Thread: Swimming?

NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Swimming?

What are your thoughts about it?
    Any changes you notice?
    Recommend for fun/cardio?

fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000) fiveten is just really nice. (+1000)
    great hiit and easy on the joints!

HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lap swim is money if you have soreness. The distance is great and its intense and low pressur on your body.

Infact the new trend for pitchers in the major leagues is light lap swim to remove lactic from the arm and to also ease the joints.

NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NekromanticBJJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by HomeRunKingAK View Post
    Lap swim is money if you have soreness. The distance is great and its intense and low pressur on your body.

Infact the new trend for pitchers in the major leagues is light lap swim to remove lactic from the arm and to also ease the joints.
    so this would be great for my shoulder joints?

HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe, but im not a professional by any means. And my only experience was for 2 months when I hated running, I did lap swim, 30 laps on a half olympic pool and I like it and it felt like it did better than running, but its time consuming and pricy after a while.

boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxeador7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Swimming is great cardio and low impact. Before I went and broke my neck I ran on the cement got shin splints should have been doing running on the grass.

I like swimming I think its about one of the best forms of cardio and I am planning on learning how to swim again. And doing it as a prime source of cardio after I get back into kickboxing and bjj again after my median nerve is released.

It is pretty popular for jiujitsu guys. I wish I would have swam or at least ran on grass duh, shin splints suck. It was popular with my Brazilian jiujitsu training partners.

I really think it is great.

Originally Posted by boxeador7 View Post
    Swimming is great cardio and low impact. Before I went and broke my neck I ran on the cement got shin splints should have been doing running on the grass.

I like swimming I think its about one of the best forms of cardio and I am planning on learning how to swim again. And doing it as a prime source of cardio after I get back into kickboxing and bjj again after my median nerve is released.

It is pretty popular for jiujitsu guys. I wish I would have swam or at least ran on grass duh, shin splints suck. It was popular with my Brazilian jiujitsu training partners.

I really think it is great.
    swimming or running in the grass? or both
    running in the grass seems to make great sense, now trying to think where theres a large area i can run ._.

Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diskd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    swimming is prob the best full body cardio activity you can do...the only problem is succeeding at it - which can be difficult for someone with no competitive backround in it where you learned proper form to do it effectively...

look up some training vids, buy a decent pair of googles and suit (jammer, drag suit, speedo, etc)

i used to compete both in swimming (short to mid distance) and running (long distance) and i tend to stay away from running now just because of the damage it did to my joints even at my age, especially in my knees

grass running helps, or a nice rubberized track if you dont mind running in ovals =)
    MSU Spartans!

Progress video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5tlCObP0g