a Gazel thing. It targets the back of the leg, which I need help with - as most women do.
    I also switched to a Scivation diet today. Once of the 6 (I think) that they talk about in their forums. I picked the one for women specifically. VERY simular to the Palumbo diet. It will take me a few days to break into it and figure it all out. I also dropped my calories to 1500. The different b/t the diet I am moving too from where I have been are as follows:
    1500 calories
    Protien:210 (suppose to have anyway)
    Fat: 75
    carbs: 0 - except for the bi product from fiber (just like keto)

So, again, I will have to figure this all out. My numbers just aren't adding up thus far the way the book says they should. But, I got close:
    Calories: 1500
    Protien: 163.1
    Fat: 72.6
    I messed up with some lowfat cheese in my eggs this morning.
    I am going to try another suggestion they give of almonds instead of PB tomorrow and see if that doesn't help my numbers

I taught kickboxing tonight at the gym - 600 calories in 60 minutes - FAB NRG!
    Hope tomorrow it holds up as well.
    Cheers to success!

today's log

I really like my new training program. I found it on T-nation, it is by Wet Wolf who has this great no BS type of training. That website has some fantastic free resrouces.
    10 incline on treadmill to warm up.
    Workout: ALL supersets
    superset 1:
    5 warmup sets:
    5 assisted (12 gauge) pull ups, 5 front squats with 50lb bar
    5 assisted (3 on 10 and 2 on 11), 5 front squats with 60 lb bar

Superset 2:
    4 warmup sets:
    5 reps, 15 lb db- standing military press
    5 reps, single leg deadlift w/ 40 lbs
    5 reps, 25lb db - standing military press
    5 reps, 30lb db, single leg deadlift

5x5 sets with ab roler - holly mollie!! That was HARD on the abs. They were cramping and on fire!

Straight onto the elipical for 10 minutes to wrap up my hour! Loving it! My HR was modirate the whole time - had my heartrate monitor on. Everything it started beeping it was at the end of my 60 rest and time for another superset. Perfect workout!

Anywho -
    Calories:1550
    Pro:43%
    Fat:41%
    Carb:16% - I had an artichoke..mmm lots of fiber -I need more fiber.

On the new diet I have 2 days with replacing fat with fiber to shock the system. Tomorrow is the 1st day. So, I have bought lots of veggies and cooked some spinach with evoo and garlic. That is the only fat I will be having. The calories total is really low for tomorrow - so only taking the dogs for a walk when I get home from work.
    Cheers to success!

frustrated to no end!

I am really frustrated. I am gaining a TON of weight in my mid-section - the part that stores fat when your diet is loaded with fat. And even though I made changes with week to my workout and food, it is just an incredical grid to continue b/c I am so far worse off than I was. It is going to take a minimum of 1-2 months to fix the problems with my midsection that were caused by straight Keto.
    Cheers to success!

yesterday's log

I didn't workout - day off and really sore from the new workout plan from the day before. I have 2 workouts - my day 2 on the plan and I teach cycle tonight...so, lots of cardio and calorie burn.
    I did hirer fiber yesterday and less fat - except for breakfast where I had a California omlete - so the Avodcado spiked my fat.
    Calories: 1348
    protein: 56%
    carbs:9%
    fat:35%

Given my %'s I should still be in keto, I ran out of sticks and don't know if I want to buy anymore or not...I only tested over trace 2x's...even eating a ton of fat.

Hoping for a good workout tonight
    Cheers to success!

whitehorizon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitehorizon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitehorizon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So you are stopping the keto diet and moving to a Scivation diet? What are the differences?
    The Gods envy us because we are mortal, Any moment could be our last, Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.

Live your life without fear, With fear you are forgotten.

Red face today's log

Well, I am still a bit sore from Tuesday, nice change from what I am use too. I taught cycle tonight and I am completly out of glycogen - b/c I felt like tonight was one of the hardest classes I have taught and my max HR was 169 and my avg was 140. Even though I should know that a) my AT will not be the same each day, and 2) I am in ketosis - I still expect to perform at my best. Either way - great workout! I taught Hills with Intervals I love hills, my fav by far!
    Burned 515 calories could of sworn it was going to be another 600 day, but I will take it
    Other good side is my stomach appears to be getting a bit flatter

I went over a bit on my calories. REALLY stressed at work this week and today was no better - I am in HR, so I will just leave it at that. On top of that, not feeling so hot - no, not the swine flu, just Austin pollen I am guessing. We did have 3 schools close here today by me. So, being careful about where I put my hands.

Calories:1664
    Fat:42%
    Carbs:13% (lot of dessert protien today, mmmm protien pancakes)
    Protien:46%
    Cheers to success!

Question today's log

Just an update from the weekend..went down to the Gulf to look at boats and couldn't resist some popcorn shrimp or some freach tuna to bring home and make sushi.
    Back on keto/palumbo on Sunday, but didn't track the food. I know it was much lower than I normally eat.
    I went for a trail run this morning, 30 mins, and taught kickboxing tonight. While my numbers were spot on for keto, I am suppose to be on palumbo and having a very, very hard time wih the diet and trying to get my protein high enough and fats modirate. I am going to keep playing with options. If anyone has done it, can you give me a sample food log on how you did it?
    Thanks!!!!

Calories:1597
    fat:65%
    Pro:30%
    Carb:5%
    Cheers to success!

messurments

Took my messurments this morning and I am back where I started. I am at a loss. Maybe keto/palumbo just isn't for me and my body hates it. I have to figure something out quick...nothing fits anymore with the muscle that I have built under the fat that was suppose to melt away.
    Cheers to success!

Originally Posted by whitehorizon View Post
    So you are stopping the keto diet and moving to a Scivation diet? What are the differences?
    I haven't received my personalized plan from their trainers yet, but basically it is just like Palumbo - High protein, modirate fat, no carbs. So, just flipping the fat and protein content from keto. I am on week 2 and I really hope to see something different...fingers crossed.
    Cheers to success!

anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anniesbay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey lady, i responded to you in my log but thought i should jump in here too. I'm so bummed for you and you know I feel your pain. Why is this so much harder for us??? when you joined Team Scivation, did you talk to them about the gain in your stomach? are you sure it's what you think? that the fat from keto is causing your stomach to store fat? i just don't want to believe that. i do actually feel better eating less carbs. but then again, i feel better just eating less keep your head up, keep your arms pumping, you'll get there.

today's log

I got up again and did fasted cardio...30 mins on the elipical about 300 calories. Then, tonight I did my day 1 workout:
    9 sets of Supersets:
    4 sets of pull ups, 5 reps - assisted on 12 , 5 sets on 11
    front squat - 4 with 59lbs, 5 with 70 lbs

9 sets of supersets:
    5 reps - miltary press, 4 sets with 17.5lbs, 5 sets with 25lbs
    single legs deadlifts:
    5 reps, 4 sets with 55lbs, 5 sets with 65lbs

Ab rolers - 5 sets of 5

Calories:1204
    Fat:50%
    Pro:45%
    Carbs:5%
    Cheers to success!

Originally Posted by anniesbay View Post
    hey lady, i responded to you in my log but thought i should jump in here too. I'm so bummed for you and you know I feel your pain. Why is this so much harder for us??? when you joined Team Scivation, did you talk to them about the gain in your stomach? are you sure it's what you think? that the fat from keto is causing your stomach to store fat? i just don't want to believe that. i do actually feel better eating less carbs. but then again, i feel better just eating less keep your head up, keep your arms pumping, you'll get there.
    Thx doll! No, I am not prego's I have an IUD. I did give them all my measurements and b/f pics and current pics - they will have NO problem seeing the issues. I will have to just wait and see what they recommend. For the past few days I have been so down on the diet and busy I haven't been focusing on the food - and you know what - it has been really, really nice. I only grab somethin to eat when I feel my stomach talking - and not looking at the clock going - oh, I have to eat x amount of this and x amount of that. I am basically eating protein and fat - still no carbs other than fiber - But I am not getting the high amount of calories that I typically do - and some, and I stress some - of the bloating is going down - or appears to be. But, since everything changes day to day I don't want to get too excited until it sticks.
    I figure - If I stay around 1200-1500 calories with zero carbs and 4 days a week of faster cardio - and the new workout program which is for fat burn - something good is bound to happen.
    I think being to obsessed is making me cranky and not liking myself.
    BTW - a girlfriend of mine I workout with every once in a while, tried keto for a month and stopped b/c her fat increased too.
    Cheers to success!

today's log

Did part 2 of my workout - I was rushed coming from work and trying to get it in b/f I had to teach cycle...endurance ride so, 60 minutes below AT...total calories 716

Supersets 1
    Lat row
    4x12 with 20 lbs
    4x9 with 30lbs
    split stance squat - 9 sets
    4x12 with 25lbs
    4x 9 with 30 lbs

Superset 2
    Incline Bench Press - 9 sets
    4x12 with 25 lbs
    4x9 with 30 lbs
    pile squat - 9 sets
    4x12 with 30lbs
    4x10 with 45 lbs

I didn't have time for the crocs, so , I will have to pick those up later this weekend.
    Also, I wasn't sore this week like I was last week from Tuesday Hopefully I will feel something tomorrow.

Calories:
    ??? not a lot - didn't have breakfast, had some nuts, PB with celery, 8 pieces of sushi, miso soup, and 2 pork chops
    Cheers to success!

playing catch up

It was my birthday this weekend - so, I had a bit of a cheat...chocolate covered strawberrys (to die for), my favorite cereal (fiber one cinnimon) and pulled pork tacos!!! OMG - you just don't even know how amazing they were!
    But, still killed myself in the gym on Friday and Saturday morning (fasted worked) b/c I knew I was going to cheat. We did lots of house work on top of that - stained the fence in 95' heat - ever done it?? Don't - so freaking hot! And, some yard work - burning extra calories just from the sweating I am sure.
    So, I taught kickboxing last night - getting those stored carbs out of my system - 600 cals burned.
    I got up and did fasted cardio this morning - 30 mins. I was moving kinda slow, but kept my HR at 145, so it was still effective.
    Still not counting anymore and just eating when my tummy talks - seems to be working better for me instead of forcing myself to eat every 2-3 hrs. Sometimes I am hunrgy, sometimes not.
    We have a group join us for dinner on Saturday, and my friend commented on my arms - "looking buff" lol - dont' know if she was just being nice, but it was nice to hear
    Cheers to success!

today's log

Feeling achie, but still pushed through the workout. I have a ton of crap in my chest, must be the allergies.

9 sets of Supersets:
    4 sets of pull ups, 5 reps - assisted on 12 , 5 sets on 11
    front squat - 4 with 59lbs, 5 with 70 lbs

9 sets of supersets:
    5 reps - miltary press, 4 sets with 17.5lbs, 5 sets with 25lbs
    single legs deadlifts:
    5 reps, 4 sets with 55lbs, 5 sets with 65lbs
    Ab rolers - 5 sets of 5
    Cheers to success!

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am so confused by the gain in your midsection!? Has it gotten any better lately?
    ''The greatest wealth, is health.''

''Sacrifice what you are, for what you can become.''

My XBox live gamertag is ''Sideways717''

NOPE! Still there. Not going away and I am really not sure what to do. I am just continuing to cut calories and eat higher protein and hope for the best. I am going to give it another couple of weeks (b/c your really need 4 weeks to let your body react b/f you make changes) and see if I need to go to another diet. I think carb cycling would be next.
    Cheers to success!

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same problem on diets with carbs. My stomach gets huge because of the water retention. Im very sensitive to carbs I guess. I just can't understand how you've gained fat around your midsection on keto!? Crazy!

What kinds of fats are you eating. Anything with a lot of sodium (bacon, sausage and lunch meat) caused me to retain water when I first started this diet, because I was new to it and didn't know any better. Rookies....Lol! Other than that, that's all I can think of! Im confused FOR you! Good Luck!

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sideways17 View Post
    I am so confused by the gain in your midsection!? Has it gotten any better lately?
    I'm confused to. You only have one pic but based on your level of activity, I just don't see it, atxburns. What is your bodyfat percentage?

I am not sure - I haven't had it tested in a while. If I was going to guess, around 20-22%. I measured my waist this morning - 33 inches - the biggest I have been in over 8 years. I am so upset and just can't do this anymore. I am in week 8 and haven't lost anything - only gained.
    I am going to leave keto/palumbo as soon as I can find something else. I have basically gained an inch in the past 2 weeks in my midsection. I measured my arms, hips and thighs - no change.
    I will pop back in everyone once in a while to see if anything new has come alone.
    Good luck and congrats to all those that have had success.
    Cheers to success!

No - the only fats I eat are nuts, PB, and 1 tbsp of cream in my coffee in the morning. all other fats would come from the lean meat or the BSN protein shake. I make the chocolate PB cup's or a sugar free cream cheese pie and have a small serving - still within the keto relm, but not as clean as my diet could be.
    I have been OCD with logging everything I eat - I tried 1750 -1850 calories - gained weight. Dropped down to 1200-1500 calories - STILL gaining. My RMR is 1450, so I am not sure what else to try.
    And every once in a while - I will have some cheese (like a babybel 1x per week).
    In the begining (first 2 weeks on keto) I was eating cheese,bacon, turkey sausage, and ranch dressing like it was going out of style...I stopped that b/c i felt ichie all the time.
    Cheers to success!

Im sorry to hear that! I hope you find the results you are looking for with a diet that doesn't disagree with you! Good Luck!