hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much fat can I realistically expect to lose in a month?

Basically, I'm going away on vacation May 1st. I want to look as good as possible by then. At the moment, I do no cardio at all (I hate it). I spent November - January bulking, but it was rather dirty and I gained a lot of fat. I ballooned from 170 to 192 and I'm now back down to 178. I managed to lose a lot of weight this past 6 weeks by changing my diet. I still have a couple of cheat meals a week, but my diet really only consists of chicken, spinach, oats, eggs (whole and whites) and milk. I wanted to see how much weight I could lose with a strict diet and no cardio, and to be quite honest, I'm really thrilled with the results. I'm in the best shape of my life, but I'm still soft. I can like basically pinch my entire lower back fat with my whole hand. It's kinda gross actually.

So now it's crunch time. I want abs. And I want them by May 1st. I realize I shouldn't have waited this long to start, but better late than never. What I want to know is how much cardio should I be doing and at what pace? HIIT 3x a week? Low intensity 4x a week?

If anyone has any insight, reps for sure!

ME @ 177 october (pre-bulk):

ME @ 184 last week:

ME @ 177 today (post-bulk):

jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    8 lbs of fat in a month is ideal, 2 lbs a week
    possible to lose more but i dont suggest it to maximize fat loss and minimize loss of LBM

hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollertronix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right, but I'd like to know how much cardio I need to do to reach that? If I could lose 8lbs of JUST fat and get down to 170, I would be elated. It sucks that my end weight is the same as my start weight, but I kinda fudged up my bulk (it was my first time doing so)...

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    From your picture, I'd estimate you to be about 16% BF +/- 1%. You say you currently weigh 177lbs.

Weight: 177lbs
    LBM: 148.7
    Fat: 28.3

Most people see their abs at 10-12%, which means you need to hit 167lbs +/- 2lbs. So, you need to lose about 10lbs of pure fat or 35,000 cals worth of fat. There are 35 days till May 1st. If you were able to fat at a rate of exactly 2lbs per week until May 1st, you'd have a good chance to see your abs.

However, according to the 31 calories per pound of fat rule, this pace is too fast and, realistically, you're going to lose a lot of LBM in addition to the fat.

By my calculations, the earliest you could get to 12% BF without sacrificing a significant amount of LBM, is May 10th (using the 31 calories per pound of body fat rule). To get 11% about May 26th and 10% about June 15th.

To calculate your daily calorie expenditure, use Robby9999's calc:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=114630001
    Last edited by IzzyT; 03-26-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Appreciate it dude, repped.