Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Cardio useless???

so my cut is going great, best progress i have ever had. been doing 30min of cardio (6mph on treadmill) immediately post-workout and 45min on my cardio+abs day. i saw a reference on here about cardio becoming "useless" because your body adapts to it? any truth to this?
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    so my cut is going great, best progress i have ever had. been doing 30min of cardio (6mph on treadmill) immediately post-workout and 45min on my cardio+abs day. i saw a reference on here about cardio becoming "useless" because your body adapts to it? any truth to this?
    i wouldn't say useless. but your body can definitly get used to the same type of cardio and thus make it less effective. the human body is very adaptive, and keeping things dynamic is how you bust through plateus. changing it up every once in a while and challenging your body with a new motion helps prevent this.
    Rep Back 1k+ ....just sayin

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    You're still burning calories. You become more efficient but not to the extent where you're not burning anything. There's been too much of a cardio backlash and hiit bandwagon deal the last decade or so. Cardio is good, just don't be retarded about it (which you don't seem to be).

darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depends on what kind of cardio you are referring to as well as how your training protocol looks like. Keep in mind you could be doing cardio while weight training, the two don't need to happen separately, at different time but can be incorporate into one training session. And I am not talking about using cardio machines while resting between sets of weight lifting. Many different ways of doing it.

For myself yes cardio is useless and I haven't done it in over a year; from what I hear I am not missing out much (talking about sitting on a bike or watching TV on a treadmill kinda cardio). From time to time I will run stairs, do some sprints, and in the summer I mountain bike.

It all comes down to your OVERALL program design and diet.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

Commit to be fit. ~Unknown

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Except for the fact that it will help you live longer...

Seriously, cardio has many, many more benefits than just helping people lose fat. I'd eliminate lifting long before I'd eliminate cardio if I had to choose.

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for fat loss, cardio is not necessary.

but you dont want to be shredded and then not be able to run 1 mile. you know?

plenty of other benefits to cardio besides fat loss. most importantly healthy cardiovascular/pulmonary system!
    - Rep "super stupid jeans" pics on sight

dragoncd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good question, I too wonder this based on different articles I have read in the last year or so.

I started out running as much as I could for 10 minutes, and have now built up to running 15 miles a week or so at the 6.5 mpg or higher. I try to mix things up and do "fast" days where I only run 3 miles but try and turn them under 8 mins, and "long" days where I run 4-5 at a slower pace.

That gives you a sense of where I am at right now, but I wonder if now that I can run 3 miles without really a lot of effort at 6.0; does that mean I am burning fewer calories than I used to burn when it really was painful to run for more than 5 minutes? Calories are relative to work which is relative to force and distance/displacement.

So, maybe my body does the same amount of work, but it is more efficient at that work now and therefore burns fewer calories for the same amount of work?

Either way I hit a wall about 3-4 months into running, so I have been switching it up and putting in a day or cross training as well as running outside and adding some sprints into the mix.

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    thanks for the replies guys! i switch it up between moderate intensity steady state and higher intensity interval, and once in awhile some sprints or biking. im pretty sure this will keep my body guessing.
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cardio helps me psychologically

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rainieravesouth View Post
    for fat loss, cardio is not necessary.

but you dont want to be shredded and then not be able to run 1 mile. you know?

plenty of other benefits to cardio besides fat loss. most importantly healthy cardiovascular/pulmonary system!
    There seems to be some contradiction in these statements. When all are saying that you need to do a lot of cardio to lose fat, why then do you say that for fat loss cardio is not necessary? Then how the heck will you lose fat if not do even a bit of cardio a day? I know that weight training can lose some fat but not lose it faster than doing cardio. As far as i know also, cardio brings more oxygen to the body which is needed to burn the fat. Also, there have been studies that even 20 min cardio a day lengthens your life for another 10 years!

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..

badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badger-rampage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jill75 View Post
    There seems to be some contradiction in these statements. When all are saying that you need to do a lot of cardio to lose fat, why then do you say that for fat loss cardio is not necessary? Then how the heck will you lose fat if not do even a bit of cardio a day? I know that weight training can lose some fat but not lose it faster than doing cardio. As far as i know also, cardio brings more oxygen to the body which is needed to burn the fat. Also, there have been studies that even 20 min cardio a day lengthens your life for another 10 years!

keto can rip you if i'm not mistaken

denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jill75 View Post

Uhh... No... Fail. You don't NEED cardio to lose weight. Most of it is in the diet. Cardio helps. Weight training provides for more sustaining fat loss, as muscle is much more adept at burning fat. But yes. It is true when they say cardio isn't necessary to lose weight

epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000) epl2000 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Cardio causes cancer