marts12345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Injury can?t work my legs ? now what?

Hi ?.. I took a hit on my knee in soccer and I can no longer work my legs with weights. EG. Squats, lunges etc etc.

I will continue to work my upper but still want to do something on my lower body. I can still swim etc.

Can anyone suggest some alternatives so my legs don?t suffer?

Thanks in advance.

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just focus on your upper until your knee fully heals. no sense in hurting yourself anymore than you already are. if you can and want to swim, go for it.
    - Rep "super stupid jeans" pics on sight

OK, although I will be out of weights on my legs for over 3 months. Still suggest the same?

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by marts12345 View Post
    OK, although I will be out of weights on my legs for over 3 months. Still suggest the same?
    better 3 months than making it worse.

swimming can definitely help. what's the injury exactly? i dont think you'll be completely away from weights because you have to rehab it correct? so if anything it will be really light and focusing on gaining strength back.

at least thats how it was for me when i tore my hammy
    - Rep "super stupid jeans" pics on sight

stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevejuice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    after 3 months you'll def notice a difference in leg strength and size but that all comes back quick after you are back from an injury

I have what is classed as "runners knee" (A softening or wearing away and cracking of the cartilage under the kneecap, resulting in pain and inflammation. The cartilage becomes like sandpaper because the kneecap is not riding smoothly over the knee. ) I have small bits of the cartilage that have come out from under my knee and now float around the front of my patela. Not to painfull just cant walk up stairs well and cant squat etc.

CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marts12345 View Post
    I have what is classed as "runners knee" (A softening or wearing away and cracking of the cartilage under the kneecap, resulting in pain and inflammation. The cartilage becomes like sandpaper because the kneecap is not riding smoothly over the knee. ) I have small bits of the cartilage that have come out from under my knee and now float around the front of my patela. Not to painfull just cant walk up stairs well and cant squat etc.
    osgood schlatters disease here, I can do anything with weights like squats but, I can't touch my knee to the ground in lunges or I cry lol. I have to have a little cushion like .5inches thick and it no longer bothers me.
    New to BB, need some green to spread.

owe greens to