Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's also 6 grams of starches in that banana. The more ripe the banana, the more of that starch that is converted to glucose. Anyways, your body can break the starch down into glucose itself.

The sucrose is half glucose.

Total carbs - fiber - 1/2 sucrose - fructose = 27-3-1.5-6 = 27-11 = 16g carbs left.

However, we all agree (I think) that more than 16 g carbs is neccessary.
    Last edited by terracotta; 04-01-2009 at 06:49 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    5 grams is fructose. So the remainer of the digestible carbs [minus the fructose in the sucrose] can replenish muscle glycogen. Is that really hard to understand?
    thats what i mean your repeating what i am saying. i never said it not a nutritious food. but in order to fully replenish your muscles after a workout you need more than what a banana will give u. assuming you actually work out hard.
    BB.Com Male Transformation of the Week Winner
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/male-transformation-sergio-villasenor.htm

Football Players Log: Because I want it Forever
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=399320431#post399320431

Personal Blog: http://importedgoods2010.blogspot.com/

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why does everyone think that human metabolic processes are a one way street? Energy stores are fluid/dynamic in the human body. What do you think would happen if fructose was your only source of carbohydrates? Do you think that you would completely and permanently deplete glycogen in skeletal muscle?
    No sir, I don't like it.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by svillasenor View Post
    so much broscience and brologic in this damn thread its pathetic. can someone please inform the man that your muscles can not convert fructose (sugar from fruits) into glycogen for energy use. So while a banana is nutritious, it will only supply glycogen for your liver and not your muscles.
    False.

WOOOOOOWWWWWW 5gs. Are you serious. Come on now. That wouldnt even replenish one forearm muscle.
    False.

thats what i mean your repeating what i am saying. i never said it not a nutritious food. but in order to fully replenish your muscles after a workout you need more than what a banana will give u. assuming you actually work out hard.
    False. Correcting your misinformation.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Registered User Definitelynotme's Avatar
    Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

me

i have a banana after every workout
    If your parents didn't have children, chances are you won't either.

svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    False.

False.

False. Correcting your misinformation.
    Okay, I clearly do not know what I am talking about then. See it that I am graduating with a nutrition degree, already got into graduate school for it, and if you look at my progress pictures clearly gaining 60 pounds in one school semester has not validity to what I know. Right on brosky right on.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay, I clearly do not know what I am talking about then. See it that I am graduating with a nutrition degree, already got into graduate school for it, and if you look at my progress pictures clearly gaining 60 pounds in one school semester has not validity to what I know. Right on brosky right on.
    He's right. You're wrong.

And if you want to compare education and degrees, I'm game.
    No sir, I don't like it.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you mean to tell me that zero of the carbs in a banana will replenish muscle glycogen? The education system has failed you then.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

So you mean to tell me that zero of the carbs in a banana will replenish muscle glycogen? The education system has failed you then.
    i didnt say that. you are correct in that i may have stated it wrong. But only about 10 to 12g depending size of the fruit will go to muscles. And Yes, it is nutritious. All i am saying is that you need more than just one. is that clearer?

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont eat regular bananas after a workout anymore, frozen bananas are WAY better.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Definitelynotme View Post
    i have a banana after every workout
    ditto.
    Consistency is key.

the Hsp70 of BB.com TheWaffleIron's Avatar
    TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mingo3403 View Post
    I think if your gonna spike your insulin anytime throughout the day, post workout would be best
    Any mixed meal will illicit an insulin response. Certain amino and fatty acids can augment insulin levels.

Originally Posted by Vietgoboi View Post
    You want that actually, after a heavy workout, your glycogen store are depleted and muscle needs quick supply of refills from carbs.
    A 1 - 2 hour weight training workout, in a fed state, is not going to deplete glycogen. Rapid glycogen replenishment is not necessary.

Originally Posted by drsushiman View Post
    sucrose is not ideal after a work out, but some sugars such as the one is Jam, I forgot what its called can be good post workout
    In a trial by Casey, et al., there was no significant difference in muscle glycogen synthesis following glucose versus sucrose ingestion.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=23

Originally Posted by StandStrong View Post
    As long as you get into carbs and protein, you will be fine. I just do not reccomend taking in any fats after a workout. Some guys taking slow digesting carsb and some (like me) take in fast-digesting. I use 60gm WAXIMAIZE and 20 gm whey protein right after a workout and then 1 cup of oats and 20 gm whey 20 min later then 2 cups brown rice and 4 oz. chicken 1.5 hours later. This seems to work great for me. good luck
    Dietary fat ingestion post-workout has a negligible effect on both muscle protein synthesis and glycogen re-synthesis

i didnt say that. you are correct in that i may have stated it wrong. But only about 10 to 12g depending size of the fruit will go to muscles. And Yes, it is nutritious. All i am saying is that you need more than just one. is that clearer?
    This was your original statement...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=46

so much broscience and brologic in this damn thread its pathetic. can someone please inform the man that your muscles can not convert fructose (sugar from fruits) into glycogen for energy use. So while a banana is nutritious, it will only supply glycogen for your liver and not your muscles.
    Originally, you stated that bananas will only re-fill liver glycogen. This is false, as in10city noted.

Obfuscate much?
    Last edited by TheWaffleIron; 04-01-2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Nutrition and Supp Science FAQ:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139153843&p=849049173&viewfull=1#post849049173

LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AFXC1 View Post
    banana(fructose)+milk(lactose)+whey protein= Perfect mixture of sloow/fast digesting, insulin spiking nutrients!
    So after this shake, how long do you wait to eat again? I had heard that after your post workout shake, you can/should eat again relatively quickly...1 hr? Or does the addition of the of the milk(slow digesting) eliminate the need to eat again ryt away?

LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LSM777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So whats your post workout suggestion then? Someone suggested milk/banana/whey which seems to make sense? Please advise..TIA

Lou

Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I eat the banana after I am done working out to spike my insulin levels, then I eat more food soon after yes?????

Is that what you guys are saying? Because this thread makes my head spin.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LSM777 View Post
    So after this shake, how long do you wait to eat again? I had heard that after your post workout shake, you can/should eat again relatively quickly...1 hr? Or does the addition of the of the milk(slow digesting) eliminate the need to eat again ryt away?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=36

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Derk4397 View Post
    I heard they are not right to eat after a workout because they have sugar in them and your insulin levels are spiked at that time. Is this right?
    Okay - this is the deal about simple sugars and PWO.

PWO, you need fast-acting carbs. Now, simple sugars (bananas, apples, oranges, etc.) I very high in FRUCTOSE, which is the sugar produced by the plant (obviously). The thing with fructose, is that it refuels the liver - NOT the muscles. To optimize muscle growth after a workout, it's best to eat fat-delivering carbs with the highest GI possible, which would be carrot juice, grape juice, rye bread, dextrose, maltose, white rice, white bread, etc.

On the GI table, a banana is barely close to 50. (70 being the point where the food is considered "high GI") I used to be a banana-post-workout, but it's been known that fructose is something that isn't the best to be consumed PWO, because it does very little for your muscles. A banana is okay to have in ADDITION to other carbs PWO, but it should not be your main source of carbohydrates after a long training session.

Btw, in answer to your original question, you DO want the insulin spike post-workout. This is what causes muscle growth...duh. The only time you don't want a major insulin spike is throughout the rest of the day, which is why you consume slow-digesting carbs such as quinoa, oats, brown rice, etc.
    ^_^

TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    PWO, you need fast-acting carbs.
    No. Unless the trainee is working to complete glycogen depletion an overnight fasted state, there is no need for "fast-digesting" carbohydrates.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=41

Now, simple sugars (bananas, apples, oranges, etc.) I very high in FRUCTOSE, which is the sugar produced by the plant (obviously). The thing with fructose, is that it refuels the liver - NOT the muscles.
    Not all of the fruit in sugars is fructose - there's additional glucose and sucrose (albeit, in small amounts), as well.

Fructose is mainly absorbed through liver.

To optimize muscle growth after a workout, it's best to eat fast-delivering carbs with the highest GI possible, which would be carrot juice, grape juice, rye bread, dextrose, maltose, white rice, white bread, etc.
    No. Again, a 1 - 2 hour weight training workout is not going to deplete glycogen, thus rapid glycogen replenishment is not an issue.

On the GI table, a banana is barely close to 50. (70 being the point where the food is considered "high GI") I used to be a banana-post-workout, but it's been known that fructose is something that isn't the best to be consumed PWO, because it does very little for your muscles.
    The glycemic index is tested on unmixed foods, in an overnight fasted state. The conditions are hardly relevant to the manner in which foods are typically consumed.

Btw, in answer to your original question, you DO want the insulin spike post-workout. This is what causes muscle growth...duh.
    The effects of insulin on muscle protein synthesis are maximized at slightly above normal levels. A massive insulin "spike" is not going to further augment protein synthesis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum

Branched-chain amino acids as fuels and anabolic signals in human muscle.

Rennie MJ, Boh? J, Smith K, Wackerhage H, Greenhaff P.

Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 3FX, UK. michael.rennie@nottingham.ac.uk

During exercise, there is an increase in amino acid (AA) oxidation accompanied by a depression in whole-body protein synthesis and an increase in protein breakdown. Leucine oxidation increases in proportion to energy expenditure, but the total contribution of BCAA to fuel provision during exercise is minor and insufficient to increase dietary protein requirements. When investigating the effects of AA on the control of muscle protein synthesis (MPS), we showed that increased availability of mixed AAs caused a rise in human MPS to about the same extent as complete meals. Leucine alone (and to some extent other essential, but not nonessential, AAs) can stimulate MPS for a short period, suggesting that leucine acts as a signal as well as a substrate. MPS stimulation by infused AAs shows tachyphylaxis, returning to basal rates after 2 h, possibly explaining why chronically elevated leucine delivery does not elevate MPS clinically. Increased availability of essential amino acids (EAAs) results in dose-related responses of MPS, but, in elderly subjects, there is blunted sensitivity and responsiveness associated with decreased total RNA and mRNA for signaling proteins and signaling activity. Increases of MPS due to EAAs are associated with elevation of signaling activity in the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)/p70 ribo****l subunit S6 kinase eukaryotic initiation factor 4 binding protein 1 pathway, without requiring rises of plasma insulin availability above 10 microU/mL. However, at insulin of <5 microU/mL, AAs appear to stimulate MPS without increasing mTOR signaling. Further increasing availability of insulin to postprandial values increases signaling activity, but has no further effect on MPS.
    The only time you don't want a major insulin spike is throughout the rest of the day, which is why you consume slow-digesting carbs such as quinoa, oats, brown rice, etc.
    A mixed meal (including any type of carbohydrate) will illicit an insulin response.

Also, certain amino and fatty acids can augment insulin levels.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139153843&p=849049173&viewfull=1#post849049173

Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheWaffleIron View Post

A mixed meal (including any type of carbohydrate) will illicit an insulin response.

Also, certain amino and fatty acids can augment insulin levels.
    Of any quantity? Or does it take a certain amount to start the process?

Ego Enhancement Advisor sladerwilson's Avatar
    sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To the OP:

The answer to your question is a big fat NO!

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I heard they are not right to eat after a workout because they have sugar in them and your insulin levels are spiked at that time. Is this right?
    Are you serious?

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrit...duce-10170.htm

perfect as the carb source on a cut or bulk

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IanR1205 View Post
    The only time it is bad to eat a banana is right after someone with a gun threatens to shoot you if you eat a banana.
    I lol'd.....because it's true.

edit : unless you're having kidney problems and need to watch the potassium intake.

1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They are great to eat after workout and go great with chocolate protien shakes
    I always Rep back ! ! !

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No. Again, a 1 - 2 hour weight training workout is not going to deplete glycogen, thus rapid glycogen replenishment is not an issue
    It will partially deplete gylcogen stores. It will typically not deplete glycogen completely.

If you truly believe a big 1-2hr workout doesn't do anything to glycogen, then you must train like a little baby girl. Seeing as though we're on a bodybuilding site, most people train pretty hard during their workouts and want better than a "that'll do" attitude and thus more than those type of results. They want the best they can possibly achieve.

Now when bodybuilders train day in day out, weights, cardio, everything, they need to keep their energy up at all times to the best of their ability. After they beat the **** out of themselves one day, they have to back up and do it all over again the next day with equal or higher intensity for another muscle group etc.

If one's glycogen isn't that full, many will struggle to perform at their best level. Thus why many guys use sugar intra and post-workout, on top of their already high complex carb intake. It's to restore and replenish those partially depleted glycogen stores, to a higher point. The point is to avoid completely depleted glycogen ever occuring. It's like driving a car. You don't get petrol when you run out and are stranded on the side of the road, you get petrol when you see you're tank almost empty and "refill" so to speak etc.

Anywho, Fitlover was correct for the most part. Well said.

As for the topic of bananas, i personally don't eat them after training. I just have my whey and that's it, then carbs in my food meal at home 1hr later. A lot of old school bodybuilders used to loveee their bananas after training though. You'd see em do that sort of thing all the time. There's nothing wrong with bananas with your shake for instance. The potassium it provides is important also obviously.

I sometimes use a Gatorade or a BCAA drink with sugar on like a leg day or something when i feel like ****, but i'm fine without it generally. I use a glucose product called Glucodin sparingly, but not consistently.
    Last edited by Simmo0508; 08-05-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    If you truly believe a big 1-2hr workout doesn't do anything to glycogen, then you must train like a little baby girl.
    Thank you for again unnecessarily taking a shot at my credibility under the false assumption that I don't lift. This is the second time you've done this, at least.

That said, this was my original quote,

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=72

A 1 - 2 hour weight training workout, in a fed state, is not going to deplete glycogen. Rapid glycogen replenishment is not necessary.
    and

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=78

No. Again, a 1 - 2 hour weight training workout is not going to deplete glycogen, thus rapid glycogen replenishment is not an issue.
    I clearly stated that glycogen would not be "depleted" - or completely exhausted - in fed state.

I never stated that weight training would have no effect on glycogen levels. It does, just not to the effect that would require "fast-digesting" carbohydrates to rapidly replenish tissue glycogen stores.

Seeing as though we're on a bodybuilding site, most people train pretty hard during their workouts and want better than a "that'll do" attitude and thus more than those type of results. They want the best they can possibly achieve.
    And consuming slower digesting carbohydrates is going to yield inferior "gainz?"

Now when bodybuilders train day in day out, weights, cardio, everything, they need to keep their energy up at all times to the best of their ability. After they beat the **** out of themselves one day, they have to back up and do it all over again the next day with equal or higher intensity for another muscle group etc.
    Any source of carbohydrates will suffice.

If one's glycogen isn't that full, many will struggle to perform at their best level. Thus why many guys use sugar intra and post-workout, on top of their already high complex carb intake. It's to restore and replenish those partially depleted glycogen stores, to a higher point.
    "Slower-digesting," complex carbohydrates can replenish glycogen, as well.

The point is to avoid completely depleted glycogen ever occuring. It's like driving a car. You don't get petrol when you run out and are stranded on the side of the road, you get petrol when you see you're tank almost empty and "refill" so to speak etc.
    For the third time (at least), a 1 - 2 hour weight training workout, in a fed state, is not going to completely deplete muscle glycogen.

Anywho, Fitlover was correct for the most part. Well said.
    No, she wasn't.

Eats carbs before bed 141455675's Avatar
    141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    so
    much
    bro

Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000) Krowbar is just really nice. (+1000)
    This thread is borderline crazy, scared to eat a fkn banana

atleast waffle iron is setting things straight

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Krowbar View Post
    This thread is borderline crazy, scared to eat a fkn banana

atleast waffle iron is setting things straight

i'm going with that ^^

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100) UltimatFighter is not very well liked. (-100)
    I eat banana right after my workout , and feel good. If i drink just protein shake its not feel right, i feel kinda down.