Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bench Press vs. Floor Press

What are the differences between the two in terms of what they work, the benefits of them as well as the cons of them?

tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    floor press its half range of motion

bench press would work your chest way more

BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The Floor Press actually engages pecs, triceps and delts more than the bench press does. Dave Tate knows what he is talking about-he is the king of bench press training.

By doing it from the floor you eliminate all other movement.
    www.********.com/relentlessgym
    www.relentlessgym.com

www.twitter.com/berelentless23

-Be Relentless-

BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The best max effort exercises for the bench press are the Floor Press, Board Press, Close Grip Bench Press, JM Press, and Reverse Band Presses. All Pressing motions! As with the squat and dead lift max effort exercises, there are several variations of each movement. Each exercise has a specific function. For instance, the floor press takes your legs out of the motion so greater emphasis is placed on the pecs, delts and triceps. The close grip incline press takes your lats out of the motion so there is greater emphasis placed on the deltoids and triceps. The board press also take your lats out of the motion and provide you with the opportunity to train at specific points of the bench press.

from dave tate

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength...ves/dtate5.htm
    www.relentlessgym.com

-Be Relentless-

Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rachafella2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BeRelentless23 View Post
    The Floor Press actually engages pecs, triceps and delts more than the bench press does. Dave Tate knows what he is talking about-he is the king of bench press training.

The best max effort exercises for the bench press are the Floor Press, Board Press, Close Grip Bench Press, JM Press, and Reverse Band Presses. All Pressing motions! As with the squat and dead lift max effort exercises, there are several variations of each movement. Each exercise has a specific function. For instance, the floor press takes your legs out of the motion so greater emphasis is placed on the pecs, delts and triceps. The close grip incline press takes your lats out of the motion so there is greater emphasis placed on the deltoids and triceps. The board press also take your lats out of the motion and provide you with the opportunity to train at specific points of the bench press.

from dave tate

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength...ves/dtate5.htm
    Yeah, I saw some articles saying that due to the complete stop of motion, no momentum is being used in the actual press, therefore you're working your muscles more. Thanks for the info.

No problem. Ever since i started getting good feedback from people that know their stuff i have gotten STRONG.

Remember Floor press is not the only variation to be used...make sure to change it up on occasion. Floor press, Close Grip bench, Incline, Flat Bench , Rack Lockout, Etc.
    www.relentlessgym.com

-Be Relentless-

tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tehkev14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ah **** i didn't know it :P

sorry

shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have found that the floor press really works the top part of my bench, sort of my lockout strength, at least that has been my experience. I was surprised, I thought I would be able to do more on the floor press than bench, but it was actually quite close, as far as poundage is concerned. I like to floor press sometimes after full range bench press and do it as an accessory movement in higher rep ranges.
    Visit my training log at www.whitemenCANjump.com
    Follow along as I try and complete my life long goal of dunking a basketball!

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Floor pressing is good. Benching is good. There are so many benifits of both. Seriously, you should be doing both if youre an intermediate or advanced lifter and your goal is strength (especially in the bench press). I still love the looks people give me when I hop on the floor to DB floor presses.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

"It snows in my mind" Theater Jock's Avatar
    Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Floor pressing is good. Benching is good. There are so many benifits of both. Seriously, you should be doing both if youre an intermediate or advanced lifter and your goal is strength (especially in the bench press). I still love the looks people give me when I hop on the floor to DB floor presses.
    y teammates and coaches dont like it when I do it.
    They said it does'nt work anything and its a waste of tie.

sigh
    University of Oregon class of 2013

Kobe, Kobe, white bitches

do your teammate or coaches bench over 600 routinely? Because people hat workout with Dave Tate do every week
    www.relentlessgym.com

-Be Relentless-

RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoPaWrastla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's Christian Thibaudeau on the floor press:

"Pressing from the floor reduces the contribution of elasticity and the stretch reflex. If you pause with your upper arms on the floor for a second or two at the start of each rep, you can reduce the contribution of the stretch reflex by as much as 90 percent. That's why most of us will be weaker pressing from the floor than we are when we press from a bench, even though the range of motion is shorter.

But by inhibiting the stretch reflex, you rely almost entirely on the actual contraction of the muscles during a floor press. The result is a more forceful contraction, and lots of gains in size and strength. In that sense, it's the upper-body equivalent of a deadlift."

shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RoPaWrastla View Post
    Here's Christian Thibaudeau on the floor press:

"Pressing from the floor reduces the contribution of elasticity and the stretch reflex. If you pause with your upper arms on the floor for a second or two at the start of each rep, you can reduce the contribution of the stretch reflex by as much as 90 percent. That's why most of us will be weaker pressing from the floor than we are when we press from a bench, even though the range of motion is shorter.

But by inhibiting the stretch reflex, you rely almost entirely on the actual contraction of the muscles during a floor press. The result is a more forceful contraction, and lots of gains in size and strength. In that sense, it's the upper-body equivalent of a deadlift."
    I've never heard of it being described that way, but that is perfect to describe it as an upper body deadlift. Like I said, I love to floor press after full range benching. I usually do it with dumbbells and pause at the bottom.
    Visit my training log at www.whitemenCANjump.com
    Follow along as I try and complete my life long goal of dunking a basketball!