TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How many times should I work out a week to gain mass?

I started getting serious about working out about 2 weeks ago, I changed my diet accordingly and get enough protein and eat as healthy as possible. I would like to gain about 20-25 pounds of lean mass by the end of the year(I dunno if thats realistic or not, plz lemme know.) so anyways my question is, is this a good routine to gain mass?

Mon-arms, traps
    Tue, chest
    Thurs,shoulder,back
    Fri,arms

I'm just wondering, does working out on consecutive days slow down muscle growth? I know muscle grows during rest, but i wanna know if it is better for me do a 3 day routine, rather then 4?

-I dont work my legs atm, because i feel my upperbody is alot weaker compared to lower, so i wanna focus on upperbody and let it catch up.

Thanks
    '

imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can definitely get that much muscle by the end of the year. If you are completely new to bodybuilding and young (seeing as you are 18), you can workout consecutively with little rest. The split looks good.
    akkxn - just lift heavy ****.

tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mon-arms, traps
    Tue, chest
    Thurs,shoulder,back
    Fri,arms

lolled =\

edit:id do 2 leg training a week before doing even 1 arm training a week :P

dont train your arms twice a week.. your already working em when u do other bodypart

thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TdotCharger View Post
    I started getting serious about working out about 2 weeks ago, I changed my diet accordingly and get enough protein and eat as healthy as possible. I would like to gain about 20-25 pounds of lean mass by the end of the year(I dunno if thats realistic or not, plz lemme know.) so anyways my question is, is this a good routine to gain mass?

Mon-arms, traps
    Tue, chest
    Thurs,shoulder,back
    Fri,arms

I'm just wondering, does working out on consecutive days slow down muscle growth? I know muscle grows during rest, but i wanna know if it is better for me do a 3 day routine, rather then 4?

-I dont work my legs atm, because i feel my upperbody is alot weaker compared to lower, so i wanna focus on upperbody and let it catch up.

Thanks
    '

Not a big fan of your split man... You need to work you large muscles before your small muscles.. for example don't work tri's before chest... also personally I don't like working shoulders the day after you work chest, thats a aot of stress on your front delts as they get heavy work on the bench presses. You can work them the same day or two days later..You said u don't want to work your legs but I would still work them, as working your legs can actually make you upper body bigger (raises testosterone)... and no, working out on consecutive days is NOT bad... you need 2 for the most part in my opinion.. if you want to work your arms more, just prioritze them... hit them harder or first or in the beginning and end of your workout
    Last edited by thereaperman; 03-23-2009 at 11:53 PM.

TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) TdotCharger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thereaperman View Post
    Not a big fan of your split man... You need to work you large muscles before your small muscles.. for example don't work tri's before chest... also personally I don't like working shoulders the day after you work chest, thats a aot of stress on your front delts as they get heavy work on the bench presses. You can work them the same day or two days later..You said u don't want to work your legs but I would still work them, as working your legs can actually make you upper body bigger (raises testosterone)... and no, working out on consecutive days is NOT bad... you need 2 for the most part in my opinion.. if you want to work your arms more, just prioritze them... hit them harder or first or in the beginning and end of your workout
    Alright I think i can do a bit of the legs,but as you were saying working out the large muscles before small.How about this split?

Mon-arms, chest
    Tue, back, traps
    Thurs,shoulders
    Fri,arms,legs

thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TdotCharger View Post
    Alright I think i can do a bit of the legs,but as you were saying working out the large muscles before small.How about this split?

Mon-arms, chest
    Tue, back, traps
    Thurs,shoulders
    Fri,arms,legs

Thats better... I have seen John Hanson, who posts on here and is all natural Mr. Olympia, recommend something like this.. which is similiar to the one you just posted.. He has a book called natural bodybuilding that I recommend you should get as well.

Monday-chest, bi, tri
    Tusday - legs
    Wednesday- off
    Thursday - back, shoulders
    Friday - off
    Saturday - (repeat starting with chest, etc)

You can make adjustments as you wish.. I would make legs a steady part of your routine as opposed to every other like you have, just for consistency and will be easier to follow. Just don't hit them as hard or do less sets. There are a few splits that i like and there are many out there you just need to find what works best for you through trial and error.

Originally Posted by thereaperman View Post
    Thats better... I have seen John Hanson, who posts on here and is all natural Mr. Olympia, recommend something like this.. which is similiar to the one you just posted.. He has a book called natural bodybuilding that I recommend you should get as well.

Monday-chest, bi, tri
    Tusday - legs
    Wednesday- off
    Thursday - back, shoulders
    Friday - off
    Saturday - (repeat starting with chest, etc)

You can make adjustments as you wish.. I would make legs a steady part of your routine as opposed to every other like you have, just for consistency and will be easier to follow. Just don't hit them as hard or do less sets. There are a few splits that i like and there are many out there you just need to find what works best for you through trial and error.
    thanks for all the advice bro