Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dude 50g of protein is the way to go.

I just got back from the MD's office, and he said "DO NOT listen to the mag articles you read, even the personal trainers, or the nutritionists." Plus he was explaining to me that taking more than 50g of protein can have some serious affects to my health, like internal bleeding, and hardened arteries. Dude, it's making me freak out right now, I just cut back my intake from 205g to just 50g.

believe in yourself! Flex_Kavana's Avatar
    Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    HAHAHA I love stupid posts.. They make me laugh.
    Working it out boss.

Registered User Everybody_Poops's Avatar
    Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did he just tell you the possible effects or tell you how it happens? If he just told you what could happen without any science behind it, that's just medical grade broscience.

Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Too much of anything isnt good for you. Im sure we will all ahve some sort of problems from too much protein, but its better than fat.

Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cobra008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    50mgs of protein isn't going to hurt you...

I would recommend 25-35 mgs of protein 5-6 times a day spaced out evenly.

Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DevilMayAsian View Post
    I just got back from the MD's office, and he said "DO NOT listen to the mag articles you read, even the personal trainers, or the nutritionists." Plus he was explaining to me that taking more than 50g of protein can have some serious affects to my health, like internal bleeding, and hardened arteries. Dude, it's making me freak out right now, I just cut back my intake from 205g to just 50g.
    When you think about it 50g protein is actually hard to achieve for most people. I get that easily in a couple meals. One meal if I do it right. One can of tuna over some rice is pretty much 50g protein. With a glass of milk... Wow...

WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WIULifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    everybody poops

audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Immichaelski View Post
    Too much of anything isnt good for you. Im sure we will all ahve some sort of problems from too much protein, but its better than fat.
    Never thought of it that way. The american diet is very high on processed fats.

DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lt1mike View Post
    HAHAHA I love stupid posts.. They make me laugh.
    Dude, how is this a stupid post?

Anyways I'll never disrespect my M.D., he knows what he is talkig about, he just told me the possible side effects.

Anyways I'll never disrespect my M.D., he knows what he is talkig about, he just told me the possible side effects.
    So he didn't tell you how it any of that stuff actually happens, or why it happens...

Without even trying my diet goes well over 50g's of protein. I take in probably 35-40gs in shakes... That doesn't include the milk in the shake.

Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you do realize that one chicken breast can have over 70g of protein in it right...? Either you misunderstood your doc, or he didn't graduate from a very good Med school...

Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoorty0690 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WIULifter View Post
    everybody poops
    Lollerskates

Ha, I remember that book.
    Mass FX
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110348651

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ iForce Dave's Avatar
    iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cobra008 View Post

keep it simple, keep it basic, keep it heavy
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    www.iforcenutrition.com

RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cobra008 View Post
    50mgs of protein isn't going to hurt you...

That's a pretty stupid and arbritary number to settle on. What exactly are you basing that reccomendation on?

One's protein intake is determined by their weight, level of activity, personal recuperation requirements, daily calorie need etc.

Do you know this guy or something?

Originally Posted by RuckstaR View Post
    Do you know this guy or something?
    No, he doesn't know me at all, and I don't know who he is. I just started working out a couple months ago, he might go to my gym though.

Me and Royce Gracie wreckem8010's Avatar
    wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wreckem8010 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    PWO

40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iForce Dave View Post

I'm pretty sure he meant, mcg.

jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguar007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Large amounts of protein that comes from animal byproducts can cause a raise in chlorsterol, and that can lead to hardening of the arteries. There are other protein sources other than animal byproducts however.

Are you sure your doctor meant 50g daily and not at once? The body can only process so much protein at one time and many of the shakes out there have much more protein than the body can deal with at once.

Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jaguar007 View Post
    Large amounts of protein that comes from animal byproducts can cause a raise in chlorsterol, and that can lead to hardening of the arteries. There are other protein sources other than animal byproducts however.

Are you sure your doctor meant 50g daily and not at once? The body can only process so much protein at one time and many of the shakes out there have much more protein than the body can deal with at once.
    ya this you can supposedly take up to 60g at once

Originally Posted by Death Head View Post
    ya this you can supposedly take up to 60g at once
    But say it's something of a blend, or a lot of casein you could probably take more.

GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You would have to try very hard to limit your protein intake to 50 grams a day.

BTW... your Dr is an idiot.

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Protein raise cholesterol?

Doctors usually don't recommend animal byproducts because it is full of fat. Saturated and trans fat does what you stated above. I never heard protein can cause heart problems.

Where you getting your information from?

Example:

Which will cause adverse effects in the future? the white(fat) or red meat (protein)?
    Last edited by Problem; 03-28-2009 at 06:54 PM.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest

PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I have to think his Doc was talking about 50g of protein from shakes at once. And even then, I think other Docs would disagree with him, especially the ones I've seen here and there on this very forum. I only do two scoops for PostWO myself, I think more will at least lead to less of it being used and therefore:

Everybody Poops

justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) justjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

So yeah, steak.

Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Really bro? Because other M.D. also claim that protein makes a person fat which is also stupid. *facepalm*
    "Knowing is not enough, you must apply. Willing is not enough, you must do" -Bruce Lee

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bottom line is, if you DO NOT exercise and take alot of protein, then alot of it is going to waste, and you're putting pressure on your kidneys.

If you exercise, it is a WHOLE different story, cause the protein is getting used by your muscle cells as well for tissue repair and growth.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest

Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100) Death Head is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Infamousasian View Post
    Really bro? Because other M.D. also claim that protein makes a person fat which is also stupid. *facepalm*
    do you mean too much protein not jsut protein in general right?

Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infamousasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Death Head View Post
    do you mean too much protein not jsut protein in general right?
    Just protein in general, if he said too much protein then that M.D. would look less stupid
    "Knowing is not enough, you must apply. Willing is not enough, you must do" -Bruce Lee

40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000) 40-Yard Dash_2 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Remember guise, amino acid carbon skeletons are our friends.

olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It'd be hard for me to not eat more than 50g of protein a day. Just with my pwo shake and meal I get around 70
    May all your gains be long term
    May all your losses be ordinary
    May all your deductions be for AGI