Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000)

Why do people join the military?(serious)

Who wants to join operation human shield?

1000000x better off going to college and studying with hot co-eds or even better would be getting an athletic scholarship and getting paid to study.

the dream would be playing pro in whatever sport and getting paid to play a game.

why would anyone want to be in iraq?

I'm just being real so help me out here

kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MoonWalker0 View Post

1000000x better off going to college and studying with hot co-eds or even better would be getting an athletic scholarship and getting paid to study.

the dream would be playing pro in whatever sport and getting paid to play a game.

I joined the military because military life has always fascinated me. Ever since I was 4 years old, I always said I wanted to be in the service. I went to school for 2 years before I joined and partied my ass off but it got old. I'm still getting my education in the Air Force but I've settled down a lot.
    I got tree fiddy problems but a white knight aint one.

Private Kobrien21- PIITB Army

MISC Tatertot Crew (3-31-09) We Will Never Forget

blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I joined for a number of reasons. I joined a few months after I had turned 18. I graduated high school a year early, and proceeded to use that year to make some bad decisions in life and found myself pissing away opportunities and pretty much just being a worthless douche bag, working way below my potential in life. Military service had always appealed to me, as I had learned earlier in life that I excel in disciplined and structured environments.

All throughout high school, I was frustrated because 90% of my peers were focused on such trivial things as the newest CD coming out, new movies, who is sleeping with who, where the next party is, video games, etc. without so much as a care or wonder about what was happening in the world. Since grade school I had been a big reader (was reading at college level in 3rd grade), and during high school I was reading and studying everything I could from current events, US, world and military history, religion as it applies to government, and other topics trying to figure out what was going on in this crazy world.

I saw a lot of people sit around and bitch about what was wrong with this country, the world, their community, etc. but yet never saw them move to do anything about it. Pissed me off a bit, so I decided I was going to do something to help, right or wrong I was going to put myself in a position where I could have an effect on the future.

My father was military, so that had a bearing on it as well. Although, he was a Squadron Leader in the British Royal Air Force during WWII, operating along the Burma front and throughout India. He passed on when I was 9 due to a bad car accident, and when I looked at my life thus far I really hadn’t done anything that he would be proud of.

I settled on the National Guard for a number of reasons. I wanted to be able to serve not just my country when called to fight, but also serve my state and my community. The historical aspect to the guard appealed to me as well. The National Guard are the descendants in arms of the very men who left their homes and businesses and took up arms to throw off the chains of tyranny and birth this nation through blood. I am proud to carry on that tradition.

During my time in the guard, I have recued families from their roofs during floods; provided security at airports and bridges; maintained order and prevented looting following natural disasters; been a member of the Search and Rescue team of the Guards weapons of mass destruction emergency response force; rendered life saving medical care and taken charge of terrible vehicle accident scenes, stabilizing patients and starting IVs while calling for air ambulance for the most critically wounded using medical training provided to me by the military; worked with at risk youth in the area I grew up in trying to prevent them from falling into the gang life, using the military as an alternative and; I have deployed twice overseas.

The better question to ask is why did I reenlist and decide to stay in?

Through the course of my first 6 years, the military took a young man with false bravado, a lack of self confidence, and no real direction in life…and trained me to be professional, disciplined, confident, skilled and to believe down to my very core that nothing can stop me if I put my mind to it.

I received training and pursued extra training on every subject available from small arms to critical thinking. I have received some of the finest leadership training available in the world thanks to the Army’s NCOES (Non-Commissioned Officer Education System).

I have learned what it means to be a true leader, to provide purpose, direction and motivation to influence others with the goal of accomplishing the mission and bettering the organization. I have learned to work towards something greater than myself, and to put the welfare of my subordinates before my own. To give them the credit when there is victory, and to accept the whole of the blame when there is failure.

I have learned to not write people off at first glance when they have problems, but to work with them and spend whatever time and energy is needed to help them overcome the problems they face and achieve their true potential.

I have had the Warrior Ethos ingrained into my very soul:
    I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.

With the above outlook on life, I have been prepared for success in whatever endeavors I will face in both the civilian and military worlds.

I have been given the opportunity to lead soldiers in both peace, and in battle. I am entrusted with the lives and development of young men who come to the military much in the same way I came to it. I have the opportunity to mentor them, to help them grow, to master skills and attitudes that will allow them to progress in their careers and better their civilian lives.

In other words, I have the opportunity to give back to someone else the strong leadership and belief in potential that I received when I was a young private.

When I was coming up on the decision to re-enlist, I took an evening to sit with a glass of scotch and stare at my closet in which there hanging was every uniform I have worn in the service. BDUs, DCUs, ACUs, my Class A and Dress Blues. I closed my eyes and pictured a world where these were not hanging in my closet; where I did not train soldiers; where I did not have soldiers to lead; I pictured my guys training and deploying without me there.

I pictured a world where I did not have the priviledge and opportunity to serve and sacrifice on behalf of my friends, neighbors, coworkers and people I have never met.

That world was unacceptable to me.

I made the decision right then to stay in for at least 20, and plan on serving until they kick my old ass out at around 40 yrs of service.

I reenlisted the next day.

Oh, that and I have the balls to go do something about it instead of whining on the internet.
    Last edited by blumpkin415; 03-30-2009 at 04:21 AM.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000) Krazy31 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is that you threadmaker?
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

I rape back........Jus Sayin (If you are gonna rape me, at least post in the thread that you are raping me......NO HOMO)

Reps for life:
    DrunkNinjaMastr
    ...Kennedy

blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Krazy31 View Post
    Is that you threadmaker?
    Could be...
    MFC

RIP YGST

Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You're just being real? "Who wants to join operation human shield"... Shut the f*** up.

Some of us go to college and get an undergraduate degree on an academic scholarship, then get a graduate degree and still decide to become a member of the military.

The bottom line is if you're asking questions like this, whether you're being sincere or not - And I don't believe that you are, you clearly wouldn't understand why it is we do what we do, so I am not going to waste my time attempting to explain it to you.
    USMC Naval Aviator - F/A-18 Hornets

"At rotation we spontaneously become heart-breakers and life-takers."

Dodge Viper SRT-10

"You're among Spartans now, so stand up and try not to say anything stupid."

>>>--GO-NOLES--;;->

░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    long answer is long.

Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expendable will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you're sick of living with your parents you can join and save up until you have enough cash for your own place and you dont need to be smart to join
    "Not everyone who works hard succeeds, but everyone who succeeds has worked hard"

Current Favorite Boxers: Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klitschko, Manny Pacquiao, Edwin Valero, Carl Froch, Marcos Maidana

Hate: David Haye, Amir Khan

Originally Posted by Stanco View Post
    long answer is long.
    Long asnwer is a thought out and honest answer
    MFC

RIP YGST

Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    if you're sick of living with your parents you can join and save up until you have enough cash for your own place and you dont need to be smart to join
    If you want to do something other than infantry...yes, you do have to be smart
    MFC

RIP YGST

kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by blumpkin415 View Post
    My friend is a Calvary Scout. He's smart as hell too.

Originally Posted by kobrien21 View Post
    My friend is a Calvary Scout. He's smart as hell too.
    We all have seen idiots in every MOS, but sometimes it is those idiots who save your entire element because they charge the hill...
    MFC

RIP YGST

SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    We all have seen idiots in every MOS, but sometimes it is those idiots who save your entire element because they charge the hill...
    provided it's the right hill anyway, huh?

pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50) pennycjc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I joined the Air Force after getting my Bachelor's Degree. I graduated college at a bad time for my major and was interested in pursuing another degree, but didn't think I could afford it. I looked at the military as a job with great benefits. I had great job security for four years and a lot of money for college waiting for me when I got out. After fulfilling my initial commitment, I am now a full-time college student again. Because of the military, I am living a very comfortable life for a college student without even having a part-time job.

If college doesn't work out this time around, I would have no problem going back to the military. I met a lot of great people and my job was as enjoyable as any civilian job I have had.

Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.
    Let's put a smile on that face :)

Semper Fi

Originally Posted by SpittfireDA View Post
    LMAO!

Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500)

Lets be real then, how many guys do you know that become professional sportsmen? Its the elite minority that get picked up, therefore risky if you don't make it. Whereas in the military you have a stable guaranteed job with a steady income with all the health and education benefits.
    When the weight scale tells me I'm big enough, I tell the scale its wrong!

FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLAY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I joined the military because military life has always fascinated me. Ever since I was 4 years old, I always said I wanted to be in the service. I went to school for 2 years before I joined and partied my ass off but it got old. I'm still getting my education in the Air Force but I've settled down a lot.
    Did you go into college expecting to join the military after two years?What kind of education do you receive?
    King of the Hill Quote of the Day:

Hank Hill: Bobby, if you give a Valentine to a sixth grade boy, girls are gonna think you're... sensitive. Something like that could follow you the rest of your life. Now here's a candy for Joseph. It says, "Hey, You're O.K."

>>>--GO-NOLES--;;->

FlashbaxFlashbaxFlashbax Flashbax's Avatar
    Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flashbax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're Gary Busey's son, he's loaded.

Originally Posted by SpittfireDA View Post
    Even if it's not, they draw fire...
    MFC

RIP YGST

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    or even better would be getting an athletic scholarship and getting paid to study.

Or even better would be winning the lottery and then getting an open invitation to the Playboy Mansion where Hef tells you to come get teh cawk sucked anytime.

Either way, let us know how all that works out for you..
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

Originally Posted by FLAY View Post
    Did you go into college expecting to join the military after two years?What kind of education do you receive?
    I always knew I was going to join the military eventually so I decided "why wait?" Right now I am 60 credits away from my Bachelor's in Business Management and I still have 4 years left in the Air Force.

Originally Posted by OctavianCXVII View Post
    You're Gary Busey's son, he's loaded.
    damn right brah

L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I joined for a number of reasons. I joined a few months after I had turned 18. I graduated high school a year early, and proceeded to use that year to make some bad decisions in life and found myself pissing away opportunities and pretty much just being a worthless douche bag, working way below my potential in life. Military service had always appealed to me, as I had learned earlier in life that I excel in disciplined and structured environments.

All throughout high school, I was frustrated because 90% of my peers were focused on such trivial things as the newest CD coming out, new movies, who is sleeping with who, where the next party is, video games, etc. without so much as a care or wonder about what was happening in the world. Since grade school I had been a big reader (was reading at college level in 3rd grade), and during high school I was reading and studying everything I could from current events, US, world and military history, religion as it applies to government, and other topics trying to figure out what was going on in this crazy world.

I saw a lot of people sit around and bitch about what was wrong with this country, the world, their community, etc. but yet never saw them move to do anything about it. Pissed me off a bit, so I decided I was going to do something to help, right or wrong I was going to put myself in a position where I could have an effect on the future.

My father was military, so that had a bearing on it as well. Although, he was a Squadron Leader in the British Royal Air Force during WWII, operating along the Burma front and throughout India. He passed on when I was 9 due to a bad car accident, and when I looked at my life thus far I really hadn?t done anything that he would be proud of.

I settled on the National Guard for a number of reasons. I wanted to be able to serve not just my country when called to fight, but also serve my state and my community. The historical aspect to the guard appealed to me as well. The National Guard are the descendants in arms of the very men who left their homes and businesses and took up arms to throw off the chains of tyranny and birth this nation through blood. I am proud to carry on that tradition.

During my time in the guard, I have recued families from their roofs during floods; provided security at airports and bridges; maintained order and prevented looting following natural disasters; been a member of the Search and Rescue team of the Guards weapons of mass destruction emergency response force; rendered life saving medical care and taken charge of terrible vehicle accident scenes, stabilizing patients and starting IVs while calling for air ambulance for the most critically wounded using medical training provided to me by the military; worked with at risk youth in the area I grew up in trying to prevent them from falling into the gang life, using the military as an alternative and; I have deployed twice overseas.

The better question to ask is why did I reenlist and decide to stay in?

Through the course of my first 6 years, the military took a young man with false bravado, a lack of self confidence, and no real direction in life?and trained me to be professional, disciplined, confident, skilled and to believe down to my very core that nothing can stop me if I put my mind to it.

I received training and pursued extra training on every subject available from small arms to critical thinking. I have received some of the finest leadership training available in the world thanks to the Army?s NCOES (Non-Commissioned Officer Education System).

I have learned what it means to be a true leader, to provide purpose, direction and motivation to influence others with the goal of accomplishing the mission and bettering the organization. I have learned to work towards something greater than myself, and to put the welfare of my subordinates before my own. To give them the credit when there is victory, and to accept the whole of the blame when there is failure.

I have learned to not write people off at first glance when they have problems, but to work with them and spend whatever time and energy is needed to help them overcome the problems they face and achieve their true potential.

I have had the Warrior Ethos ingrained into my very soul:
    I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.

With the above outlook on life, I have been prepared for success in whatever endeavors I will face in both the civilian and military worlds.

I have been given the opportunity to lead soldiers in both peace, and in battle. I am entrusted with the lives and development of young men who come to the military much in the same way I came to it. I have the opportunity to mentor them, to help them grow, to master skills and attitudes that will allow them to progress in their careers and better their civilian lives.

In other words, I have the opportunity to give back to someone else the strong leadership and belief in potential that I received when I was a young private.

When I was coming up on the decision to re-enlist, I took an evening to sit with a glass of scotch and stare at my closet in which there hanging was every uniform I have worn in the service. BDUs, DCUs, ACUs, my Class A and Dress Blues. I closed my eyes and pictured a world where these were not hanging in my closet; where I did not train soldiers; where I did not have soldiers to lead; I pictured my guys training and deploying without me there.

I pictured a world where I did not have the priviledge and opportunity to serve and sacrifice on behalf of my friends, neighbors, coworkers and people I have never met.

That world was unacceptable to me.

I made the decision right then to stay in for at least 20, and plan on serving until they kick my old ass out at around 40 yrs of service.

I reenlisted the next day.

Oh, that and I have the balls to go do something about it instead of whining on the internet.

steel city. it aint pretty, but it's home. these fools i pitty.

bench-335
    squat-385
    dead-435

Originally Posted by Powaful_Misca View Post
    To be the first kid on the block with a confirmed kill.
    Why couldn't your mother have just swallowed you when she had the chance?
    MFC

RIP YGST

Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000)

well some do it for the college money, which they forget there is a war going on and they won't get that gi bill until after they get out which they forget they have signed a 8 year contract even if they only signed up for 4 years army and they might get called back in, but if they are smart they will do it while there in and not wait til they get out

but for me i have been in for over 8 years and i love it plus the money is good when you deploy, i don't mind going over there, i like to kick in doors and play all day sometimes it sucks but its what i signed up for, got to die for something right.
    SAMUEL

OWE REPS TO:

for life:

Ruger357
    DRU1
    I always rep back!

To max on reps giving, it's always better to rep the higher guy / girl with the higher reps and in return you benefit more to the lower guy

Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000) Hemp6473 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    oh rly is that a fact did you join?
    SAMUEL

OWE REPS TO:

for life:

Ruger357
    DRU1
    I always rep back!

To max on reps giving, it's always better to rep the higher guy / girl with the higher reps and in return you benefit more to the lower guy

hey there are some smart infantry we just choose to be infantry
    SAMUEL

OWE REPS TO:

for life:

Ruger357
    DRU1
    I always rep back!

I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them.
    But then you failed the ASVAB.
    MFC

RIP YGST

To be the first kid on the block with a confirmed kill.
    not about killing or confirmed,

just kidding hell yea it is lol
    SAMUEL

OWE REPS TO:

for life:

Ruger357
    DRU1
    I always rep back!

But then you failed the ASVAB.
    lol wow how can you do that
    SAMUEL

OWE REPS TO:

for life:

Ruger357
    DRU1
    I always rep back!