Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) musclegym2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree! I've been training for 20+ years and in that training I have never taken a week off! I may change things up but I don't stop. I think first it is for my sanity and secondly I love training and I couldn't stay home. Again there are so many routines and techniques to train why stop just change it up. Sometimes that's the best rest.
    Muscle Gym2

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    hey John, it hurts when i do "this"?
    it certainly does...lol....

Barefooted HomeGym Lifter new2lifting's Avatar
    new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post
    At the time when I feel least like working out, emotionally or physically, is the time I "BUCK UP" AND HIT IT HARD!!!!

Unless you have some kind of serious medical problem that will limit you, get to the gym are push yourself to the next level!

I just don't get this "take a week off?" Take a day off! I'M 5 days on and 2 days off, except for cardio in which only leg day gets that day off. Why that day? Just because.

Why take a week off, just to have the body get out of the habit, and get unbelievably sore from the doms all over again?

If you guys were some kind of super athlete in unbelievable shape with a taxing sport that tears the body, mind and spirit down to a point of breaking? Then I guess take some time off. Yet who is to that level on here? I don't see anyone?

When I feel like I just can't get in the gym or I feel like I'm not making progress or stalling.... I GO TO THE GYM AND PUSH TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

When I'm done training past it, I FEEL SO GOOD, SOOO ACOMPLISHED, READY TO GO AGAIN. The key is to get PAST IT! Not get away from it?
    good motivational speech here
    makes me want to bust through a brick wall

jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

periodization

Just like with competitve aerobic exercise like running, triathlons...you should schedule in light weeks to your plan. This will give your body time to recover from all your hard work. It's a great time to get out of the gym and do something active but fun and relaxing. Hiking, biking, play some golf (walk! no cart!)...etc. The frequency of these active rest periods depends on you and your ability to recover, seeing as we're all unique in that respect.

Good luck on you goals!
    "I won't let go
    of that youthful soul
    despite body and mind
    my youth will never die..."

Creed

SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamJaros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've thought about taking a week off at times, but have not yet.
    I also see some peeps deload (50% of regular weight workout) for one week. Sounds like a good way to keep active, and let muscles recover.
    What about on the week you want to take off, just do 5-6 compound exercises in one day @ 50-60% MRW? This still works the muscle groups and allows for recovery until resuming a full week of workouts.
    Just a thought.
    Peace through Strength
    Speak softly and possess a big arm.

Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Subcool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wanted to thank everyone for there responces I have been feeling slightly beat up latly onlty lifting heavy 4 days a week.
    I reserched de-loading and yest spent an hour doing push ups and planks and bridges and other tummy work as well as 45 minutes cardio.
    I din't feel guilty because I worked good but that should help my sore areas recover

Great info always

Sub