Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User LatinoMusculito's Avatar
    LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by christof1 View Post
    ok, im on a cut. need to lose 8 pounds
    *bro-science warning*

If you are on a cut, a high amount of protein will serve you well. Just because the body does not 'use' all that protein to build and maintain muscle, but in terms of cutting, the protein will keep your body burning energy just to process it. It keeps your metabolism up. That is why you cannot starve your way to low BF% and ever actually look good. You gotta eat a lot to keep your body burnin', and since protein is low in calories, you can eat alot of it and not eat excess in calories for your cut. If you get extra protein in there, it serves to keep it burnin' fat. I believe that the natural body processes are considered aerobic, thus use fat as the primary energy source to carry out the processes such as digestion and masturbation.

I don't buy into having to eat 300 grams of protein to build muscle. Eating a ****load of carbs will get you there. But in terms of a cut, yes, a lot of protein is good to keep your body burning the fat away.

christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) christof1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LatinoMusculito View Post
    *bro-science warning*

If you are on a cut, a high amount of protein will serve you well. Just because the body does not 'use' all that protein to build and maintain muscle, but in terms of cutting, the protein will keep your body burning energy just to process it. It keeps your metabolism up. That is why you cannot starve your way to low BF% and ever actually look good. You gotta eat a lot to keep your body burnin', and since protein is low in calories, you can eat alot of it and not eat excess in calories for your cut. If you get extra protein in there, it serves to keep it burnin' fat. I believe that the natural body processes are considered aerobic, thus use fat as the primary energy source to carry out the processes such as digestion and masturbation.

I don't buy into having to eat 300 grams of protein to build muscle. Eating a ****load of carbs will get you there. But in terms of a cut, yes, a lot of protein is good to keep your body burning the fat away.

okay thank you, ill remember that

PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FLEX_09 View Post
    If i was you i would make sure i get 160-200g of protein at your bodyweight just to make sure.
    I learned it in my nutrtition class, as well as hearing in a dozen other places. Search and you will find.
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PaytonsBears View Post
    I learned it in my nutrtition class, as well as hearing in a dozen other places. Search and you will find.
    Well sounds like you have been lied to....

So your telling me if i eat 100g worth of chicken every meal and still stay at a deficit im bound to put fat on??? Are u fukin kidding me kid?
    ***Roelly Winklaar, Dave Henry & Brandon Curry Fan Club!***

LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know im just being a smart ass.
    Whoops. My bad

DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no i mean how much protein can your body absorb in one meal(the healthy way?)
    The absorption rate and amount has not yet been determined (science wise). Lots of "theories" out there. This is something that will probably come out in a few years or so. I believe Lane Norton has been working on this in his studies.
    [][][]----TEAM EPIC----[][][]

PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaytonsBears has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well sounds like you have been lied to....

So your telling me if i eat 100g worth of chicken every meal and still stay at a deficit im bound to put fat on??? Are u fukin kidding me kid?
    relax big man. u mad?

amino acids from protein flow into the body's protein stores. Excess is converted into fats and sugars. You are creating a whole other argument bringing in caloric deficit into the equation. No matter what you eat, if you are at a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.
    Last edited by PaytonsBears; 04-02-2009 at 08:23 PM.
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLEX_09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PaytonsBears View Post
    relax big man. u mad?
    LOL

Sorry for that last reply it wasnt suppose to sound so angry. But yeah bit dissapointed schools are telling kids the wrong information.
    ***Roelly Winklaar, Dave Henry & Brandon Curry Fan Club!***

Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bob.Loblaw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so why is it so important to have as much protein as your body weight when you dont even use it all to get lean or build muscle?

ding ding! You just discovered broscience!

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DBcrusher View Post
    The absorption rate and amount has not yet been determined (science wise). Lots of "theories" out there. This is something that will probably come out in a few years or so. I believe Lane Norton has been working on this in his studies.
    And it will never be determined because there is NO set rate. Digestion varies for every single person out there, whom lead different lives with different activity levels, with different body types.

Some guys can only handle small amounts, whilst other can handle and make use of larger amounts. Regardless, if you stick at something and gradually increases portion sizes and calories, the body does adjust to it over time. It adapts.

I, for example, can benefit off eating 80-100g of protein per meal from meat in my said meals. There's no rule. You find what works for you and your goal and your training age/level, and do it. If something's not right, you modify. Rinse repeat.

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LatinoMusculito View Post
    *bro-science warning*

If you know it's broscience...why you postin' in brah?

Yes there is a greater TE from digesting protein than from digesting something such as an oil. Is it something that is going to make or break your cut? no.
    I want to touch the butt.