Benrc10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Survey For my Research Project (Please read)

Hi everyone, my name is Ben and I am fairly new to this site. I am a 21 year old (so no not a teenager anymore) and I have been an avid lifter since I was 16 and am now pretty satisfied with what I have turned into from lifting. I have had many routines and have attended many gyms throughout my career as a lifter and have even competed in a few competitions. Mostly bench press comps. I am now doing a research project where I am trying to figure out just how to get more people to go to the gym, and also what keeps people going there. If anyone has any questions about me, who I am, or anything please let me know. As I know people are usually interested in that on forums. My question for you guys is if you are willing, and I would greatly appreciate it if you were. Simply fill out this survey below. It will help my research tremendously. For your convenience I have numbered them so in your posts you do not need to have the full question just your answer and the number. Thank you guys! (Yes I know it looks long, sorry) (I'll be posting this in two other forums on this site too because I am trying to gather data from different age groups and backgrounds. Sorry if this appears as spam)

The following questions are based on this hypothetical situation:
    Pretend as if you are someone living in a town with a few gyms to choose from. You currently attend a make believe gym called "Super Gym". Super Gym is whatever gym you are currently attending (if attending one). However you wish to look around and see if there is a better option out there. You have many options to choose from but you must ask yourself a few questions first.

1. Gender (Circle One) M F Prefer not to answer

2. Age (Circle one) 16-20 21-25 26-30 31-40 41-50 50+ Prefer not to answer

3. Are you currently a member of a gym? (Circle one) Yes No

4. What do you like most about your current gym? (If you have one)

5. What do you dislike most about your current gym? (If you have one)

6. What do you wish your gym had? (i.e. more equipment, free tanning, discounted supplements, courts, saunas etc.)

7. In order for you to buy a membership from a gym what are the things you consider? (location, size, price etc.)

8. Why do you go to the gym? (Sports, Weight lifting, Bulking, Socializing, staying healthy etc.)

9. Anything else you would like to add about why you go to the gym or how a gym could get you to buy a membership from them?
    Last edited by Benrc10; 03-26-2009 at 09:24 AM.

PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100)
    1. M
    2. 18

All the rest N/a

FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000) FightingMachine is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Gender MALE

2. Age 19

3. Are you currently a member of a gym? NO

4. What do you like most about your current gym? PERSONAL GYM

5. What do you dislike most about your current gym? NOT ALL THE EQUIPMENT

6. What do you wish your gym had? (i.e. more equipment, free tanning, discounted supplements, courts, saunas etc.) MORE EQUIPMENT

7. In order for you to buy a membership from a gym what are the things you consider? (location, size, price etc.) FACILITIES/SIZE

8. Why do you go to the gym? (Sports, Weight lifting, Bulking, Socializing, staying healthy etc.) WEIGHT LIFTING

9. Anything else you would like to add about why you go to the gym or how a gym could get you to buy a membership from them? NO

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    M
    16-20
    Yes
    The convenience. It's right on campus at school.
    The equipment is all really old. The dumbbells are all chipped and getting rusty (humid climate) aside from being dusty and stuff. I'm also annoyed by the fact that there are 6 different brands of plates in the weight room. I'm OCD about that stuff.
    6. What do you wish your gym had? (i.e. more equipment, free tanning, discounted supplements, courts, saunas etc.)
    I wish my gym had one of the shrug things like at my old gym, but aside from that they do have all the equipment I need. I would be ecstatic if they had tanning at all, let alone free tanning. That'd be great.
    7. In order for you to buy a membership from a gym what are the things you consider? (location, size, price etc.)
    The first thing I consider are the rules of the gym. Some gyms have a great price but have stupid rules. After that I would go with location. I go to the gym at school because it's convenient for me because I'm here anyways, but during the summer I'll switch to a gym closer to home. This is followed by price. I'll pay more money to go to a gym closer to home because then I'm more motivated to go. That is followed by gym size/people there. I like the gym to not be very crowded and I don't like certain types of people that go to some of the gyms around me.
    8. Why do you go to the gym? (Sports, Weight lifting, Bulking, Socializing, staying healthy etc.)
    I go to the gym because it keeps me sane. If I didn't have my weightlifting, I would not be a happy person, and that's a fact. It makes me feel good, and I love getting the pumps in my body.
    9. Anything else you would like to add about why you go to the gym or how a gym could get you to buy a membership from them?
    A gym could get me to buy a membership from them if they didn't have initiation fees and stuff. That's always annoying. And as mentioned before, a tanning salon would be nice.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockevans is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Prefer not to answer

16-20

Yes

Not many people training

Refrigeration sucks some days

More equipment

Location and price

Weight lifting and healthly

Nope
    12% Atm.

eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    male

16-20

yes

close to home, dark, musics not loud/terrible, fair amount of big guys, pretty hardcore at time, nice amount of equipment, no fancy useless machines ( at least in the area i use)

nothing, except if i could i would make it more hardcore

nothing. im there to work out and it has everything you could possibly need. they keep it simple and thats what i like.

location, price, equipment, atmosphere

to get huge.

cater to the serious bber/pler's. theres enough sparkly white equipment gyms with 600 treadmills. there is a great need for these gyms, and they are becoming more and more rare as time goes on.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112551481

that is why im red, read before u call me out on it.

Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100) Rhh410 is not very well liked. (-100)
    1. Gender (Circle One) M

2. Age (Circle one) 16-20

3. Are you currently a member of a gym? (Circle one) Yes

There's a ton of great people and it's mostly composed of bodybuilders who're always willing to give advice or spot. It's also open 24 hours.

The cardio machines break down to much.

A sauna would be cool.

The first thing I look at is how crowded it is during peak hours. I don't want to wait more than ten minutes to jump on a piece of equipment.

I like lifting how lifting makes me feel, and is something productive to do in my spare time.

Benrc10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys you provided a lot of help.