Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Derk4397 View Post
    I heard they are not right to eat after a workout because they have sugar in them and your insulin levels are spiked at that time. Is this right?
    Dude have you ever read a BB magazine?

If your losing weight you should always try to NOT increase or raise insulin levels because it helps make you FATTER.

If your trying to GROW then raising insulin levels is a great idea. It will force and help shuttle nutrients into your muscles making them grow and aiding in recovery. A bananna or raising insulin levels post workout is a great idea. Add a Bananna to a Protien Shake- Goes great with chocolate. Lots of people do this. Bananas have other great stuff in them too beside just sugar... I don't think eating a banana is a bad idea at all. Go for it.

Raising insulin levels should be avoided for those not trying to gain too much weight.. but if your gonna do it.. post workout is the best time for sure.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LOWTESTOSTERONE View Post

If your losing weight you should always try to NOT increase or raise insulin levels because it helps make you FATTER.

If your trying to GROW then raising insulin levels is a great idea. It will force and help shuttle nutrients into your muscles making them grow and aiding in recovery. A bananna or raising insulin levels post workout is a great idea. Add a Bananna to a Protien Shake- Goes great with chocolate. Lots of people do this. Bananas have other great stuff in them too beside just sugar... I don't think eating a banana is a bad idea at all. Go for it.

Raising insulin levels should be avoided for those not trying to gain too much weight.. but if your gonna do it.. post workout is the best time for sure.
    Anytime you eat practically anything, insulin increases.

Regardless, carbs are optimally partitioned towards meeting recovery demands [i.e. to muscle] in the post-workout period anyway.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I stopped reading there.

LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jharmes5 View Post
    I stopped reading there.
    You think I am wrong?

Or you meant that your losing weight so your going to avoid high carbs and spiking insulin levels?

How about some rep points.. hehe

Some loser killed me in another thread

Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You think I am wrong?

Or you meant that your losing weight so your going to avoid high carbs and spiking insulin levels?

How about some rep points.. hehe

Some loser killed me in another thread
    No, when I cut last fall for 3 months I lost about 20 lbs (~1.5lbs/week). I also spiked my insulin almost everyday.

The significance level of spiking insulin is dwarfed by the significance of a caloric deficit while cutting. You won't get fat if you spike insulin on a caloric deficit, no matter how hard you try.

From what I have read (may need someone to clarify), spiking insulin is frowned upon because when your insulin drops after spiking, you get hungry again. With foods that aren't so harsh on insulin levels, there is more of a gradual raising and lowering of your insulin, so that hunger isn't as severe. Less hunger will usually end up meaning less eating for someone not on a strict diet.

Again, someone will probably have to clarify that, just going off of the top of my head.

Originally Posted by Jharmes5 View Post
    No, when I cut last fall for 3 months I lost about 20 lbs (~1.5lbs/week). I also spiked my insulin almost everyday.

The significance level of spiking insulin is dwarfed by the significance of a caloric deficit while cutting. You won't get fat if you spike insulin on a caloric deficit, no matter how hard you try.

From what I have read (may need someone to clarify), spiking insulin is frowned upon because when your insulin drops after spiking, you get hungry again. With foods that aren't so harsh on insulin levels, there is more of a gradual raising and lowering of your insulin, so that hunger isn't as severe. Less hunger will usually end up meaning less eating for someone not on a strict diet.

Again, someone will probably have to clarify that, just going off of the top of my head.
    No your totally correct to some degree.

To clarify your statements are correct... a calorie deficeit is how you lose fat and weight. And if your dieting, and burning more calories than your consuming your going to lose.. regardless of you insulin levels.

Diet and calories have so much more to do with losing fat than insulin does for sure. Your right.

But- If you go do an hour of lifting followed by minutes of cardio at the gym.. and you do not spike insulin levels after the workout for a while.. you will continue to lose and burn fat long after your workout... A totally great idea to do this if your primary goal is to lose fat...

It you come right home and spike your insulin levels and eat calories you will immeadiatly stop burning fat.. infact the high blood sugar, calories and high insulin will begin to store fat... in addition to doing an excellent job repairing your muscles.. aiding in recovery post workout.. and overall good for growth and muscle development.

There is no right or wrong answer.. If your going to spike insulin levels... post workout is the best place to do it. It will help you grow.. and right after your workout the fat storage effect will be minimized.

Spike your insulin levels for no reason.. not after a workout and your definetely not helping yourself lose weight or burn fat.. and you will get hungry sooner and more.. leading to more eating... and so on..

I reccomend spiking insulin levels just after a workout for growth.. but not for losing fat.

Your better to wait a little while after your workout if your trying to lose fat.
    And- specifically you should try a carb free or low carb post workout food like a simple whey protien shake without high carbs.. Some eggs or tuna or chicken.. or a RTD Isopure without carbs..

Give your body the protien it needs with some good fats from CLA or FLAX or Fish oil.. without the high carbs and insulin.. and you will have yourself in the perfect position to be burning body fat ! ! !

If your trying to grow-- then forget about even trying to manage your insulin levels.. eat eat eat... it's the easiest and fastest way to grow ! !

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IanR1205 View Post
    The only time it is bad to eat a banana is right after someone with a gun threatens to shoot you if you eat a banana.
    ha ha
    Who do men say that I am?

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

To clarify your statements are correct... a calorie deficeit is how you lose fat and weight. And if your dieting, and burning more calories than your consuming your going to lose.. regardless of you insulin levels.

Diet and calories have so much more to do with losing fat than insulin does for sure. Your right.

But- If you go do an hour of lifting followed by minutes of cardio at the gym.. and you do not spike insulin levels after the workout for a while.. you will continue to lose and burn fat long after your workout... A totally great idea to do this if your primary goal is to lose fat...

It you come right home and spike your insulin levels and eat calories you will immeadiatly stop burning fat.. infact the high blood sugar, calories and high insulin will begin to store fat... in addition to doing an excellent job repairing your muscles.. aiding in recovery post workout.. and overall good for growth and muscle development.

There is no right or wrong answer.. If your going to spike insulin levels... post workout is the best place to do it. It will help you grow.. and right after your workout the fat storage effect will be minimized.

Spike your insulin levels for no reason.. not after a workout and your definetely not helping yourself lose weight or burn fat.. and you will get hungry sooner and more.. leading to more eating... and so on..

I reccomend spiking insulin levels just after a workout for growth.. but not for losing fat.

Your better to wait a little while after your workout if your trying to lose fat.
    And- specifically you should try a carb free or low carb post workout food like a simple whey protien shake without high carbs.. Some eggs or tuna or chicken.. or a RTD Isopure without carbs..

Give your body the protien it needs with some good fats from CLA or FLAX or Fish oil.. without the high carbs and insulin.. and you will have yourself in the perfect position to be burning body fat ! ! !

If your trying to grow-- then forget about even trying to manage your insulin levels.. eat eat eat... it's the easiest and fastest way to grow ! !
    sounds brological to me
    Who do men say that I am?

how about some rep points then?

thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesensational has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I pretty much always have a banana after I'm done with my workout. Have a shake, banana, and usually a turkey wrap or sandwich

Ego Enhancement Advisor sladerwilson's Avatar
    sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10) sladerwilson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Reminded me of The Legend of Ron Burgandy when Brian Fantana says:

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

u practically are a moron and ur in red lol about raising insulin levels should be avoided and such

robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000) robinsteal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kaz85 View Post
    Id keep postworkout shakes as just that...shakes. Protein and carbs should be in liquid form only so they go straight into your system. If you wanna add a banana aswell then do it.
    can't you put the banana with the whey and water in a blender? the last time i did that which was today. it was a liqiud....
    i am like ALL - small and mighty

CIA is awesome! i recieve a wealth of knowledge everyday!!! and get to eat kick ass food!

AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    banana(fructose)+milk(lactose)+whey protein= Perfect mixture of sloow/fast digesting, insulin spiking nutrients!
    .:MiscMarioBrahs:.

0341 Infantry Mortarman

Philippians 4:13 We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us and without Christ we can do nothing! Joshua 1:9, Colossians 1:9-14
    Pray for all U.S. military troops at home and abroad in Jesus name.

Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Banana in a protien shake is one of the best post workout meals you can have.

I do it all the time ! !

Just did !

svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so much broscience and brologic in this damn thread its pathetic. can someone please inform the man that your muscles can not convert fructose (sugar from fruits) into glycogen for energy use. So while a banana is nutritious, it will only supply glycogen for your liver and not your muscles.
    BB.Com Male Transformation of the Week Winner
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/male-transformation-sergio-villasenor.htm

Football Players Log: Because I want it Forever
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=399320431#post399320431

Personal Blog: http://importedgoods2010.blogspot.com/

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by svillasenor View Post
    so much broscience and brologic in this damn thread its pathetic. can someone please inform the man that your muscles can not convert fructose (sugar from fruits) into glycogen for energy use. So while a banana is nutritious, it will only supply glycogen for your liver and not your muscles.
    Actually ripe bananas are fairly high in glucose.

Fruits contain both fructose and glucose in varying percentages.

From here - http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/f...-juices/1846/2

1 medium banana contains 14.4 g Sugars of which the sugar breakdown is as follows:

Sucrose 2820 mg

Glucose 5876 mg

Fructose 5723 mg
    Last edited by terracotta; 04-01-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread makes the Baby Jesus cry.

The answer is no.
    No sir, I don't like it.

svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post

true. but you would have to eat a multiple bananas to achieve or replenish your muscles stores. thats y i stick with the chocolate milk and 2 scoops whey. simple and effective.

From here - http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/f...-juices/1846/2

1 medium banana contains 14.4 g Sugars of which the sugar breakdown is as follows:

Sucrose 2820 mg

Glucose 5876 mg

Fructose 5723 mg
    WOOOOOOWWWWWW 5gs. Are you serious. Come on now. That wouldnt even replenish one forearm muscle.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    WOOOOOOWWWWWW 5gs. Are you serious. Come on now.
    The title of the thread is "bananas bad to eat after workout?"

Obviously you need more than 15 g carbs postworkout, but the banana itself is fine.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

The title of the thread is "bananas bad to eat after workout?"

Obviously you need more than 15 g carbs postworkout, but the banana itself is fine.
    Agreed. Bananas are a staple in my breakfast. But you must admit PWO its trivial to contributing to muscle replenishment.

Agreed. Bananas are a staple in my breakfast. But you must admit PWO its trivial to contributing to muscle replenishment.
    Yeah it's not going to do much for glycogen replenishment. Personally I used to have oats, whey, milk, and fruit.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh rly??? I think you got it backwards. See above
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Yeah it's not going to do much for glycogen replenishment. Personally I used to have oats, whey, milk, and fruit.
    Oats are amazing!!!!

WOOOOOOWWWWWW 5gs. Are you serious. Come on now. That wouldnt even replenish one forearm muscle.
    More than 5 grams can replenish muscle glycogen. Gezzus.

AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, that's why he shouldn't eat his banana's as a singular source for an insulin spike.

This sugar provided by the fruit is supllied directly to the liver, as studies have shown on lab rats whom have consumed a gradual amount of fructose & the end effect was their storage of bodyfat % increased!

Referring to the three ways the body uses glucose, assuming that blood glucose levels are adequate, the glucose will then be stored as glycogen. Muscle does not have the necessary enzymes to synthesize fructose into glycogen; therefore the liver converts this fructose into liver glycogen. It would only take three, 8-ounce glasses of orange juice to fully replenish liver glycogen stores. Since the liver is responsible for supplying energy to the entire body, once its stores are full, a rate limiting enzyme in glucose metabolism, which is responsible for signaling the body to store glucose as glycogen or convert it to fat (phosphofructokinase), signals the body that all stores are full. If the glycogen stores are signaled as full, then the third way our body uses excess glucose is to convert it to fatty acids and store as adipose tissue. In essence, fruit sugar is easily converted to fat. (Link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa14.htm http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16076983)

As always, in moderation, fruit is VERY beneficial!
    Last edited by AFXC1; 04-01-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    .:MiscMarioBrahs:.

0341 Infantry Mortarman

Philippians 4:13 We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us and without Christ we can do nothing! Joshua 1:9, Colossians 1:9-14
    Pray for all U.S. military troops at home and abroad in Jesus name.

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    More than 5 grams can replenish muscle glycogen. Gezzus.
    what are you saying? u are making no sense. or are you just commenting with some sarcasim?

Originally Posted by AFXC1 View Post
    Yes, that's why he shouldn't eat his banana's as a singular source for an insulin spike.

This sugar provided by the fruit is supllied directly to the liver, as studies have shown on lab rats whom have consumed a gradual amount of fructose 7 the end effect was their storage of bodyfat % increased!

Referring to the three ways the body uses glucose, assuming that blood glucose levels are adequate, the glucose will then be stored as glycogen. Muscle does not have the necessary enzymes to synthesize fructose into glycogen; therefore the liver converts this fructose into liver glycogen. It would only take three, 8-ounce glasses of orange juice to fully replenish liver glycogen stores. Since the liver is responsible for supplying energy to the entire body, once its stores are full, a rate limiting enzyme in glucose metabolism, which is responsible for signaling the body to store glucose as glycogen or convert it to fat (phosphofructokinase), signals the body that all stores are full. If the glycogen stores are signaled as full, then the third way our body uses excess glucose is to convert it to fatty acids and store as adipose tissue. In essence, fruit sugar is easily converted to fat. (Link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa14.htm http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16076983)

As always, in moderation, fruit is VERY beneficial!
    perfectly said!!!

what are you saying? u are making no sense. or are you just commenting with some sarcasim?
    5 grams is fructose. So the remainer of the digestible carbs [minus the fructose in the sucrose] can replenish muscle glycogen. Is that really hard to understand?