Fat-Elvis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lump and popping sound in my sternum?

Several weeks ago, maybe a couple months ago, I hurt my chest a bit from a barbell resting on my chest for a couple moments when doing bench presses (unintentionally of course). I didn't think much of it at the time, but a little while later I developed a hard lump at least a couple inches below the top of my sternum. I'm about 90-95% sure the lump was from that incident with the barbell. It's not too visible, but you can definitely feel it. I got this before, a few years ago, from being punched in the chest but it eventually went away.

This lump however has not gone away. And yesterday I was lying on my couch and doing something, maybe stretching, and suddenly heard and felt a loud pop coming from that very area. I can't remember if the pop itself hurt, but it hurt immediately after that when I would do things like stretch or position myself in a certain way, and of course something like a push-up hurts pretty bad. It doesn't hurt quite as bad now, but I can sort of feel the pain if I move my upper body in a certain way, and something like push-ups are entirely out of the question. I hadn't done any exercising or intense physical activity yesterday.

Any idea wtf this is? It's kinda freaking me out.

bump and update. maybe someone can comment this time around.

So this happened 4 weeks ago tomorrow. About a week later I went to the doctor and she said it's nothing to really worry about, she's seen it before, and that it should go away in a couple weeks or so. Well it's no better than it was the first week, and it's kinda freaking me out again. I can pop it occasionally, and it often kinda hurts performing various movements and I definitely can't do any kind of exercise that involves the chest. Anyone here have to deal with this ever? It's just the weirdest damn thing. Why the hell would my chest 'pop' all of a sudden and hurt for weeks on end?

R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution HmmMaybeLater's Avatar
    HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000) HmmMaybeLater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dunno brah...my sternum always pops and hurts sometimes...like it comes and goes but if I twist my torso sometimes it I will have sharp shooting pains that radiate out from my sternum...I dont know what to tell you cuz i havent figured it out yet either...just try to keep you posture good and stretch...maybe go to chiro...thats what im thinking about doing...

Mine has been coming and going for a few months now so it seems to not get much better or a reaggravate it or something
    GT: Hmm Maybe Later (Xbox 360)

RON PAUL 2012

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ Florida Gators Crew ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂
    ~Kings Age Crew~
    JTV CREW
    ΣAE
    Jacksonville Jaguars Crew
    ♋ Raw Dog Crew ♋

But are you able to do upper body exercises with this? I can't even do a pushup.