Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50)

L-Carnitine vs. fat burners

Recommendations, experiences, links...anything and everything would be appreciated.
    I am at 82 kilos and have a bit of stomach fat I would love to see the back of in time for summer, I have been bulking up a bit and am reasonably happy with my results.
    Thanks in advance.
    Where there's a will there's a way

Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100)
    go shake your weewee

Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Solid diet + intense training...

fat burners are a waste of hard earned money...
    Ayrton Senna R.I.P > The greatest ever.

*Cigar Crew*
    *Scotch Crew*
    *Piss in the shower crew*
    *Take dumps and mush it down the drain in the shower crew*
    *Squirt spa jets up my anus crew*

"If I was told to gut my children in order to prove my love for God or at least admire the man who did, I'd say no F*CK YOU." - Christopher Hitchens

j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10) j0sh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    don't most fat burners contain L-Carnitine anyway..

Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andystm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Grimbeard View Post
    go shake your weewee
    in your mouth? no thanks.
    Where there's a will there's a way

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Skip the carnitine. Most people seem to have misconceptions about Carnitine being a "fat burner". Carnitine is already present in your body - it's what helps shuttle freed fatty acids across the mitochondria for oxidation.

But it's rather ineffective by itself and oral bioavailability of it is poor especially when not used in efficacious amounts and dosed properly. I would pass on it unless you are really busting your hump.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Skip the carnitine. Most people seem to have misconceptions about Carnitine being a "fat burner". Carnitine is already present in your body - it's what helps shuttle freed fatty acids across the mitochondria for oxidation.

But it's rather ineffective by itself and oral bioavailability of it is poor especially when not used in efficacious amounts and dosed properly. I would pass on it unless you are really busting your hump.
    How much L-Carnitine is effictive?

Grams per day.

jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    L-Carnitine is not worth your money. Neither are fat burners, most of them are green tea and caffeine based with a bunch of other random stuff thrown in

Train hard, have a clean diet, and bust your ass and results will come bro.
    Transformation of the Week

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/teen_transformation_jake_vaughan.htm

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could say that 95% of supplements are a complete waste of money, yet we still toss billions of dollars into the companies each year.

Some fat burners actually are more then just your basic green tea stack. If you read what each thing does, some can actually help. Remember that any sort of stimulant will make up about 10-15% of the complete puzzle. Diet will create the biggest numbers for fat lose, while a solid routine in the gym will help keep your metabolism in high gear. It will also help create muscle, which burns more calories then fat.

Personally I like the energy boost and sometimes the mental focus you get from certain fat burners... do I expect amazing results? No. I just like what they do to me.

To each their own. What might work amazing for one person might not work at all for another. Supplementation is an expensive thing. Trying things to see if they work or not can create a huge hole in your wallet.

The best advice is research. Try and read about each ingredient, figure what they do and see if they can help you. Just because someone says it doesn't work, doesn't mean it won't for you.

FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Carnitine is effective at 3grams a day about one hour after you eat where you are digested and not going to eat for another hour or so, Jarrows Formulas makes a liquid 1000mg lemon-lime flavor at tbsp, taste good and is effective if you bust your ass in the gym, it show better results than not taken it. It works for me and i tried it with my mother and she was happy to, so try it cheap, not bad tasting what can you lose

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FAE.GMP View Post
    Carnitine is effective at 3grams a day about one hour after you eat where you are digested and not going to eat for another hour or so, Jarrows Formulas makes a liquid 1000mg lemon-lime flavor at tbsp, taste good and is effective if you bust your ass in the gym, it show better results than not taken it. It works for me and i tried it with my mother and she was happy to, so try it cheap, not bad tasting what can you lose
    This is terrible advice. Do you know that the oral bioavailabilty of carnitine is 5% ??? You are suffereing from strong placebo effects brosefski.

Carnitine is an absolute waste.

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    This is terrible advice. Do you know that the oral bioavailabilty of carnitine is 5% ??? You are suffereing from strong placebo effects brosefski.

Carnitine is an absolute waste.
    And we should just accept your saying too? As I stated above, every supplement works differently for another person. If you can't accept that, then I think you're just mistaken.

Perhaps he is doing great from it? Maybe it is a placebo effect... look at all the billions of types of creatine. Some say monohydrate is hands down the best, others say different. Some people get bloated, others don't.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Accept this please. Also you come in here waving around like a man on fire with absolutely no proof, links or anything of the sort to back up your wild claims. Show proof or it never happened.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Djin View Post
    And we should just accept your saying too? As I stated above, every supplement works differently for another person. If you can't accept that, then I think you're just mistaken.

Perhaps he is doing great from it? Maybe it is a placebo effect... look at all the billions of types of creatine. Some say monohydrate is hands down the best, others say different. Some people get bloated, others don't.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Accept this please. Also you come in here waving around like a man on fire with absolutely no proof, links or anything of the sort to back up your wild claims. Show proof or it never happened.
    Oral bioavailability is dose dependant and is low - between 5-18% - in comparison to IV. Dietary sources have a much higher bioavailability than supplemental. Taking it properly could alter the oral numbers and subsequent retention.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12908852
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15591001
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Oral bioavailability is dose dependant and is low - between 5-18% - in comparison to IV. Dietary sources have a much higher bioavailability than supplemental. Taking it properly could alter the oral numbers and subsequent retention.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12908852
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15591001
    Thank you for that, it was a good read. Interesting though. I still believe that L-carnitine could benefit.

FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Everbody's body is different and supplements do work different for everyone as Djin has said already, how ever three grams for me and my mother has work great maybe even under your dumb ass thinking that a percentage of that being what ever it is, is enough to have an effect, there for being that 3000mg of carnitine broke down by 5% is still 150mg and that might be enough to turn some fat into energy to help our weight loss goals, so lets agree that your an ******* and don't know ****, and let people try different stuff to find out for themselves if it works for their body.

jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everbody's body is different and supplements do work different for everyone as Djin has said already, how ever three grams for me and my mother has work great maybe even under your dumb ass thinking that a percentage of that being what ever it is, is enough to have an effect, there for being that 3000mg of carnitine broke down by 5% is still 150mg and that might be enough to turn some fat into energy to help our weight loss goals, so lets agree that your an ******* and don't know ****, and let people try different stuff to find out for themselves if it works for their body.
    There are other things proven more effective than L-Carnitine

Originally Posted by jvaughan08 View Post
    As in...? Please, if you're going to keep us hanging in suspence, let us know what is on your mind.

tell us something we don't know, An EC stack, 100grams fiber, thyroid boosters, fat/carb blockers , efa's to name a few, but the fact is the more ways you attack fat, the better off you'll be

tell us something we don't know, An EC stack, 100grams fiber, thyroid boosters, fat/carb blockers , efa's to name a few, but the fact is the more ways you attack fat, the better off you'll be
    As in...? Please, if you're going to keep us hanging in suspence, let us know what is on your mind.

Well for starters, if you have a good diet and bust your ass, you don't need to supplement L-carnitine, it's benefits are minimal at best.

Well fat blockers and carb blockers typically are not effective as advertised neither

why would you want to supplement 100 grams of fiber to burn fat?

Try adding things to your diet like green tea, which is scientifically proven to boost your metabolism.

Well for starters, if you have a good diet and bust your ass, you don't need to supplement L-carnitine, it's benefits are minimal at best.

Well fat blockers and carb blockers typically are not effective as advertised neither

why would you want to supplement 100 grams of fiber to burn fat?

Try adding things to your diet like green tea, which is scientifically proven to boost your metabolism.
    You can have the best diet, the hardest of hardcore routines, but you can still get good results with the help of a thermogenic. Most people think they are crap, but they actually DO help. Yes they only create a small percent of help, but an extra 100 calories or so a day burned? I'll take that.

Or if they make me feel better, more focused and helps with cravings, I'll take that too! Yes I will admit some are just randomly inserted things, but today more and more people are understanding their supplements, understanding how to research, so the supplement companies are actually TRYING to do well.

You'll still see the majority with green tea, white willow (asprin), etc etc, but isn't it up to us (the consumer) to actually do research? I mean, we wouldn't go out and buy a car without reading about it, would we? Unless this is my approach, I'm really adamant about what I put in my body.

To each their own I suppose.

Registered User BecomeLegendary's Avatar
    BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys, I agree fat burners are a waste of time, but I do think that green tea and L-carnitine together are a pretty good stack. Check this out though, go to ebay.com and search for green tea. Buy the green tea that comes straight from the Japs themselves. It has ten times as potent as any of the ****ty grade green tea you will find over here. It is is powder form, tastes like ****, and it the real deal. It is also cheap as hell. I might have paid 15-20 dollars for a bag of it , I use two one gram servings a day and the bag isnt even half gone and it has been half a year. Seriously, save some money and check this out. Its a deal, just trying to help.
    "Everybody pities the weak, jealousy-- you have to earn." --Arnold Schwarzenegger

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know what fat burners are made of but as far as I know, there have been medical studies on the effectivity of L-carnitine and Green Tea on digestion and fat burning in the body.

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jill75 View Post
    I dont know what fat burners are made of but as far as I know, there have been medical studies on the effectivity of L-carnitine and Green Tea on digestion and fat burning in the body.

Gotta love the arm chair interpreters like youself who wouldn't know how to interpret a study if their life depended on it.

UNFORTUNATELY, the results have shown NO benefit in body composition or the extrapolations of the results by people like you are INAPPLICABLE to the population and conditions at hand.

Sometimes, people should not say anything if what they say ain't right.

Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    Gotta love the arm chair interpreters like youself who wouldn't know how to interpret a study if their life depended on it.

UNFORTUNATELY, the results have shown NO benefit in body composition or the extrapolations of the results by people like you are INAPPLICABLE to the population and conditions at hand.

Sometimes, people should not say anything if what they say ain't right.
    Hmmm. Interesting how caffeine, green tea and a lot of other things that are in thermogenics DO work. It's funny to hear so many people say "It's a waste of time!"... NO ****!

There's no magical pill that will make you lose weight. BUT, like I said about 25 times, thermogenics do HELP. No they won't make you super rip, but if your diet's in check, your routine solid, you can easily break through a plateu with these.

What do you think EC? That's bull**** right? I mean, it's a fat burner, and ALL fat burners are garbage... LIKE OH MY GOD!

Everyone has there opinion on what they would prefer to use or do to burn fat, lets agree on that and stop bickering like high school girls, and the reason for added high amounts of fiber to your diet is to offset the carbs you eat to where you can trick your body into a keto diet , plus it helps with the 300grams of protein most of us eat per day , its been a while since i actually studied nutrition but if i remember right, every gr fiber reduces equal carbs so if you keep your carbs moderatly low to begin with it helps be time.

I don't know if everyone here has been ripped to shreds before, but i'm going to asume the guys who give advice have been, and i'm sure we have all done it in at least a slightly different way

Hmmm. Interesting how caffeine, green tea and a lot of other things that are in thermogenics DO work. It's funny to hear so many people say "It's a waste of time!"... NO ****!

There's no magical pill that will make you lose weight. BUT, like I said about 25 times, thermogenics do HELP. No they won't make you super rip, but if your diet's in check, your routine solid, you can easily break through a plateu with these.

What do you think EC? That's bull**** right? I mean, it's a fat burner, and ALL fat burners are garbage... LIKE OH MY GOD!
    Lol, alot of things? You named two.......thermogenics are made up many things, like yohimbine which is not the safest thing you can put into your body.

the benefits do not even come close to outweighing the cost.

tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Each to their own I guess, but I use a fat burner just because it gives me energy to push myself and lift heavy. Lifting hearvy and diet are 90% of weight loss. Supps are only 10% of the puzzle.
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhh budaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Olympic Lifter.

86 kgs at Aug 13...
    61 kgs at May 14
    62 kgs at Sept 14

25 kgs of fat lost. Now time to GROW!