leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

TDS Titan Rack w/ Weight Storage

Was looking at various racks with a weight storage option and the TDS PRO92580 - 84 inch version has a weight storage option. Pictured here:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro92580.html (picture on the right)

A concern though: could just be the perspective on this picture, but it appears that if you had a bar loaded with 45 lb weights, it would actually hit any 45 lb weights loaded on the weight storage pins, especially in the bench or doing low rack pulls, where there would inevitably be 45's on both your bar and the weight storage. I know that would be a pretty serious design flaw to put in to production, but the picture appears to show it.

Any owners of the the TDS Titan PRO92580 w/ weight storage that can confirm there is actually enough room between 45's (or 35's for that matter) stored on the weight storage, when a bar loaded with 45's is placed in a J-hook beside the weight storage pin with the 45's? Even if the weights don't touch, do you end up banging knuckles on 45's that clear but are too close together?

Seems like a nice rack, otherwise.

EDIT: Also, if you own the rack but not the rear weight storage, would you mind taking a tape measure to measure the length between the rear upright and the back of rear 2" X 4" floor tube? It appears the rear storage comes up right off the back of that 2X4 floor tube, so this would be the distance between the 2 uprights with the weight storage installed. Knowing the uprights are 3x3 and the size of my 45's, I could get an idea of the overall dimensions would work.
    Last edited by leonard1; 03-25-2009 at 03:55 PM.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think you might be actually be right. It doesn't look like you'll be using the rear posts with the weight rack so close to them.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's a good point but if you put the 45's and 35's on the bottom 2
    it wouldn't be a problem even if there isn't enough room.

Email NYBB and ask how much clearence there is and see what they say if you don't want to load the 45's on the bottom.

Goodluck

Originally Posted by leonard1 View Post
    Was looking at various racks with a weight storage option and the TDS PRO92580 - 84 inch version has a weight storage option. Pictured here:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro92580.html (picture on the right)

A concern though: could just be the perspective on this picture, but it appears that if you had a bar loaded with 45 lb weights, it would actually hit any 45 lb weights loaded on the weight storage pins, especially in the bench or doing low rack pulls, where there would inevitably be 45's on both your bar and the weight storage. I know that would be a pretty serious design flaw to put in to production, but the picture appears to show it.

Any owners of the the TDS Titan PRO92580 w/ weight storage that can confirm there is actually enough room between 45's (or 35's for that matter) stored on the weight storage, when a bar loaded with 45's is placed in a J-hook beside the weight storage pin with the 45's? Even if the weights don't touch, do you end up banging knuckles on 45's that clear but are too close together?

Seems like a nice rack, otherwise.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."~~~Benjamin Franklin

leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bluerain View Post
    That's a good point but if you put the 45's and 35's on the bottom 2
    it wouldn't be a problem even if there isn't enough room.

Email NYBB and ask how much clearence there is and see what they say if you don't want to load the 45's on the bottom.

Goodluck
    Thanks, Bluerain. Sent them an email asking those questions. But, I am hoping to validate what I am told by them by someone on this board who may have actually ordered the Rack and Weight Storage and loaded 45's side by side on them.

Personally, i would be "shocked" (to put it mildly) if I got this combo put together in my home, then found I could not load 45's on the bar and weight storage peg side by side. Would defeat at least part of the purpose of having the weight storage to begin with.

cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cndGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good question. I suspect their answer would be to to buy the longer (Monster) J-Hooks?

EDIT: I just checked the spec's. The space between uprights on the rack is 33", the catch area of the Monster J-Hooks is 24", which leaves a 9" gap to pass the barbell through. I guess that would work, but it would require a bit more precision when getting yourself into position.
    Last edited by cndGuy; 03-25-2009 at 04:59 PM.

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I didnt pay that much attention last time I was there. Next time I go down Ill have to take a look. It would be best to just call them. Get the guy on the phone. I forget his name but you always get shown around by the same guy he knows everything. THey have the rack setup there and would be able to tell yhou within a minute of calling. Emailing takes too long.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Out of personal preference I would look at the 8515 rack if I was you. The hole spacing on the titan is too tall. I have used the 8510 and there are a few one here who can give you good reviews for the rack. The 8515 is the same except it is deeper.

Repping crew for life.

Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    I didnt pay that much attention last time I was there. Next time I go down Ill have to take a look. It would be best to just call them. Get the guy on the phone. I forget his name but you always get shown around by the same guy he knows everything. THey have the rack setup there and would be able to tell yhou within a minute of calling. Emailing takes too long.
    If I don't get a response to my email today, will call them. Thanks for the advice.

Out of personal preference I would look at the 8515 rack if I was you. The hole spacing on the titan is too tall. I have used the 8510 and there are a few one here who can give you good reviews for the rack. The 8515 is the same except it is deeper.
    Pullbig - the 8515 looks like a very nice rack. The only issue I have with it is that I am pretty set on the idea of an attached weight storage rack. I like the convenience of the weight storage on the back of the rack. To bad they don't make a weight storage option for that rack.

As for the hole spacing on the Titan being too tall, actually I am a little confused by what is on the NYBB website. The description of the Titan doesn't indicate hole spacing. But, as I look at the pictures, the 96 inch tall version appears to have 2 inch hole spacing, at least based on my best guess looking at the picture. But, on the picture of the 84 inch rack with the weight storage, the hole spacing looks greater than 2 inches - or at least greater than that shown on the 96 inch rack next to it. So, I asked in my email what the exact distance is between holes on the 84 inch rack, as measured "on center". Can post their response if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by leonard1; 03-26-2009 at 08:52 AM.

http://newyorkbarbells.com/92563pt.html I have one of these and it works pretty well. It attaches to the back of almost any rack if that helps. The 8515 also has movable weight holders.

Repping crew for life.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I have two weight trees, each is right at the side of the rack. I've never liked the attached ones cause it make the rack stick further into the room.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

I asked the info alias at Newyorkbarbells.com the questions I posted here. I have to say I am still a bit skeptical given the picture I posted and would still like to get the personal experience of someone who bought the Titan rack with weight storage.

Also, it appears that the adjustments for the J-hooks is 2 inches on center.

Anyway, here are the questions I sent them:

I have a few questions regarding your 84 inch Titan Rack (PRO92580-84) with the weight storage (C-PRO92580PR). It is pictured at this link on your website:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro92580.html

1. Based on the picture of the rack with weight storage, there does not appear to be enough room to be able to have an Olympic bar on J-hooks loaded with 45 lb plates along side one of the weight storage pegs that is also loaded with 45's. In the picture at the above link, it appears that there is insufficient room to be able to do that, due to how close the weight storage rack is to the upright.

Is there enough room to load an olympic bar with 45 lb plates while there are also 45 lb plates on an adjacent weight storage peg? Or, would the 45 plates interfere with each other? How far is the plate storage upright from the squat cage upright?

2. What is the spacing of the holes - as measured "on center" or from the top of one hole to the top of the next hole - used for the J-hooks and spotter pins on the Titan power rack (PRO92580-84)?

3. What is the max rated weight that can be used on the Titan Rack (PRO92580-84)?

Thank you for helping with my questions.
    Here is the response sent by New York Barbells:

Good morning,
    The Olympic bar with 45lb plates will clear the storage rack with 45lb plates. J-hooks are 2" on center line. Max weight is 1000lbs plus. Thank you, New York Barbells
    Going to see if I can find a local dealer that happens to have a Titan with a weight storage set up, to verify the clearance for myself.

also, with 2 inch adjustments on the J-Hooks, this looks like a set up I may have to add to my list of possibles. Not sure it is worth the premium over this rack for something like an Elite 2X2, Westside Combo Rack, or Texas Strength Systems. But, will start a new thread when it comes time to make that decision.

Again, your experiences with the NYBB titan rack and weight storage is appreciated.

candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You sent all that and got a one sentence reply? Based on his reply, I would still be skeptical too. I wouldnt buy the rack with the weight storage unless someone on here can vouch for it working.

here is the wind up on the 84 inch Titan TDS rack with weight storage. I emailed NYBB back to verify hole spacing and clearance of 45 lb plates on the weight storage and the bar. Here is the response:

All our racks have 2" centerline spacing on the vertical holes. The distance from the inside of the rear post to the centerline of the storage post is 22". This would be 4+ inches between 45 lbs plates. Thank you.
    So, vertical holes are confirmed to be 2 inch on center spacing.

Also, the measure of 22 inches between weight storage peg centerline and the inside of the back upright - where the approx centerline of the Oly bar would be - appears to provide plenty of clearance. Based on my plates, I needed at least 18 inches of clearance, so the 4 inches of clearance referenced by NYBB seems to be consistent with my measuresments.

So, this appears to be a pretty good option for those wanting reasonable j-hook spacing and weight storage on a rack.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Nice info!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17