wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

smithmachine bench press is it accurate?

whats up 3 weeks ago i started using the smith-machine since i do not have a spotter with me when i go to the gym.

now on march 09th i was able to do 240lbs x2 reps on the smith machine up 1 rep from the free-weight barbell bench press.

now fast forward to the 13th of march i was able to 250lbs x2 reps it was tough as hell though..

then on the 20th of march i was able to 240lbs x5 reps..

now today after my workout i did 270lbs x1 went up fairly easy then i put 290lbs on it and rested 5 mins and then done 290lbs it was tough after getting off the bench i was red as hell and felt light headed..

now my question is this. the bar weights 0lbs not 5lbs not 10lbs and especially not 45lbs..

i had 6 45lbs plate on side and 2 10lbs plates on each side of the bar for a total of 290lbs.

now my question is this..i seen a guy who can pick up 200lbs for a 1 rep max and he can do it 1 time and barelky lock out the second rep but he fails though..thats 4 45lbs plates and 2 10lb plates..

i know a lot of people hate the smith for no apparent reason but i know i am getting stronger should i stick with the smith or start using a spotter when i go heavy..

also today before i worked out on the smith i was able to do 225lbs for 8 reps on the barbell bench press with no spotter.

my previous best was 240lbs for one rep that was on march 06th...
    current lifting stats.

i am strong how about that...heh

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Smith machine bars usually don't weight 45lbs. Check your machine to see what it weighs. 15lbs seems to be a common number. I've personally seen them weigh (or counterweigh for the nit pickers) anywhere from nothing to 30lbs.

All weight (or lack of) accounted for; Smith machine takes out the requirement of many of your smaller stabilizer muscles, which can allow you to lift more than with a free barbell.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think the bar weighs zero lbs...i had this one guy tell me it weighed 45lbs i was dude there is no way in hell if i can move it with 2 finger it is ZEROED out he got all pissed because he thought he was repping 185lbs when really all he was doing was 140lbs for 3 reps the guy is a tard if anything..
    current lifting stats.

I have God on my side ! jrmuscle's Avatar
    jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jrmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

they are

they are zero lbs so that each rep is more assisted so they are not accurate they are actually better on your joints but a lil easier to lift heavier as well but not much easier
    -Joey_
    I expect respect when i give respect
    I put forth effort and determination
    I AM A BODY BUILDER

Honesty is the best policy ;)

i knew i was right about not counting the bar!!,,

so my 290lbs press is more likely a 285lb press if anything..

regardless it makes feel good seeing 6 45lbers and 2 10lbs loaded up there..heh
    current lifting stats.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not all are zero. Check the labels on your machine, it should be posted somewhere on it. Like the two smiths at my gym are 15lbs.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

will do that the next time i go thanks..
    current lifting stats.

laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000)
    why cant you just ask somebody in the gym to spot you?

not to sound like a dick or be mean but the guys there are kinda weak/scrawny no way in hell would i trust one of them with me attempting new max's....

the most i seen one of these guys lift is 185lbs for 2 reps and screamed like an idiot with each rep..
    current lifting stats.

It shouldn't take but a few fingers to save you on a fail.

I don't ever use spotters, and train to failure often.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Not all are zero. Check the labels on your machine, it should be posted somewhere on it. Like the two smiths at my gym are 15lbs.
    True...1 @ my gym is 25lbs and the other is only 5lbs? Says right on the machines, gym manager said he got tired of being asked-LOL

nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    use a power rack just move the bar where you need it and your done

i would but the gym i go to does not have a power rack...it sucks i know.
    current lifting stats.

nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickasher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how about a half rack?

Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jrmuscle View Post
    they are actually better on your joints
    The Smith Machine is NOT BETTER for your joints, When your body is forced to move in a Un Natural line it does more harm than good for your joints and ligaments. Doing Freeweight Barbell Bench is much easier on the joints than a smith machine ever could be, And Dumbbells are the Best overall!
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

Loyalty above all else, Except Honor!