UDontNoMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile One arm longer than the other...Symmetry

hey guys and gals I have a question. I am a personal trainer who has a client who's left humerus is about a half an inch loner than the right therefore the clients arms are much different. They are pretty much the same strength but have a different appearance. Is it possible to get them to look symmetrical or not? If so do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

chrisleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

really?

Are you sure that the bone itself is longer. Everyones arm of their dominant hand will be longer than the other arm. The shoulder of the dominant hand will slope more than the other.

That is odd for one arm to be that much longer than the other.

I personally have a leg length discrepency... My leg is 1/2 in. longer than the other. That does not seem like much but it has created a lot of muscle imbalances in the buttock, hams, and quad muscles.

It seems like you would be able to get his arms symmetrical by training them independently, it is much harder to do so with leg length discrepencies.

Is one arm stonger than the other?
    The SKINNY Cajun

UDontNoMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chrisleid View Post
    Are you sure that the bone itself is longer. Everyones arm of their dominant hand will be longer than the other arm. The shoulder of the dominant hand will slope more than the other.

That is odd for one arm to be that much longer than the other.

I personally have a leg length discrepency... My leg is 1/2 in. longer than the other. That does not seem like much but it has created a lot of muscle imbalances in the buttock, hams, and quad muscles.

It seems like you would be able to get his arms symmetrical by training them independently, it is much harder to do so with leg length discrepencies.

Is one arm stonger than the other?
    the strength is pretty much the same on both sides.

His shoulder and pec on the longer side is not as bulky as the other side.

skyheart has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skyheart has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skyheart has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skyheart has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do you have a hacksaw?

prolificdavid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prolificdavid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prolificdavid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prolificdavid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prolificdavid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prolificdavid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm helping a friend who has the same issue. Even with his shoulders squared, his right arm is longer and the delt slopes down; the left delt is more full.

Do we just move him to dumbbells for most of those exercises where the barbell becomes imbalanced, or should he change his grip? Seems that if he changes his grip, a potential elbow problem could develop, but I'm no pro.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.