Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000) Molon.Labe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Molon.Labe's BodySpace

3 days on, one day off?

Has anyone used a routine that consists of lifting three days in a row, taking 1 day rest, and then doing another three days?

Something like this:

Sunday: Chest/Tricepts/Shoulders
    Monday: Bicepts/Back/Abs
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednesday: * REST *
    Thursday: Chest/Tricepts/Shoulders
    Friday: Bicepts/Back/Abs
    Saturday: Legs
    Sunday: * REST *

etc...

If anyone has tried something like this I'd be interested in hearing how effective it was. I know a lot of people feel like that might be too much lifting. Right now I do one day on, one day off which means I hit each muscle group about once every 6 days. It really doesn't feel like it's enough anymore and now I am considering the routine above, which would hit each muscle group once every 4 days. I understand everyone is different, but some people I know who have more rigorous routines seem to be getting good results. Is it because pro-hormones like H-DROL decrease the time needed during resting periods?
    Last edited by Molon.Labe; 03-28-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Stats: 6'0", 191 lbs
    thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit thereaperman's BodySpace
    Yeah I currently go 3 days on/1 day off... I like this the best bc I love going to the gym as much as possible without overtraining and you can hit each muscle more then once per week...

However personally I don't like hitting my shoulders on the same day as i do chest.. too much stress on my front delts...

My current routine...

Chest/back
    Legs/abs
    Shoulders/biceps/triceps
    day off
    repeat

plus this way you can superset if u want

fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit fibermax's BodySpace
    I used a fitness program like this for years while competing. Knowing what I know today, I was significantly overtrained!

You can tell how much you are overtrained by following the fitness routine you listed for 2 months. After the 2 months are up, take 1 week, plus, off. Then go back into the gym. I guarantee your strength will skyrocket from the 1 week off.

I would like to see you take 2-4 days off between workouts.

Track your numbers! That will determine your progress. That which is not tracked, can't improve. Your numbers will tell you how effective the program is. Test both - very little rest between workout, and a lot of rest. The more rest will equal better strength, and growth. I have seen this time, and time again. Test it yourself!
    Best Workout Success,

Jim O'Connor - Exercise Physiologist

Discover A Beverly Hills celebrity trainer's fitness secrets to getting better workout results in less than 1 hour a week at...

http://www.fitnessprogramsecrets.com

fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000) fibermax is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit fibermax's BodySpace
    One more thing...

Just remember, you grow while you are resting, not while you are training. Training stimulated muscle growth. Rest completes the recovery, and growth process. If you train before you are completely recovered, and growth has taken place, you will sabotage your results.

Best of luck to you!
    Best Workout Success,

Jim O'Connor - Exercise Physiologist

Discover A Beverly Hills celebrity trainer's fitness secrets to getting better workout results in less than 1 hour a week at...

http://www.fitnessprogramsecrets.com

Stats: 6'0", 191 lbs
    thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000) thereaperman is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit thereaperman's BodySpace
    Ignore the last two posts ^

Stats: 5'8", 155 lbs
    NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NJtoWI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit NJtoWI's BodySpace
    I'm currently on a 3 day on/1 day off routine. I've seen good results so far and hope I don't plateu due to overtraining... here's how I split it

Day 1 - Chest, Tris, Abs
    Day 2 - Bi, Legs
    Day 3 - Shoulder, Back, Abs
    Rest
    Repeat

I'm thinking about rearranging sometime soon, but not sure how yet.

Mr.TamilNadu 2008 murali_biglee's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 197 lbs
    BodyPoints: 595
    murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) murali_biglee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit murali_biglee's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Molon.Labe View Post
    Has anyone used a routine that consists of lifting three days in a row, taking 1 day rest, and then doing another three days?

Something like this:

etc...

If anyone has tried something like this I'd be interested in hearing how effective it was. I know a lot of people feel like that might be too much lifting. Right now I do one day on, one day off which means I hit each muscle group about once every 6 days. It really doesn't feel like it's enough anymore and now I am considering the routine above, which would hit each muscle group once every 4 days. I understand everyone is different, but some people I know who have more rigorous routines seem to be getting good results. Is it because pro-hormones like H-DROL decrease the time needed during resting periods?
    hey bro,,

back training and leg training are essential and they both use the spinal muscles and to a greater extent the lower back...

so keeping the leg day and back day one after the other is not a wise decision...most of the people end up over training their lower back this way...

So do think of rearranging your routine something like this

back bi
    chest shoulder tri
    legs
    off and repeat cycle
    Cheers,
    Biglee

The greater danger for most of the people is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it...
    http://biglee-murali.blogspot.com/
    http://musclewallpapers.blogspot.com/

Stats: 6'1", 240 lbs
    BodyPoints: 976
    Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mixelflick has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Mixelflick's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Molon.Labe View Post

Something like this:

etc...

Recovery ability is individual but easily "found" if you know how to measure it...
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.