the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Week 196 :: What Top 20 Fitness Tips Will Help You Live Longer?

------------------------------------------------------------
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of past TOTW articles) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What Top 20 Fitness Tips Will Help You Live Longer?

For the week of: April 1st - April 7th
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proper diet and exercise go beyond increasing strength to the extreme or beautifying one's physical appearance. It's also a means to building a longer and healthier life.

What top 20 fitness tips will help you live longer?

What are some of the worst things one can do to cut their life expectancy?

How can one convince a family member or loved one to change their life in a healthier direction?

* IMPORTANT: Please make sure your responses are original and not copied from previous topics.

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks!
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

Bulking %80 BF user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh's Avatar
    user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10) user_8dfg_kwjhe_kjwh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

TOTW results

Just for future reference; where are the results posted of who won the topic of the week once the contest is over for that week?

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by miami_fever View Post
    Just for future reference; where are the results posted of who won the topic of the week once the contest is over for that week?
    it is posted in who won this week in the webmaster first post or you can see it in article reviews section..
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)

Living Fit with History in Effect

Intro

Live Fit or Die. No, this is not P.Diddy talking about voting again, but me telling you to get fit. Being fit is not only being responsible, but its fun. People that are in shape have higher self-esteem and can manage their stress a lot better than people who are out of shape. No, being fit does not mean you to have to be the next Jay Cutler,Gina Aliotti, or even Adele Garcia who I all admire. Being fit is living your life to the fullest and maximizing your life span in this world. Everybody can be fit no matter your condition. You can be in a wheelchair or fighting battle in Iraq and still be fit. Motivation is the key and everybody can do it.

1) First, see a doctor or physician before beginning. Don't just start a program you see in a magazine or even a well-researched program on here without seeing somebody first. No need to begin a supplement regimen or exercise program without seeing this person first. I would then recommend getting advice from a exercise trainer or sign up for training for an hour just to see how to do the exercises.

2) Have a plan. Don't just go in the gym and do stuff. Have a workout book with you to write down things and to jot progress. This is helpful when you want to set a new personal record on an exercise or a new split time on a cardio machine.

3) Follow a simple plan when beginning. When you start weightlifting, don't just start a plan in a magazine that looks difficult. Many times there are people in the weight room who began like you and can offer advice for a beginner. I was a beginner and currently I help people casually when I am not busy in my college gym.

4) Eat healthy. It is alright to eat some junk food once in a while, but don't make it every meal of your day. You may think being healthy means just eating bland food but that is not the case. I actually enjoy alternative foods like almond butter and tofu because they are so good once you learn how to make them right. Eating healthy keeps your body in check and less of a risk to get diseases.

5)Partner up. Don't be fit alone. Have a friend of yours join you on this long-term fitness journey. It can be your best friends, spouse, or anybody that pushes you to do your hardest. There are times when you might want to give up, but they will give you a boost no doubt.

6)Change things up. Don't just do the same workout over and over again. After a while, you will hit a plateau. Switch things up after a while and include fun cardio like jumping rope.

7)Deal with stress. How do you do this? You exercise and your stress will be decreased.

8) Don't bust your budget buying high tech equipment. A person in debt is not a happy person. People who are overstressed have shorter life spans than people who live productive happy lives. Get the basics to workout. Some dumbbells and a jump rope is pretty much all you need.

9) Quality Sleep. Sleep helps you relax and your body needs a rest from stress. You want to get enough sleep that when you wakeup you are refreshed and ready for the new day.

10) Take a rest. If you need to rest after your workout, take it. You may think you can fight through fatigue, but your body knows when the tank is on empty. Working out and not listening to your body leads to overtraining.

11)Role model. There are people watching you in life and you don't know it. It is human nature. There might be somebody who looks up to you for working hard in the gym. When I have kids, I will instill good nutrition and fitness habits into their lives.

12) Eat breakfast. People who don't eat breakfast are found to be less healthy than their counterparts. My breakfast is usually 6 egg whites or 2 whole eggs with 1/2 cup of oats and some almonds. Make sure you have a protein, carb, and fat source at every meal to fulfill your needs.

13) Supplement. You may need to take supplements so your body can recover better the older you get or there might some nutrition deficiencies in your diet. Supplements can shore those problems up. Often, people who work out just need to ingest protein and a multi-vitamin.

14) Stay hydrated because passing out in the gym or having a stroke in 100 degree heat is not fun. Make life easier by drinking water all the time.

15) Stretching is good and helps minimize injury to the muscle. I like stretching after workouts because it is relaxing.

16) Treat yourself. Hit up a spa and relax or get somebody to give you a massage. There is nothing like being pampered after a hard week of workouts.

17) Quality over Quantity. Don't be in the weight room for 2 hours and such. You are no Arnold. You have to be realistic. You want to workout and feel something not be in the weight room talking to that hot guy or girl. You came to do business

18) Have a plan for when people come to your house. The holidays is when people get lazy and gain weight. Eat smaller portions of the food they bring and if you are cooking the food make it healthy as possible.

19) Don't get on a diet. When I think diet, I think of bad things. Diet sounds like temporary. You should eat majority healthy food because its good for you and not because your on a diet.

20) Set short-term and long-term goals. These goals will allow you to shoot for something that can be accomplished

This last tip is not a part of the list, but probably is just as important. Be the best human being you can be. Be nice to others and work your hardest in your life span. Get a good job and do your best at it. Poverty is destroying this community and people in poverty die earlier. Poverty increases stress, so live your life productively and to the fullest.

1) Drugs
    It is quite obvious that taking illegal drugs is bad for your health. You may think your on cloud nine, but you are killing yourself at a fast rate. It is quite sad how people think they are superman or superwoman on these drugs, but when they try to stop they can't. They get these intense withdrawals and become very stressed without the drug. They live for this high and they have to take in higher amounts to keep up that high. You can't be fit and do illegal drugs because your muscle won't grow that much. You are chopping years off your life and you may want to wake up before you die at an early age. Also, legal activities like smoking and alcohol are just as bad in my opinion. People also get addicted to these activites. Personally, I have seen people's lives get wrecked because of alcohol abuse and smoking cigarettes. Cancer is just waiting on you. The trend now is popping prescription pills which is just as bad as anything. A drug-free life gives you a longer chance of survival.

2)Not working out
    Failure to workout because of a variety of reason is a sad excuse to die earlier. Anything can workout and make it fun. People even use the Nintendo Wii to get a workout. I don't care how you workout just do it. Make it fun. I seen a clip on this site where Jamie Eason would pull cards and whatever number she got there would be a certain exercise done or something. It was rather an change of pace for me and I tried it out with success. Workout out and running gives me that natural high that drugs can not match at all. Working out relieves stressful days and has you feeling oh so good.

3) Environment
    Your environment is influential on your development in some cases more than what your parents teach you. My sociology teacher in class many times has told us that influences are all around us. The media is a big impact, friends, and even strangers we don't know. If you hang around negative people who criticize others, then you are not helping anything. You may think its funny to make fun of people, but inside you would not want the same thing. Hanging around with positive people makes you feel better about yourself and life more enjoyable. Negative people encourage negative behavior and that is a loss.

How can one convince a family member or loved one to change their life in a healthier direction?

1) You Need It
    You have to be straight up honest with them. Everybody should exercise for its relieves stress. Don't preach to them just guide in the right direction. The media distorts what the average person looks like, so use your wisdom to help them the right way. Being a Size 0 is not healthy and being obese is not healthy either. Be positive and show them that exercise helps your life go by smoother. Stress does not stand a chance when exercise comes into the picture. Personally, exercise has helped lower my blood pressure.

2) Feels good
    When I hit the weigh room or the cardio room, I feel high as can be. Working out works my body like no other. I might feel sore, but its a good feeling. My body is relieved from the daily stresses of the life with exercise. Like James Brown said, " I feel good," and so will you.

3) Thing To Realize
    You may do all of this and they still might not have any motivation. Remember, it is there life. A lot of people don't get fit until something bad happens which is very sad. They are in control, so let them be if they don't want the help.

Links to Articles on Good Health from Experts

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/daily...ing/index.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...alth/longevity

Fair and Balanced Health Links as you can see.

Use these 20 fitness tips along with the other recommendations and you will be on your way to living a healthy, productive life.
    Last edited by History in Effect; 04-04-2009 at 11:50 AM.
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UCIMTHEROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Top 20 Fitness tips

1. use your heart, I believe that sweating most every day and getting my heart rate up keeps me young
    2. train consistently, whatever you do in your life on a regular basis shows.
    3. drink alot of water. keeps you clean from the inside out.
    4. don't get too fat, even in the off season fat does nothing but slow you down.
    5.use a sauna or steam room. It helps clean my skin by flushing toxins.
    6. eat friut and vegetables every day.
    7. eat fish
    8. Take a break! you would be amazed how taking a week off from training every 4 months helps your sanity.
    9. get a partner, they will help you train harder.
    10. have a goal, goals help to strive for something a push you harder
    11. eat more food. as long as it is clean and you train hard your body needs it
    12. count your protein, it will help you grow muscles.
    13. try
    14. try again
    15. try it again tomorrow
    16. try to determine what is not working.
    17. try to determine what is working.
    19. try to find someone whos done it.
    20. just keep trying.
    What are the worst things you can do to cut life expectancy?
    There are 8 million ways from sucking on a cancer stick or putting a gun to your head. the worst ways are taking any vice to the extreme.
    How can one convince a family member to change?
    IMPOSSIBLE you can only encouragr them! My sister abused herself her whole life no matter what my family did to help her. she made her choice never took care of herself and Over Dosed on Heroin last year at 40 with two kids 10 and 16. if a family member does not want to change for themselves it is like beating your head against a wall.

grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grunts_n_th_gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sometimes starting a project can be a huge challenge. This list is intended to help you understand 20 basic things you can do to get your healthy lifestyle started, stay one track and of course live longer. Most of these tips focus around eating habits and lifestyle behavior. In the end it is up to you to take the initiative and follow through and change your life.

1. Drop bad habits like a bad habit.
    The number one most important thing you can do to live a longer healthier life is to drop your bad habits. This means that if you smoke cigarettes, quit. If you are weekend bar warrior, consider hanging up your sword. If you have a tendency to stop at fast food joints on your way to work, find healthier alternatives like packing a snack to silence those big golden arches that seem to be calling your name.

2. Have a heart.
    Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in the world. You can keep your heart healthy by doing cardiovascular exercise for 30 minutes, at least five times a week. Cardiovascular exercise is proven to increase overall heart health and assist in relieving stress. Try not to think of cardio as just running on the treadmill. Find a racquetball court, talk spot to the park, or jump in your nearest watering hole for a refreshing swim.

3. To thine own self be true.
    Learn to read labels. Food production companies are required to offer nutritional information because it is important. Take advantage of this information and read the nutrition facts for everything that goes into your body. Part two of this tip, is that you must understand the labels. You must know what it means when you buy something that has 30% of your daily serving of saturated fat. Also, do not make the mistake of thinking that the nutrition facts are for the entire container of what you are buying. In addition, be honest with yourself. If one serving of chips is 15 chips, and you generally eat 30 chips, make sure that you double the nutrition facts to understand how many calories you are getting

4. Give yourself plenty of encouragement.
    Being healthy may not be something that everyone around you will immediately notice or appreciate. Do not rely on others to notice your weight loss or muscle gain. You know what you are doing, and when the changes are drastic, others will notice too.

5. We are family.
    Include your family in your health quest. This does not mean that you need to criticize grandma for her afternoon slice of cake. It does mean that you should feel free to explain how happy you are and healthy you feel after working out or eating right. If anyone asks you what you are doing or for advice, feel free to let them know what you are doing, and feel free to even tell them that it has been hard but worth it. No need to sugar coat things, that is what gets people in trouble in the first place.

6. Mom was right: Get those veggies in.
    Vegetable are a great way to flavor your healthy food. Chicken breast with some bean sprouts and broccoli are a healthy and delicious stir fry option. Vegetables also contain natural antioxidants which help eliminate free radicals that have been said to contribute to cancer. If your goal is to lose weight, vegetables are an excellent, low calorie way to fill you up without packing in calories or unhealthy fat.

7. Be fat smart.
    Not all fat is bad. Fat from vegetable sources (like olive oil) will help keep you system running smoothly and are also said to help regulate hormonal levels in both men and women. Olive oil can and should be used in place of traditional greasing methods when frying. The basic concept is that Saturated fats, and of trans fats are bad. Monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats are healthy. This is something to look out for when reading those food labels.

8. Peer pressure can be a good thing.
    If your friends are a part of your unhealthy eating habits, find other fun things to do with them, which do not involve eating. You do not have to ditch your friends, but why not add some health nuts while you are trying to be healthier. If you surround yourself with other healthy people they will encourage you to follow a healthy lifestyle by being a part of yours. Having healthy friends can help you feel a push in the right direction when you hit a slump in your health habits.

9. Laugh more.
    Laughing is more than just something that makes you look and sound silly. Laughing relieves stress and can actually condition your stomach muscles. Now, don?t expect to visit a comedy club and then come out with a full six pack. Laughing has both physical and emotional benefits.

10. GOOOAAAAAAAALLLL.
    Keep track of your goals and be sure to reward yourself when you achieve them. Do not reward yourself with unhealthy food. Buy a new pair of shoes, or get an accessory for you vehicle, or buy that new flavor of protein powder you noticed on bodybuilding.com last week. When you achieve a goal, make a new one so that you are striving to be healthier.

11. Spice it up.
    Do not just do the same routine every day. This not only gets boring but it has been theororized that your body can get too accustomed to the routine and find a way to cheat through it. So switch up your lifting habits, try a new method of cardio and keep yourself motivated.

12. Keep learning.
    Always stay updated up new research about health fitness. This will not only keep you informed of new methods, it will also keep you in the mind frame of a healthy life. If you always have health on your mind, you will be more likely to stay committed to a healthy lifestyle.

13. Be sure to get enough vitamin Zzzz.
    Studies have shown that most humans need between 7-9 hours of solid sleep. Sleep is more important than many people understand. Consider how you feel when you only get a few hours of sleep. You feel terrible. Your body slows down and your mind feels foggy. These reactions are your body?s way of saying ?I need sleep.? Getting enough sleep will allow your body to repair itself and it will also give you the energy you need to get through your workouts.

14. Water world.
    Keep yourself hydrated. Many guidelines suggest that you need eight, eight ounce glasses a day. If you are exercising hard you might want to increase your intake, especially during those workouts. Water can help you flush toxins from your system, and can provide an alternative to senseless munching.

15. Go public.
    Keeping an online journal will not only help you stay in line, it will also allow others to be inspired by your changes. Someone somewhere will stumble upon your transformation and be inspired by it. The more you announce that you are committed to something, the more you feel obligated to it. So if you create a bodyspace on bodybuilding.com, and set a goal to lose 25 pounds in 6 months, you will be more likely to keep that commitment.

16. Meal deal.
    Plan out your meals. Before the day starts or if your are supper organized before the week begins decide what you are going to eat. This sort of structure will allow you to keep control of your eating habits. If you feel like snacking, snack within the confines of your plan.

17. Stick to it.
    Many of the above tips provide opportunities for staying motivated, but in case it needs to be stated more plainly, stay motivated. Do what it takes to be consistent with your diet and exercise. Now, this doesn?t mean that if you make a mistake, you should beat yourself up about, but rather, you should recognize that you have made a mistake and then get back on track. Remember why you are doing what you are doing. Keep pictures on the fridge of your ideal body type, write yourself notes reminding you that you are strong enough to stick with your goals.

18. No junk allowed.
    Do not buy junk food. This is a simple one. Just do not bring junk food into your house or workspace and request that your family member s respect this rule. If the junk isn?t there, you will not be able to eat it. Keep all the healthy snacks around that you want, just leave the sugary, fatty food out. When you buy junk food, you are basically making a commitment to eat it. So make sure you are buying food that is conducive to your goals.

19. Always ask, ?how does this affect my goals.
    Everything you do will affect your goals. Before you go out to eat with your friends, before you sit down in front of the TV with a bag of chips, and before you get to the gym, ask. ?how will this affect my goals?? Make sure that every decision you make is a step in the right direction. Stay focused on a healthy lifestyle and make a part of every decision you consider.

20. Have fun.
    Lastly, make sure that you find a way to have fun with your new lifestyle. You can join health related clubs, or just relish in the fact that you are the person you have always to be. Either way, you should find a way to make your physical lifestyle an emotionally rewarding part of your life. Go play with spot and notice how much easier it is to chase him, go for a walk with your friends or significant other and realize that you can carry a conversation while walking. Find a way to enjoy the small moments in your life that will arise more often when you have committed yourself to a healthy lifestyle.

1. Smoking cigarettes is one of the worst things you can do to cut your life expectancy. Cigarettes not only make your clothes and hair smell and give you premature wrinkles it also hardens your arteries and decreases your lung?s ability to get oxygen to your body. Cigarettes are obviously linked to lung cancer, heart disease and circulation problems.

2. Not paying attention to what you eat can be dangerous. Over eating or eating too much of the wrong thing can cause obesity which is linked to heart disease, joint problems and many other health issues. You cannot simply rely on your taste buds to dictate what you eat every day. This does not mean you can never eat anything that tastes good, but it does mean that you should be aware of what you are eating. Having junk food should be a rare exception rather than a common occurrence.

1. Live by example ? The only rule
    Criticizing someone you love for not being healthy will not work. They will feel defensive and seek out comforting behavior which may be what got then into an unhealthy lifestyle in the first place. What you must do, is lead by example. When you are healthy, you will be happy. Wait for them to ask you what you are doing (and they will) and then perhaps casually say ?I am eating right and working out.? If they want to know more, let them know some details of your meal plan and work out routines. You might end the conversation by asking if they want to join you someday.

*I will be back to make some format*

steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Live to 100

How can one convince a family member or loved one to change their life in a healthier direction

1) Eat your protein

Eating plenty of protein is very important to maintaining a healthly lifestyle. Research shows that it helps improve cardiovascular health and is optimal for weight management due to its satiety rating and the fact that it is metabollically expensive. It also drastically improves brain function and sensory awareness.

2) Eat breakfast

By just eating breakfast alone, you can increase your metabolism by a good 25%. Eating breakfast revs your body up in the morning, which helps everything run smoothly throughout the day. If you don't eat breakfast, your metabolism will be extremely slow, your brain will shut down, and you're not going to have as much energy throughout the day.

3) Take a good vitamin/mineral supplement

At least 98% of the vitamin/mineral supplements out there are garbage. Find one with significantly decreased particle size in order to ensure that your body is using 100% of what you put into it. This by itself can make a huge difference in your life expectancy.

4) Eat veggies

Vegetables are the best thing for your body in terms of longevity. Eat as many as you can.

5) Avoid Processed Foods

Processed foods contain a lot of disease casuing agents that could give you cancer. Hot dogs, cookies, and donuts are probably three of the worst things you can eat.

6) Minimize saturated fats

Get as much of your fat as you can from vegetables, nuts, and fish. People that live in the mediterranean live long and healthy lives because their diets consist of lots of unsaturated fats from things like fish and olive oil. They also have the best skin in the world.

7) Cardiovascular exercise

Doing plenty of cardiovascular exercise will prevent heart disease and will help the body become more efficient with its energy usage.

8) Resistance Training

Buiding quality muscle will protect your joints and bones by minimizing the amount of pressure being put on these vital tissues. Muscle will also insulate the body, which can be the difference between life and death in an accident.

9) Weight management

Obesity can be linked to the majority of diseases. It is hard on the body's internal organs and is also hard on the rest of the body as it tries to support all the extra unecessary weight.

10) Scan for radon emissions

Test your house for radon emissions. Radon is one of the main causes for cancer. It occurs in the ground and can cause serious damage in a person's body if it is directly below that person's house.

11) Get your sleep

Sleep allows the body to recover and rebuild itself. It's like recharging a battery. If a battery is recharged completely, then it will last longer. The same thing happens with your body. If you don't get enough sleep, then it is like charging a battery only half way.

12) Have fun and laugh

Laughing causes a release of endorphines, a hormone that will make you feel good and live longer.

13) Don't let stress run your life

Getting stressed out about things will do nothing positive for you. It will raise your cortisol levels (which makes you fat), and will cut your life expectancy tremendously. Working out is a good way to manage stress. It also released endorphines, which will make you feel a lot better and more energized.

14) Don't create drama

People always end up making their lives way more stressful than they have to be all because they create drama. Live is hard enough as it is. Why make it harder?

15) Relax

Life your life in a relaxed state of mind. This is not saying that you should be passive. You should be able to relax. Constant tension in your life will cause you to get tired and depressed. It's like getting kicked in the leg over and over and over again. Eventually, your just going to collapse. That's a bad analogy, but you get the point.

16) Don't smoke

Smoking is the number one cause of cancer and also causes heart disease since it is a vasoconstrictor. A common long-term side effect is loss of circulation to the legs, which can result in the inability to walk or even the need for amputation.

17) Don't drink

Alcohol is poison. It's not like poison. It is poison. Alcohol is one of the central causes of breast cancer, and kills just about every kind of cell in the body.

18) Avoid Drugs

Drugs are horrible for your body. Marijuana is 4x worse than smoking, and it is one of the least harmful drugs out there.

19) Avoid caffeine

Caffeine is an addictive stimulant that will screw up your body's ability to regulate itself. You will become irritable, agitated, and potentially an insomniac.

20) Eat small, frequent meals

This will ensure that your body has nutrients when it needs them. By doing this, your metabolism will run at an optimal level, and your energy levels will be consistant throughout the day.

The worse things anyone can do:

1) Smoke
    2) Take illegal Drugs
    3) Eat poorly
    4) Not exercise
    5) Not filter their water
    6) Not check for radon emissions
    7) Become obese
    8) Get overly stressed out

To convince a family member to change their lifestyle:

Show them that you genuinely care first, and then show them some research to prove to them that what they are doing is risky behavior. You caould also refer them to a nutritionist or doctor that would point them in the right direction.

steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steveironpump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Live to 100

1) Eat your protein

Eating plenty of protein is very important to maintaining a healthly lifestyle. Research shows that it helps improve cardiovascular health and is optimal for weight management due to its satiety rating and the fact that it is metabollically expensive. It also drastically improves brain function and sensory awareness.

2) Eat breakfast

By just eating breakfast alone, you can increase your metabolism by a good 25%. Eating breakfast revs your body up in the morning, which helps everything run smoothly throughout the day. If you don't eat breakfast, your metabolism will be extremely slow, your brain will shut down, and you're not going to have as much energy throughout the day.

3) Take a good vitamin/mineral supplement

At least 98% of the vitamin/mineral supplements out there are garbage. Find one with significantly decreased particle size in order to ensure that your body is using 100% of what you put into it. This by itself can make a huge difference in your life expectancy.

4) Eat veggies

Vegetables are the best thing for your body in terms of longevity. Eat as many as you can.

5) Avoid Processed Foods

Processed foods contain a lot of disease casuing agents that could give you cancer. Hot dogs, cookies, and donuts are probably three of the worst things you can eat.

6) Minimize saturated fats

Get as much of your fat as you can from vegetables, nuts, and fish. People that live in the mediterranean live long and healthy lives because their diets consist of lots of unsaturated fats from things like fish and olive oil. They also have the best skin in the world.

7) Cardiovascular exercise

Doing plenty of cardiovascular exercise will prevent heart disease and will help the body become more efficient with its energy usage.

8) Resistance Training

Buiding quality muscle will protect your joints and bones by minimizing the amount of pressure being put on these vital tissues. Muscle will also insulate the body, which can be the difference between life and death in an accident.

9) Weight management

Obesity can be linked to the majority of diseases. It is hard on the body's internal organs and is also hard on the rest of the body as it tries to support all the extra unecessary weight.

10) Scan for radon emissions

Test your house for radon emissions. Radon is one of the main causes for cancer. It occurs in the ground and can cause serious damage in a person's body if it is directly below that person's house.

11) Get your sleep

Sleep allows the body to recover and rebuild itself. It's like recharging a battery. If a battery is recharged completely, then it will last longer. The same thing happens with your body. If you don't get enough sleep, then it is like charging a battery only half way.

12) Have fun and laugh

Laughing causes a release of endorphines, a hormone that will make you feel good and live longer.

13) Don't let stress run your life

Getting stressed out about things will do nothing positive for you. It will raise your cortisol levels (which makes you fat), and will cut your life expectancy tremendously. Working out is a good way to manage stress. It also released endorphines, which will make you feel a lot better and more energized.

14) Don't create drama

People always end up making their lives way more stressful than they have to be all because they create drama. Live is hard enough as it is. Why make it harder?

15) Relax

Life your life in a relaxed state of mind. This is not saying that you should be passive. You should be able to relax. Constant tension in your life will cause you to get tired and depressed. It's like getting kicked in the leg over and over and over again. Eventually, your just going to collapse. That's a bad analogy, but you get the point.

16) Don't smoke

Smoking is the number one cause of cancer and also causes heart disease since it is a vasoconstrictor. A common long-term side effect is loss of circulation to the legs, which can result in the inability to walk or even the need for amputation.

17) Don't drink

Alcohol is poison. It's not like poison. It is poison. Alcohol is one of the central causes of breast cancer, and kills just about every kind of cell in the body.

18) Avoid Drugs

Drugs are horrible for your body. Marijuana is 4x worse than smoking, and it is one of the least harmful drugs out there.

19) Avoid caffeine

Caffeine is an addictive stimulant that will screw up your body's ability to regulate itself. You will become irritable, agitated, and potentially an insomniac.

20) Eat small, frequent meals

This will ensure that your body has nutrients when it needs them. By doing this, your metabolism will run at an optimal level, and your energy levels will be consistant throughout the day.

The worse things anyone can do:

1) Smoke
    2) Take illegal Drugs
    3) Eat poorly
    4) Not exercise
    5) Not filter their water
    6) Not check for radon emissions
    7) Become obese
    8) Get overly stressed out

To convince a family member to change their lifestyle:

Show them that you genuinely care first, and then show them some research to prove to them that what they are doing is risky behavior. You caould also refer them to a nutritionist or doctor that would point them in the right direction.

Registered User big game hunter's Avatar
    big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Long Live The Healthy

"He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything." -Arabian Proverb

Most people think that fitness training and exercising are done in order to just look good and there are no more benefits. But one should take note that fitness leads to beauty and this time beauty is not just skin deep. It goes right to the heart and mind. This is why every one of us should make time to fit in a little bit of fitness in our lives on a regular basis. It is a well known fact that exercise can enhance lifestyles and add a few years to our lives. Until science finds a solution to make us immortal and forever healthy, we need to take things into our own hands to help ourselves lead better lives. Let us take a look at the top 20 fitness tips that would benefit us live healthier, longer lives.

Tip 1) Water is the best doctor. Drinking adequate amounts of water each day. A high level of water intake daily can enhance digestion, improve skin condition and help detoxify while improving every aspect of health.

Tip 2) Form an exercise routine that will suit you and your lifestyle. This way, it will be easier for you to stick to the routine for longer durations. Consult physicians and trainers for this purpose and take the guess work out.

Tip 3) Follow proper form while exercising. Using improper form to exercise will in fact put your body and life at risk. Ask for help and clear doubts if needed. Trainers and coaches are always there to help.

Tip 4) Eat clean every day. Do not use your body as a trash can and empty useless and harmful calories into it. If you want your body to look good and feel good, make sure it eats good. Diet forms a major part of fitness. It is in fact considered more important that the actual exercise routine that you follow. The success or failure of your fitness routine could depend on the diet you eat.

Tip 5) Invest in quality supplements to help you achieve optimum results.

Tip 6) Set realistic goals for yourself. Do not set goals based on what others are doing or saying. Determine what you need and where you need to be heading, give yourself enough time and resources to achieve your goals.

Tip 7) Pick a sport. Playing an outdoor or a physical sport once in a while can be fun and at the same time it can provide your body with the exercise it needs. Moreover, when you play the game you love, it is easier to go through with it and not feel burdened by the physical effort you are putting in.

Tip 8) Make sure you have the proper training gear - clothes and equipment for yourself. This can help reduce risk of injury a long way.

Tip 9) Get enough sleep. Try aiming at 8 to 10 hours of sleep based on your activity levels. Some athletes may require more. But as a thumb rule, try getting at least 8 hours of shut eye.

Tip 10) Do not overburden yourself with physical work. If you feel that you have had a hard day and your body is a bit sore, take a day or two off of exercising.

Tip 11) De stress or chill out every now and then by indulging in fun activities like a group outing to the salad bar or a swim or trekking etc.

Tip 12) Do not get lazy in the modern lifestyle. Try incorporating exercising into your life whenever and wherever possible. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk to office/school if you can. Little things like these can make a difference and keep you active all day and add to the feel good factor.

Tip 13) Monitor your body on a regular basis. Measurements and tests can help indicate if you are on a healthy track.

Tip 14) Do not ignore injuries or fail to treat them at the earliest.

Tip 15) Constantly update your knowledge about fitness. "Knowledge is power" and this saying is no joke.

Tip 16) Update your routines and goals as time goes by. You may need to make changes based on a number of variables that affect your life. Routines and goals may need to be changed and making sure that you do, will ensure that your gains is not hampered.

Tip 17) Stay in a clean environment always. Examples include training outdoors in fresh air, staying away from a smoker or having properly ventilated gyms.

Tip 18) Make friends with people who have similar interests as you do.

Tip 19) Do not fail to incorporate warm up and cool down sets into your routine.

Tip 20) Invest in portable training equipment. This should help you when you travel or when you cannot make it to the gym on certain days. This will probably be once in a lifetime investment and is worth every penny spent on it. There are several options to choose from, starting from resistance bands and swiss balls at the lower end of the budget going all the way to fully equipped home gyms at the higher end of the budget.

1) Drugs - "Avoid dangerous drugs". This is quite simple to understand but is not followed. It is evident that the number of people turning to illegal and dangerous drugs is on the rise. Drugs do not provide a way out of problems, but create more problems in the long run. A drug addict can cut his life expectancy dramatically. We are literate and educated human beings and we need to make educated decisions. Staying away from drugs is a smart thing to do.
    2) Ignoring fitness - Fitness can help make our bones and muscles stronger, make us more alert and mentally sharper. On the other hand obese people who do nothing all day but binge on junk are in fact bingeing away at their lives.
    3) Eating junk food - Sure it may taste good, but once inside your body, it can be devastating. Most lack nutritional value and are packed with stuff that increases the risk of health problems in the long run.
    4) Insomnia - lack of sleep does affect you physically and mentally. In today's world, it is easy to be deprived of sufficient sleep. If left untreated, it could lead to stress, tension, slower reaction times, poor judgement, etc.
    5) Not De-stressing - Stress is a part and parcel of our every day lives. Everyone needs to find a way to unwind every now and again when the going gets tough. This has several benefits and makes facing the challenges of life a little easier.

First of all, back yourself up with enough research and proof that you can show these people to prove that a step in the healthier direction can greatly benefit them. Make them realize that it is a form of life insurance and not a waste of time or just a show.

Most people love games and challenges. Explain to your family members or loved ones that incorporating health into their lives can be filled with fun and challenges that they like to indulge in. There are several ways in which one can customize his or her workouts in order to make it personally satisfying.

Most youngsters in the family look up to a sports star or an athlete or an actor as a role model and icon. This is a good way to get youngsters to take up health seriously by following in their role model's footsteps. Explain to the youngster at home that the person they look up to, puts in effort to be healthy, look good and perform well and they will be more than ready to give fitness and health a try.

Keep the motivation levels up at all times and have fun. This does not make health an exercise, it makes it a fun event.

LONG LIVE THE HEALTHY ONE.
    Last edited by big game hunter; 04-07-2009 at 08:51 AM.

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Proper diet and exercise go beyond increasing strength to the extreme or beautifying one's physical appearance. It's also a means to building a longer and healthier life.

Since the dawn of man, people across various cultures have been seeking out ways to live longer, better lives. The myth of the "fountain of youth" has sent explorers scrambling across the globe in hopes of finding this magical object. Little did they know, the secret was right in front of them - proper diet and exercise can have significant effects on your pursuit of a longer, more enjoyable life. Here are some specific tips to keep you in the best shape for as long as possible.

1. Do Your Homework
    Don't jump into an exercise program without knowing what is appropriate for you. Prior injuries, or merely a state of being deconditioned, which is quite common in America, can limit the amount of abuse your body can take. Consult with a trainer or a doctor to figure out what is safe for you to do, as well as what you would like to do. If you just want to stay in shape, you don't have to be lifting six times per week, and if you want to gain muscle, running 10 miles every day probably won't help.

2. Do Something You Enjoy
    Many studies have shown that happier people tend to have longer life expectancies(1). This is great news - you get to love what you're doing and do it even longer! Happiness is contagious, and it will brighten up those around you too. Plus, smiling and laughter release endorphins that will further improve your mental and physical state.

3. Challenge Your Mind While You Challenge Your Body
    Long bouts on the treadmill can be boring, but bringing along a book or a crossword puzzle can do wonders for this. In addition, it will keep your mind active, which reduces the risk of mental deficiencies as you age, improving your quality of life and life expectancy. Playing different sports with strategic aspects will also keep your mind fresh and ready, and learning about the exercise you're doing will help you make the most of it.

4. Be Flexible
    While it may not be the first thing you think of in terms of physical exertion, yoga has an amazing amount of benefits. It will keep your muscles flexible for other activities, and is also an amazing stress reliever and relaxation technique. Being anxious and on edge all the time isn't healthy and can lead to depression or generalized anxiety disorder. Relaxing, on the other hand, boosts mood and reduces blood pressure.

5. Get Enough Sleep
    Exercise can put a lot of stress on your body, especially as you age. Resting gives your muscles time to recover and grow and lets you unwind. Scientists have noted the correlation between proper sleeping patterns and life expectancy - missing sleep "can affect hormone levels and generate harmful chemicals in the body" and take years off of your life(2). So take a load off and your body will thank you.

6. Eat Breakfast
    There really is no better way to start the day than with breakfast - it boosts your metabolism, keeps hunger pangs at bay throughout the day, and can even improve weight loss efforts. Breakfast provides fuel for the rest of the day's activities and is delicious! Eggs are a great way to kick off the day with some high-quality protein and essential fats, and don't forget some oats for fiber and complex carbohydrates.

7. Drink Water
    Food gets a lot of focus in the fitness community, but getting enough water is vital as well. What many people don't realize is that the synovial fluid in between joints contains water, so staying hydrated ensures there is enough fluid to prevent friction in your joints. In addition, water aids digestion, is an essential part of muscle cells, and can flush toxins out of your body.

8. Maintain a Healthy Weight
    Weight management is one reason why many people begin an exercise regimen. But the world of fitness has many different types of activity, from running to weight lifting. It is important that fitness enthusiasts do not lose too much weight, as this can be damaging to the heart; being lithe is good, being scary-skinny is not. On the flip side, obesity causes many issues as while. Even if you have big muscles underneath the fat, being obese can lead to heart problems, diabetes, stroke and musculo-skeletal issues.

9. Eat Enough Protein
    Any bodybuilder will tell you that protein is essential to building muscle. But protein has also been shown to play a large role in losing and maintaining weight as well. Protein has a greater thermic effect than protein or carbohydrates, meaning eating it will boost your metabolism with you barely lifting a finger! Protein also helps in the repair of teeth and hair and the creation of antibodies.

10. Don't Fear Fat
    Dietary fat has been demonized due to misunderstandings and its energy density. While a high-fat diet could lead one to be in a caloric surplus and gain weight, it does not directly CAUSE obesity. In fact, fat has a lot of important roles to play in the body. It helps absorb certain nutrients, assists in the regulation of hormones, builds brain cells, maintains cells and cushions internal organs. While unsaturated fats are often stressed, even saturated fats have their place, helping to boost testosterone.

11. Limit Overly Processed Foods
    This can be difficult to do, but most 'convenience' snacks that are heavily processed don't provide many nutritional benefits. Trans-fat and simple sugars lurk behind words such as "partially hydrogenated vegetable oil" and "high fructose corn syrup." The body of research is foggy on these ingredients, but many studies indicate they are dangerous, and they are most certainly not filling and may leave you craving more sweets. Try to avoid ingredients you can't recognize. Sugarless sweeteners may seem like a good idea, but questions have been raised about their safety, and no long-term studies exist examining their effects.

12. Run For Your Life
    Running isn't just a good way to take your mind off things, it also has significant cardiovascular benefits, including lowering blood pressure and strengthening bones by exposing them to stress. Running also can increase your lung capacity, release endorphins, and improve overall physical fitness. In addition, it can eliminate stress and help in the maintenance of a healthy weight.

13. Maintain a Positive Attitude
    Be proud of your physical accomplishments, and enjoy everyday. Researchers have found that optimistic people had a 50% decreased risk of early death compared with those who leaned more toward pessimism, so keep a smile on your face and don't get down on yourself (4). Try to look on the bright side and maintain a high self esteem. Enjoying exercise will make it more likely to become a habit.

14. Eat Antioxidant-rich Foods
    Exercise has plenty of advantages, but it does have one disadvantage - the activity causes the release of free radicals inside your body, which speed up the aging process in your cells. However, certain fruits and vegetables, such as blueberries, strawberries and beans, are potent sources of antioxidants, which mitigate the harmful effects of free radicals. In addition, fruits and vegetables contain many vital minerals and vitamins.

15. Round out your diet with a Multivitamin
    Your body requires a lot of nutrients to function at its optimum level, even without much exercise. But physical exertion puts more strain on your body, so you'll want to make sure you're getting everything you need. It's unlikely that you'll stumble upon a diet that will provide you with ideal concentrations of all of the required and recommended nutrients, so a multivitamin can fill in the gaps and keep your body in the best condition possible.

16. Buddy Up
    Making exercise into a social event not only makes it more enjoyable, it also has the potential to add years to your life. The famous MacArthur Study of Successful Aging indicated that better health arose from better social connections, while strong friendships boosted immune system performance (3). Whether in person or on the forums, socialization will benefit your life and your fitness goals as you share and learn. I guess that is what friends are for.

17. Save your Skin
    If you're participating in a lot of sports and other athletic activities, you may be spending a lot of time outside. While sunlight is a great source of vitamin D, the continued depletion of the ozone layer means that you're also going to be exposed to a lot of harmful ultraviolet rays. Sun cancer is a very serious concern, so try to apply sunblock when you can. Remember that some sun lotions can be washed away by sweat, so re-apply it when necessary.

18. Get a Pat on the Back
    While it may seem like merely an excessive pampering, getting a massage is actually quite functional. A trained masseuse can ease the physical stress on your muscles as well as the mental stress of a busy schedule. Massages have been shown to boost immune function, lower stress, and instill a deep sense of relaxation.

19. Just Say No to the Yo-Yo
    Going on continuous cycles of bulking and cutting is a popular trend for many in the bodybuilding world, but this isn't exactly the best idea. Drastic variations in weight can be stressful on your body and metabolism. Fluctuating between high and low concentrations of body fat is not a natural state and may have a detrimental effect on your organs.

20. Be Your Own Boss
    One size doesn't fit all in the fitness world. If you have other friends or family members who enjoy being active, that's great! But don't assume that everything they do is for you. Keep your own goals, desires, abilities and limitations in mind so you can prevent injury and unneeded stress.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Part II

Not Exercising
    With so many modern conveniences, life can be a bit too easy and sedentary. This is all the more reason to make sure you stay active. Challenge yourself physically and try to get some sort of exercise for at least half an hour every day. It doesn't have to be a monstrous weight lifting routine - you can start with just a brisk walk after dinner or in the morning. Play with your kids or pets. Exercise does a world of good for your body and mind.

Smoking
    There are countless dangers associated with smoking - cigarettes can double your risk of heart attack, exposes you to dangerous chemicals, damages your lungs, thickens your blood vessels, compromises your athletic performance, wreaks havoc on your teeth and gums, and puts everyone around you in danger - from second-hand smoke and fire risk. Luckily, there are plenty of smoking support groups and smoking-cessation aids to help you reclaim your life.

Chronic Overeating
    In addition to possibly leading to obesity, which is associated with diabetes and other adverse health conditions, overeating can be very taxing on your digestive organs. Many toxins are released when food is broken down, and these toxins can remain in your body, causing "colon disease, candidiasis and of course, obesity, heart disease, and a frightening mess of other digestive and weight problems" (5).

Worrying Too Much
    Everyone likes to feel as though they have things under control, but trying to micromanage everything in your life isn't healthy. If you're not progressing as you'd like to, or weight isn't coming off as quickly as you want, don't worry too much about it. Worrying too much causes undue stress, which leads to high blood pressure, release of cortisol, and alteration of breathing patterns (hyperventilation). None of these conditions are conducive to a long life or athletic prowess, so try to let things slide if you can.

Working Too Much
    This goes for working out as well as working your job; stress can come from either. But you should also consider that the more you work, the less time you spend with your family, and the less rest you are likely getting. These are not healthy habits and detract considerably from your quality of life. Don't get so wrapped up in 'making a living' that you don't have a life.

Drinking Excessively
    While a little bit of alcohol every once in a while may be a nice way to relax, drinking excessively is not a good idea. Being intoxicated leads to a lot of bad things, notably mood swings, violent behavior, "drunk munchies" and loss of coordination. Remember that alcohol is a toxin, and harms your liver, brain and heart. Alcohol also dehydrates your body and has a detrimental effect on testosterone production.

Abusing Drugs
    This should be obvious - most drugs are illegal for a reason. But don't overlook prescription or even over-the-counter medications. Overdosing even on things that would normally be beneficial can have very dangerous effects. In addition, you may not realize that caffeine is technically a drug. Caffeine is a powerful nervous system stimulant, and can become addicting. It may shorten your attention span and lead to mood swings and exhaustion after the initial burst of energy drops off.

Poor Diet
    Whether it's eating too much, not enough, or just the wrong things, a poor diet will compromise any exercise routine. Eating for taste is great, but eating for performance is another concern. Try to make sure you are providing your body with everything it needs with a varied diet, focusing on minimally-processed choices. Nutrient-dense foods are best, and don't skimp on any of the macronutrients - carbohydrates, fat or protein. Food is your fuel; you wouldn't fill your car with garbage, so why would you put it in yourself?

No one likes to be told what to do, and if a person is out of shape, they may be sensitive about it. However, this is when you need to apply some tough love. Be firm, but polite. Let your loved one know that you are looking out for their best interests because they mean a lot to you. If they are very resistant, gather some other friends or relatives to help plead your case.

It can be overwhelming to start, but stress that even baby steps are progress, and you will be there every step of the way to help. Let your loved one know that you are willing to train with them, plan out routines and diets, and motivate them. Present yourself as an ally. Let them know how much fun you have and how good exercise makes you feel. Let them know that it can battle disease and lethargy. Try to lead by example and perhaps they will see that they want to join you.

Remember, don't be demanding or forceful, indicate that this is a way of saying how much you care, and try to make your loved one understand that this is in their best interest. Make sure to make things fun and try to incorporate things they like to do - sports, rollerblading, lifting - into the exercise session. Eventually, they may learn to love it and want to continue.

If all else fails, you may want to seek out a doctor in an extreme case or hold some sort of intervention.

SOURCES:

1. http://health.usnews.com/usnews/heal...ppy.health.htm

2. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2129578.stm

3. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/heal...-live-longer-2

4. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7065794/

4. http://www.skrewtips.com/2007/09/28/...of-filling-up/
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

webhostnews is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Week 196 :: What Top 20 Fitness Tips Will Help You Live Longer?

Strength training. If you believe that strength training is a macho, brawny activity, think again. I appreciate reading some replies. i have got many knowledge and ideas about apple macbook.
    Thank you for sharing.