Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)

Bebeklein Goes to Rehab in 8 Weeks

I've developed some bad eating habits lately - all related to weekend activities. I've been hitting up Denny's late night, drinking margaritas (possibly the worst kind of alcohol one can have), and eating fried catfish. I figure if I do the journaling thing and put it out there publicly, I'll be more accountable and not slide on the nutrition side. And besides, I thought it would be fun

Right now my goal is simple: 10lbs in 8 weeks and bikini ready for Rehab in Vegas by Memorial Day. This means keeping the booty perky and dropping body fat so the muscles in my legs show and my stomach has less loving to it . I'm guessing I want to be somewhere around 115 - 117 lbs, but it's more about what I see in the mirror. I haven't stepped on the scale in over a month but I'm expecting 125...maybe more. I'll post weight, stats, and starting pics tomorrow.

The Workout:
    Mon & Fri: Legs followed by 30 min cardio (alternate b/n stepmill, stairmaster and elliptical)
    Tues & Thu: AM 15 min jump rope/or 15 min HIIT 30s sprint 1 min walk; PM 1 hr of pole dancing
    Wed: Alternate weeks between 1.5hr hike/1 hr P90X plyometrics
    Sat: 1hr rollerblading
    Sun: 1 hr yoga followed by 1 hr hiking

For the M&F leg workout, I'm following a 5 week program in Oxygen's Sep 2008 mag called "Get Great Glutes."

As for nutrition, I eat healthy foods but have difficulties with my macros. I eat more carbs than I should and find it hard to get in as much protein as I should. I'll be consuming 1400 cals and shooting for a 40/35/25 breakdown which is around 140g/120g/40g. I'm looking at 300 cals for breakfast, 400 for lunch & dinner, and 2 150 cal snacks. I'm also bad with the late night snacking. It's healthy but usually a carb fest.

I'm not a very good cook, so I'm always on the lookout for simple recipes that taste great. If you have them, please share!
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-24-2009 at 01:17 AM.

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Now for the inspirational pics! I tend to focus more on the lower body and the legs/abs on all these ladies keep me motivated. Halle Berry is in her 40s and a diabetic and looks phenomenal! Marzia Prince and Michelle Levesque are fitness models. 'Nuff said

Last edited by bebeklein; 03-24-2009 at 01:28 AM.

This is the 5 week leg workout from Oxygen I'll be doing on Mondays and Fridays. Not sure what I'll do for weeks 6 - 8 yet but I will come up with something.

Week 1: Supersets, 3 sets 10 reps
    V Squats
    Glute bridge

Lying hamstring curl
    SLDL

Stability ball hamstring curl
    Leg press

Week 2: Giant Sets, 3 sets 10 reps
    SLDL
    Plie squat
    Reverse lunge and lift
    Glute bridge

Week 3: Oxford Method, 3 sets 10 reps
    Incline leg press
    Deadlift
    Reverse hyperextension
    Cable kickback

Week 4: Compound Sets, 4 sets 12 reps
    Squats
    Buttblaster

SLDL
    Glute bridge

Walking lunges
    Leg extension

Week 5: Drop Sets, 4 sets 15 reps
    Bulgarian split squat
    Leg press
    SLDL
    Cable kickback
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-24-2009 at 01:30 AM.

Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Bebeklein!!! Great to see you have started a journal! I love your workouts, lot's of different activities in there to keep you having fun and staying interested.

I'll have to look up some of the exercises from the Oxygen work out as I'm not sure what they are, but it looks like a great leg workout overall.

Looking forward to following your nutrition.

Those are some mighty fine inspirational pictures! Those ladies have been working it!!!!
    SeaWren's Journey to a New Me
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112319701

I couldn't find my camera today so starting pics are pending. This is a pic of me from Feb of last year and I was about 118-120. I carry most of my BF in my hamstrings with abs a close second. If I can get a little leaner than this I'll be golden. I've found I really can't go below 115 because I end up losing weight in my upper body which at that point doesn't have anything to give and I look too skinny in the face.

Stats:
    Weight: 126.5 (Goal: 115)
    Waist: 28" (Goal: 26")
    Hips: 38" (Goal: 36 or 37")
    Thigh: 22.5"

Using the FatTrackII my BF% came to 18.1% but I think that's too low. I am probably closer to 21-23%. For the 3 measurements, my readings varied so I'm not going to worry too much about this. I've always had problems with these calipers. Operator error lol!

Tris: 11-17mm so I took 14 for the avg
    Abs: 11 -16mm so I took 14 for the avg
    Thigh: 9-14mm so I took 13 for an avg

Supplements:
    I prefer not to use protein powders, but every now and then on a leg day I will use Jay Robb's whey since I feel they use quality ingredients.

I like to keep it simple and take these:
    -multi
    -CLA tonalin (keeps my skin soft and helps with cellulite and fat loss)
    -either fish oil, flax seed, and walnuts for Omega-3.
    -Supplemental beauty cocktail which consists of: alpha lipoic acid, biotin, boron, chromium, COQ10, Vitamin E, green tea, lutein, and selenium

I used to buy this Olay Vitamins Total Effects Beautiful Skin and Wellness package which contained just 4 pills (multi, CoQ10, Vitamin E, and alpha lipoic with green tea). It's supposed to fight the signs of aging - Vitamin E to smooth skin texture, CoQ10 to release energy from carbohydrates and lipids to cells to fight free radicals, and Alpha Lipoic Acid with Green Tea to enhance antioxidant performance and prevent skin puffiness. But they discontinued it so I decided to fabricate my own version of this beauty cocktail by comparing the contents in the Olay product with my multi, so those 9 pills make up the difference.

http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Vitamins-.../dp/B0000B11W0
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-24-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Originally Posted by Seawren View Post
    Hi Bebeklein!!! Great to see you have started a journal! I love your workouts, lot's of different activities in there to keep you having fun and staying interested.

I'll have to look up some of the exercises from the Oxygen work out as I'm not sure what they are, but it looks like a great leg workout overall.

Looking forward to following your nutrition.

Those are some mighty fine inspirational pictures! Those ladies have been working it!!!!
    Thanks for coming along for the ride Seawren! The nutrition part will be interesting for me too. I'm really going to trying to hit my macros which means a lot less carbs than what I've been eating. Seems like that's the easy part for you.

Today I spent some time loading my food into sparkpeople. My meals have changed since I last used it and I forget how time-consuming it can be initially.

Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bebeklein you look great now!!!!! You have a great starting place and with a little focus and consistent diet and exercise you are going to be smoking! Halle, Marzia and Michelle had better be looking out for you!!!

If you build some muscle you'll be able to lean your legs out more without getting that shrunken top look!

You didn't mention weight training for your upper body, but I think you should add it for sure.

Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    Thanks for coming along for the ride Seawren! The nutrition part will be interesting for me too. I'm really going to trying to hit my macros which means a lot less carbs than what I've been eating. Seems like that's the easy part for you.

Today I spent some time loading my food into sparkpeople. My meals have changed since I last used it and I forget how time-consuming it can be initially.
    Don't forget to check out calorieking.com. It costs $40.00 a year or there abouts to use the ONLINE version (I like that better than downloading it) and it's compatible with Blackberry's if you use a Blackberry. Calorieking has an awesome food database and a ton of branded foods in it. I really like it a lot!

Bebeklein you look great now!!!!! You have a great starting place and with a little focus and consistent diet and exercise you are going to be smoking! Halle, Marzia and Michelle had better be looking out for you!!!

If you build some muscle you'll be able to lean your legs out more without getting that shrunken top look!

You didn't mention weight training for your upper body, but I think you should add it for sure.
    Awe thanks Seawren! I'm about 8 lbs heavier than in that pic but I should be able to get back to that (and hopefully a little tighter) in 8 weeks.

I'm not sure how much muscle I can build in my legs while trying to lean out and at only 1400 cals. I definitely want to maintain what I have but if I can build more I'll certainly take it!

My pole dancing is my upper body workout lol! It's body weight ya know. But I have to confess, I don't have to do a lot to maintain my arms so I don't work them out that much and I'm fairly satisfied with the way they are now. But yea sometimes I think they feel neglected so I'll crank out a few pushups

Awe thanks Seawren! I'm about 8 lbs heavier than in that pic but I should be able to get back to that (and hopefully a little tighter) in 8 weeks.

I'm not sure how much muscle I can build in my legs while trying to lean out and at only 1400 cals. I definitely want to maintain what I have but if I can build more I'll certainly take it!

My pole dancing is my upper body workout lol! It's body weight ya know. But I have to confess, I don't have to do a lot to maintain my arms so I don't work them out that much and I'm fairly satisfied with the way they are now. But yea sometimes I think they feel neglected so I'll crank out a few pushups

LOL! I saw the pole dancing in your list of activities. Is that personal or professional ? Do you have a pole at home? I thought it sounded fun!!!

Don't forget to check out calorieking.com. It costs $40.00 a year or there abouts to use the ONLINE version (I like that better than downloading it) and it's compatible with Blackberry's if you use a Blackberry. Calorieking has an awesome food database and a ton of branded foods in it. I really like it a lot!
    I researched all the food databases at one point and I think calorieking came in second for me. I think the dealbreaker was either I couldn't add in foods with with my own serving measurement (like oz, etc) or it only had grams no ounces and I just couldn't get with that program.

I researched all the food databases at one point and I think calorieking came in second for me. I think the dealbreaker was either I couldn't add in foods with with my own serving measurement (like oz, etc) or it only had grams no ounces and I just couldn't get with that program.

Hmmhmm, maybe. I haven't had any problems with it, but any one of those food databases has it's pluses so it just boils down to the one that works best for you.

Are you in the US? Are you metric based?

LOL! I saw the pole dancing in your list of activities. Is that personal or professional ? Do you have a pole at home? I thought it sounded fun!!!
    Totally personal! I'd probably have to pay someone to watch me at the skill level I'm at now. In the past I've taken salsa and belly dancing classes so I like taking on projects like these.

I'm following the Art of Pole DVDs 1 & 2 by Jamilla Deville. I took a 6 week class back in 2007 and then for the same price bought a pole for my home and figured I could learn from DVDs and others on youtube. There's a huge community out there.

I've only touched the pole twice this year so I'd really like to get the basics down. My plan is to do Jamilla's DVDs for a month and then switch over to youtube and follow a Pole-o-Pedia tutorial put together by Redke71. It takes an incredible amount of strength in your arms, hand grip, abs, and legs. I can make decent progress in 2 months but my goal is to be able to put together a routine like this in 6 months...maybe a year. I think she rocks; very fluid and graceful!

But right now poldedancefan is my favorite poler! Gets off to a slow start.
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-24-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Well I'm impressed!!!!

March 24, 2009

Food
    B: Oatmeal, egg, .5 c FF greek yog, .5 grapefruit, 2c coffee splash of FF milk, 2 CLA tonalin
    S1: WW toast, mozzarella, tomato, coffee splash of FF milk
    L: Stuffed red bell pepper with 3.5 oz canned chicken, .75c 2% CC, red onion, 2 CLA tonalin, 2 fish oil caps, vitamins
    S2: 1c FF milk, cacao powder
    D: .75c 2% CC, banana, stevia, cinnamon (not the intended meal cuz it was late )
    1178cals 111/126/30 36%p/41%c/22%f
    Goal 1400 140/120/40 40%p/35%c/25%f

Cardio
    AM: 15 min of the rope sport DVD (rope broke 2 minutes into it)
    PM: 1 hour of Pole Katz DVD. My Art of Pole DVD wasn't working

When it rains it pours. Woke up with a headache, spent an hour looking for my camera so I could take pics then said forget it, I'm starving and I need to do cardio fasted. Then about 2 minutes into jump roping my rope broke. (Don't buy a Rope Sport/Go Fit jump rope. The rubber will break off and I've only had mine 6 months.) Maybe I will buy a beaded one. Have to check out what's available at Target.

Wanted to share one of my fav vids of jump roping. Amazing tricks!

Pole Work: Felt like I was starting all over again. I lost a lot of strength from the last time I was on it and had trouble with the 1 arm moves. Also, my legs couldn't get a good grip because of the lotion I put on in the morning so I'm gonna have to shower before my work out next time.

Diet: Recording everything in my food diary definitely kept me from mindless munching because I didn't want to take the time to load it in sparkpeople! However my afternoon snack and dinner were light in cals. Dinner was light because I didn't eat until 11:30 so I wasn't very hungry (this off-timing is rare for me). However, even though I was under cals for the day I was over in my carbs. It's really breakfast that has the extra carbs but I prefer to keep my fruit in the diet and oatmeal is quick and easy to make. Instead of a 40%/35%/25%, I may end up with 40%/40%/20% which is what I've always done in the past.
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-25-2009 at 12:33 AM.

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey just stopping in to show my support! I think you are off to a great start! Those leg workouts from Oxygen sound intense! I might have to use one of those routines for my leg day! Yeah it does take a lot of strength for pole dancing and I would think coordination to be able to swing your body around like that...kudos to you! I know that is a great workout!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

That jumproper makes it look SO EASY and it is SO NOT!!! He is really good!

Great start on your nutrition!

March 25, 2009

Food
    B: Kashi creamy hot cereal, .5c FF greek yog, .5 grapefruit, 2 CLA tonalin
    S1: banana and hard boiled egg
    L: 3 shrimp tacos (6 oz shrimp, 3 tblsp salsa, cilantro, lime and corn tortillas) and salad w/ tomato & balsamic dressing, 2 fish oil caps, vitamins
    S2: 1c FF milk, cacao powder, stevia, 3 walnuts
    D: oven baked cod and parmesan sweet potato fries (first time making this recipe which I found on http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes...t-potato-fries) Also a side of cucumbers and onions in ACV, 2 CLA tonalin
    1470 cals 119/170/34 33%p/46%c/21%f
    Goal 1400 140/120/40 40%p/35%c/25%f

Cardio
    1 hr 15 min 3.5 mile hike, 1300 ft.

I can't seem to find my camera so I can take pics. It's not in any of the logical places. It reminds me of the time I put my phone in the refrigerator when I was unloading groceries. I think the same thing is going on with my cam and perhaps I should check the laundry hamper . But I'm done looking; it'll show up sooner or later.

Diet: My cals were on target, but I can't seem do get down to 35% carbs so I'm going to to do a 35/40/25 split. 35% protein will give me about 125g which is my body weight and I'm ok w/that. Also, the 3rd corn tortilla at lunch is what sent me into overtime so next time I'll keep it to 2. And I need to up my fat a bit. Otherwise, all good.

So I tried out a new fish and recipe. I've been looking for a tilapia replacement because the kind I buy from Costco is imported from Honduras and I'm not certain about the quality. I picked up some cod and I'm gonna keep on looking Maybe I'll try some trout. But the paprika parmesan sweet potato fries are a keeper! So simple and a nice twist from the usual potato version I eat.

Today was the second time I gave myself a lactic peel (starting off with 40%) after I ordered a kit online. So in another 8 weeks, not only will I have a new and improved physique, but hopefully better skin! I had started going to an esthetician for these (before I was doing microdermabrasions but discovered the peels are far superior) and I've found out you can buy them online and save lots of money - a $40 bottle should give me 22 peels! I got mine here. http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/c...eels-10-1.html
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-25-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Originally Posted by hmotb555 View Post
    Hey just stopping in to show my support! I think you are off to a great start!
    I appreciate the love hotmom

He is really good!

Great start on your nutrition!
    Yea, he is way better than my cinderalla dressed in yella version and thanx!

Your food looks good for today! Sounds like a nice long hike!!!!

Hey Bebeklein - tell me about these peels that you do. I haven't done any. I've had pretty decent skin and felt I looked good for my age (53) up until I gained all this weight. (ugh)

Now that I'm losing it I need to "fluff" the rest of me. Are they hard to do? Does your skin burn? I just need the basic 411 on them.

Good planiing on your part to start these while you are firming up and leaning out!

Hey Bebeklein - tell me about these peels that you do. I haven't done any. I've had pretty decent skin and felt I looked good for my age (53) up until I gained all this weight. (ugh)

Now that I'm losing it I need to "fluff" the rest of me. Are they hard to do? Does your skin burn? I just need the basic 411 on them.

Good planiing on your part to start these while you are firming up and leaning out!
    So easy! You prep face w/a pH, apply the solution to your face for about 3 - 7 mins and then wash off. My skin gets a little red and there is a tingly sensation, but everything returns to normal soon after, there is no down time. The kits come with very specific instructions. Oh, and you MUST apply sunscreen religiously

I apply the solution with a fanbrush which I bought for $5 from Joann's fabrics in the art/paint section (beats paying Smashbox $22) but you could use a cotton ball too.

I have dry skin, but my pores tend to get clogged so I was doing the micro once a month and the exfoliation helped w/that. When I asked about chemical peels, my esthetician said they were better because on top of the exfoliation, they also address pigmentation/sunspots (which I have some of) fine wrinkles (TG not yet but I'm all about the preventative), and acne.

I'm starting off with a mild version so I apply them weekly and I need 6 - 8 treatments to see results. AHAs are the mildest, followed by BHAs, and then TCAs. I believe with the TCAs your skin does peel, but the results are phenomenal and require fewer applications. Best to start off small and work your way up! I know someone who started off with light lactic (like me) then switched to glycolic and worked up to 60%, and then switched to 8% TCA and got up to 18% which is pretty strong.

For more info check out this site and click on the links on the fright for lactic, glycolic, and TCA peels. http://www.aboardcertifiedplasticsur...eel/index.html

This also has some good 411 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_peel
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-28-2009 at 02:15 PM.

When I'm done updating sparkpeople I'll have a couple of posts to add here.

In the meantime, here's some entertainment

I'm a fan of Robin Thicke and I really love this song Dreamworld even though it makes me sad....I always get stuck on the part about Marvin Gaye's dad.

If anyone remembers the dad from Growing Pains, Alan Thicke; this is his son.

Last edited by bebeklein; 03-28-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Starting pics from 3.26

Definitely looking to trim the fat around tummy, hamstrings and thighs. I've been eating/drinking dirty for the last 6 weeks so lets see what 8 weeks will get me

Oh, found my cam in between some sheets I folded but hadn't put away yet.
    Attached Images

Day 3 - March 26

Food
    B: Scrambled Eggs Rancheros (recipe from http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes...eggs-rancheros), 2c coffee w/splash FF milk, 2 Tonalin CLA
    S1: Mozzarella and apple
    L: 5 oz. top sirloin steak salad with tomatoes, artichoke hearts & dijon balsamic vinaigrette; .5 grapefruit, .25lb asparagus splash of EVOO, 2 fish oil, vitamins
    S2: 1 scrumdelicious homemade choc chip cookie when I visited gramps today
    D: 4 oz chicken breast sauteed w/tomatoes, red onion, splash of EVOO, topped with parmesan & .75c broccoli, 2 fish oil
    S3: .3c FF greek yogurt, handful of blueberries
    S4: apple

1751 cals 131/175/61 30%p/40%c/31%f
    Goal:
    1400 cals 123/140/39 35%p/40%c/25%f

Cardio
    AM: 15 minute of fasted jump rope
    PM: 1 hour of Jamilla Deville Art of Pole Vol 1

Diet: After I posted my diary for the 25th I got the munchies and I think I had 3 mini carrots, a bite of an apple, couple of cucumber slices, 2 walnuts and a mouthful of honey nut cheerios. Late night is my kryptonite, so I've decided to keep a bottle of mouthwash in my kitchen and I'm gonna tape my inspirational pics on my fridge. When I get the urge to splurge at night I'll just grab the mouthwash and anything after that should taste like yuk!

Tried out a new recipe for breakfast and it tasted great and was very filling but it's something I would normally make on a weekend. I overcooked it a tad because I didn't notice the instructions said to cover it. I might also consider scrambling it and for a lighter version I could leave out the toast...so lesson learned for next time. I'm gonna try this one out one more time and see if it makes it into my rotation.

And obviously the cookie was a splurge and snacks 3 & 4 were to get me through my PM cardio workout.

Cardio: I really love jump roping early in the morning. In 15 min I get up a good sweat and it lifts me up mentally. And good news, I was able to repair my rope so I didn't have to go out and buy a new one!

Forty-five minutes into my pole dancing I felt like passing out so I had to stop and have a snack. I'm gonna have to eat more carbs at dinner - maybe a banana - before doing this work out. And I still have a long ways to go. Some moves I just try and try and try and fail and fail and fail and it just feels like it's never gonna come together, but a couple clicked today and that's a good feeling. This really takes patience and persistence. And I'm getting a blister on my right hand
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-29-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Sidebar: So in my workout I have scheduled 15min of fasted AM cardio alternating b/n a week of jump roping, and then another week of HIIT treadmill, w/30 second sprints followed by 1 min fast walking.

Well, I've read a couple of Chad Waterbury's articles and I'm going to make some slight modifications.

This will be my new program instead of the treadmill
    1. Sprints - Run at top speed for 10 seconds; Perform 8 sprints with one minute of rest between each run.
    2. Swings - With my 15 # kettlebell perform five sets of swings for 10 seconds. Rest 45 seconds between each set.

New jump roping program (I'm taking this outside!)
    -15 seconds of rope jumping as fast as possible
    -45 seconds of jogging
    -15 seconds of squat thrusts
    -45 seconds of jogging
    -Repeat for 20 minutes
    In a nutshell, I jump rope at odd minutes and do squat thrusts at even minutes. With each subsequent week I'll add 5 seconds to the rope jumping and squat thrusts (which means jogging time goes down). See breakout below

Rope Jump (odd min) & Squat Thrusts (even min)/Jogging
    Week 1: 15 sec/45 sec
    Week 2: 20 sec/40 sec
    Week 3: 25 sec/35 sec

Here are the articles:
    Booty Building: http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/art...a_hard_ass&cr=
    Fat Loss: http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/art...every_girl&cr=

Also, I won't be doing this fasted. I'll have .5 scoop of whey protein in water.

Why the change?
    Goal 1: Booty building. He recommends keeping sprints to 10 seconds no more. I also miss my kettlebell so I like that I get to add it back in
    Goal 2: Fat loss. I can kick up my jump roping program and it looks like fun! Excuse to go outside and let my neighbors see how crazy I really am

Now my only problem is I need an alarm that goes off at 15 second & 45 second intervals.
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-29-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Day 4 - March 27

Food
    B: Apple oatmeal, egg, .5 grapefruit, 2 CLA tonalin
    L: Ate out - shrimp, calamari, mussels, scallops in a tomato basil wine broth; white pita with parmesan, and a small box of raisins
    PWO: 12 oz FF milk, Jay Robb Vanilla Whey, .5c frozen blueberries (added these for the first time and so yummy)
    D: 5oz tuna, tblsp lite mayo, pickle relish, 8 saltines;
    S1: apple and mozzarella, 1c frozen blueberries
    1628 cals 131/191/36 32%p/47%c/20%f
    Goal:

Sep 2008 Oxygen Get Great Glutes Week 1 - Super Sets; 3 sets/10 Reps 1 min rest
    WU: 10 min Precor (no arms) level 9, ~102 cals
    WU: 15 Oly bar squats

V Squat
    130# <-------Could have gone heavier
    -SS-
    BB Glute Bridge (20 reps) <--- (The Oxygen program originally called for Hanging Leg Raises. I don't do direct ab work since I like a softer look so I threw these in instead.)
    40#
    I do these on the bench; not the floor. Only my neck and upper back lie on the bench then I lower and lift my hips.

Lying Leg Curl
    80#, 80#, 65# <---Machine goes from 65 to 80, skips the 70s which is what I really need
    -SS-
    BB SLDL
    70#

Hamstring Curl on Stability Ball
    -SS-
    Leg Press
    275#

Cardio: 20 min stairmaster level 11, ~185 cals

Diet: I ate out for lunch and the pita is probably what put me over in cals & carbs. Or you could say I had too many servings of fruit. I buy those large organic apples from Costco which are about 125 cals w/around 32g of carbs, so I should probably eat just half of one. Lowering my carbs is my biggest challenge and I'm going to have to keep my fruit intake in check for fat loss purposes. So far I haven't been planning my meals ahead of time because I first wanted to see what I naturally gravitate toward.

I used the calculator in this article to determine my carbs for fat loss and it ranged from 85g to 141g. The high end is my goal, so I really need to lock that down. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/peggy4.htm

Workout was great. They usually are
    -I could go heavier on the V squat, but I'm so short that in order to get the lever back up since my arm can't reach it from the down position, I have to balance on one leg and w/my other one I do a side kick to push the lever back up.
    -I've never been sure if I do SLDLs correctly even tho I've watched hundreds of videos on form. I don't think I feel them as much as I should in the hams/glutes and worry my back may be doing too much. I also keep my back straight and never round it.
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-29-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Bebeklein - you have a great starting point bodywise! With some real concentration you are going to be smoking!

I get a real kick out of your pole dancing. I just can't imagine having a pole or spending an hour at it. I bet it's a great workout though! I imagine you do have to watch out for the palm caluses!!!

Looks like you are experimenting with your food in order to find something that works for you. Evenings ARE the hardest, aren't they! The carbs seem to call to me!

I don't keep Listerine in the kitchen but as soon as I'm done with my last meal I do the whole dental hygeine thing with brushing, water picing, flossing, etc. and then if I think about eating I realize I'll have to go through the whole thing all over - sometimes that's enough to stop me!!! Good luck. Go forth and snack not!

When you do your weight workout do you go to a gym? It's nice that a lot of your workouts you can do at home.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Seawren! Yes I work out at the gym; and fortunately it's not too crowded.

I need to water pick like you. I bet your pearly whites beat out Vanna White's. They look great in your avi too

I was reading up on the Scivation C.H.A diet today to get some insights or see what I could take away; but if I buy PB I'll want to put it on a cracker or in b/n two slices of bread, with bananas & honey It's amazing to me that people can go so low carb. http://www.scivationbooks.com/books/...eeks_Women.pdf
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-29-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Day 5 - March 28 Saturday

Food
    B: Oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, .5 grapefruit, .5c FF greek yogurt
    S1: 2 cups coffee splash of FF milk, couple of walnuts
    L: 3.75 oz herring w/hot green chiles, 4 crackers, 10 asparagus, 2 CLA tonalin
    S2: .75c 2% CC, .5 banana
    PWO: 8 oz FF milk, Jay Robb Vanilla Whey, .5c frozen blueberries, .5 banana
    D: 5oz tilapia, tomato, and onion w/1tsp EVOO, .75c broccoli, .5 sweet potato, stevia tsp margarine spread, 2 CLA tonalin

1631 cals 131/161/60 31%p/37%c/38%f
    Goal:

Cardio
    2 hrs 15 min rollerblading ~17.5 miles<---Original plan was only 1 hr but I had my ipod on and was enjoying the ride.

http://www.walkjogrun.net/ is a really cool website if you walk jog or run of course, but also for bikers and rollerbladers. You can map your route and it will calculate the number of miles for you.

Diet: I went slightly over in cals and carbs because of my PWO shake (~277 cals) but I'm ok with the extra cals since I rollerbladed twice as long. According to this calculator rollerblading burns up ~361 cals an hour. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp

But, I'd still like to keep my carbs to 140g even if I consume extra cals. Again, some fruit could have been eliminated. I didn't need both raisins and grapefruit for breakfast, or I didn't need both a banana & blueberries in my PWO. Also, a good portion of my carbs were eaten at breakfast, ~48g so that means less for me at other meals and I need to keep that in mind.

These Beach Cliff Fish Steaks are new for me. I love them, they are very tasty, a great source of Omega-3 and of course easy to prepare! Great for on-the go to. http://www.beachcliff.info/beachclif...p?flavourid=93
    Last edited by bebeklein; 03-30-2009 at 12:48 PM.