Thread: Hydration

zanderaruba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hydration

Hey guys I have been looking into some alternatives to gatorade when it comes to hydration for sports such as lacrosse and football. I have come across to items that I would like your opinion on. Pedilyte and advocare's rehydrate. You can see these products at
    http://pedialyte.com/
    https://www.advocare.com/Products/It...e=A2402&id=ALL

My questions are as follows:
    1. If someone could give a quick review on rehydrate for me that would be great. I am a high school player who is looking for something completely healthy without any weird supplements in it, just an improved alternative to gatorade for hydration, is rehydrate healthy?
    2. Since I already know pedilyte is healthy, is it a better alternative than gatorade? If so, why?

It would be great if you guys could help me out with this and please keep in mind that I am looking for something as healthy or healthier than gatorade that will provide better hydration in sports such as football and lacrosse. The more natural, the better. Feel free to suggest any other products that I have not touched on. Thanks.

BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRelentless23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMHO load up on water before and after- i mean days.
    www.********.com/relentlessgym
    www.relentlessgym.com

www.twitter.com/berelentless23

-Be Relentless-

vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Water + NaCl and +KCl.

find a way to mix it to isotonic and viola' hydration.

DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilMayAsian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually mix Water with Gatorade.

Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid or similar powdered drink mix
    2 quarts cold water
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup orange juice (optional)
    Garrett Hills, MS, CSCS, NSCA-CPT
    Exercise Physiologist/Strength Coach

vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50) vancarez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hang on, pedialyte is formulated for children...

If thats your cup of tea, any of the anti-diarhea meds will do the trick.

joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joco1214 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i only find pedialyte necessary when I have 3 a days during preseason in the heat of summer. Mix half water and half pedialyte. All other times water is all I need
    Consistency is key.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Keep the advice coming if other people have stuff to say.

blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    pedialyte is what we used when i fought and would cut weight big time (like sometimes our guys would be so dehydrated they would hook to an IV after weigh in) so this is proabably the best(our coach knew his ****).
    for firefighting we mix half gatorade (or less) and half water, water is all you need after you drink around 1 bottle of gatorade

Originally Posted by blindsideflank View Post
    pedialyte is what we used when i fought and would cut weight big time (like sometimes our guys would be so dehydrated they would hook to an IV after weigh in) so this is proabably the best(our coach knew his ****).
    for firefighting we mix half gatorade (or less) and half water, water is all you need after you drink around 1 bottle of gatorade
    Alright thanks for the advice.