hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Yes Diet IS important

So there are a lot of threads about how the workout is great but the diet is off and people wonder how important diet is...Now I'm no expert but I feel evidence speaks for itself. so here is my little example:

In 2nd year of college , I worked out 2 hours a day I'm talking like an hour to an hour-and-a -half lifting uber heavy and then running 2 miles on the track afterwards. I did walking lunges, bleachers....I mean everyone new me to be a beast in the gym and I ate healthy (my first year I ate horrendously)...I didn't drink sodas, I ate fruits, some vegetables, ate 5-6 meals all that stuff....but I never had a macro breakdown nor did I count my calories or think about if I'm getting enough fat, protein, etc. So I mean yeah I built some foreal muscle and in time lost some fat

Jump to now- a baby later and time suppressed....ok so I don't workout 2 hours a day...I probably do about 1 hour -1hr and 15min of lifting.....HIIT 2x a week (except for this month where I've only done weightlifting and HIIT maybe once a week if I had time) BUT I track my calories, make sure my macros are right and that I'm eating at a caloric deficit, sticking to my nutrition plan and WOW! Not only am I getting results but I'm getting them FASTER than I was when I was busting my a$$ and spending my life in the gym everyday! All this to say that Diet is SOOOOOO important!!! I mean I'm working out less, eating more because now I eat about 7 meals a day and I'm seeing better and faster results! I mean like I said I'm not an expert but if I can get better results by eating right and not having to workout as much, which leaves time for motherhood, school and work and in a shorter amount of time from just checking my diet...then heck yea I'm going to make sure my diet is in order because otherwise my body is not going to thrive off all the work I put in!

*sorry so long!!!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ditto that!

Before I had my 2 kids, I spent about 8 hours a week in the gym and ate about 800 cals a day and the lowest I ever got to was 102 lbs and 16% bodyfat. No muscle at all though! I could never understand why I wasn't cut.

6 years later, 2 kids later and I eat 1600 cals day, workout 3-4 hours a week and am 100 lbs (don't know bf right now), but I also have some nice muscle. I look way better now than I did 6 years ago when I was practically living at the gym and stressing on every single calorie I ate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great post! Reps owed

MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000)
    as someone who has been lean...fat....bulky....all of the above.

no matter what trianing i did , whether it was when i had a trainer, or when i was military or doing my own..cardio, lifting etc etc etc etc..........

diet is the most important in my opinion..if ihad t ochoose from eating clean and not working out...or working out but eating like crap...ill go for eating clean hands down.
    ~Proud Army Veteran, proud Army wife, Proud supporter of our military~

"Right now is not your fate, only your state."

"Drink water and drive on"

~Aim for the stars, you might catch a cloud. Aim only for the clouds, you will catch the top of a tree~

~~I love my husband, I love my daughter, I am blessed ever day to have them~~

Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll prolly get a negative rep again for speaking up about clean eating-but for me clean eating makes me feel better and my Fibro feels better. The weight comes off slowly but surely.
    ***"Fibro & lifting = "I still hurt but I hurt better"***

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yup. You can't out train a bad diet. Unless you're Michael Phelps.

jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    yep i agree to this, although if i ever do fall off the wagon and go overboard on treats then if i up my cardio i get away with it, my probs is im a carb addict so then end up doing 2hrs cardio to combat it
    if youre not screaming youre not trying

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Butterfly09 View Post
    I'll prolly get a negative rep again for speaking up about clean eating-but for me clean eating makes me feel better and my Fibro feels better. The weight comes off slowly but surely.
    Why would you get negged? We advocate it all the time. Sure, everyone should be allowed a cheat meal or special occasion, but most of us push to get folks to eat clean the overwhelming majority of the time.

iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey I'm still really new to this. Like I've said in a few other posts I just finally settled somewhere permanent (I was kind of in transit for about 2 months after xmas with the military). Anyways since moving into my place a week ago I've been eating very well. I'm trying to gradually eat cleaner and cleaner because if I just jump right to it then I know it will be bad news and I'll bounce around. I joined a gym close to where I live since work is over 40 min away where the on base gym is. I got a free hour with a personal trainer because I joined this gym and I'm doing that on Monday. I've been lifting for about 10 years so I'm SEMI- experienced with it but I think this will be good so that they can help me change up my routine to something more logical.

Ok so my question is... I don't really understand all this clean eating terminology... like macros, maintenance, etc. Is there a link from previous posts that kind of break down what those words mean? I've looked at that newcomer link and that has some great stuff but I was just wondering if you ladies could give me a little more info on all this terminology!!

I'm very excited and in the past week I'm already feeling a lot better but I have a ways to go

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hmotb555 View Post
    So there are a lot of threads about how the workout is great but the diet is off and people wonder how important diet is...Now I'm no expert but I feel evidence speaks for itself. so here is my little example:

In 2nd year of college , I worked out 2 hours a day I'm talking like an hour to an hour-and-a -half lifting uber heavy and then running 2 miles on the track afterwards. I did walking lunges, bleachers....I mean everyone new me to be a beast in the gym and I ate healthy (my first year I ate horrendously)...I didn't drink sodas, I ate fruits, some vegetables, ate 5-6 meals all that stuff....but I never had a macro breakdown nor did I count my calories or think about if I'm getting enough fat, protein, etc. So I mean yeah I built some foreal muscle and in time lost some fat

Jump to now- a baby later and time suppressed....ok so I don't workout 2 hours a day...I probably do about 1 hour -1hr and 15min of lifting.....HIIT 2x a week (except for this month where I've only done weightlifting and HIIT maybe once a week if I had time) BUT I track my calories, make sure my macros are right and that I'm eating at a caloric deficit, sticking to my nutrition plan and WOW! Not only am I getting results but I'm getting them FASTER than I was when I was busting my a$$ and spending my life in the gym everyday! All this to say that Diet is SOOOOOO important!!! I mean I'm working out less, eating more because now I eat about 7 meals a day and I'm seeing better and faster results! I mean like I said I'm not an expert but if I can get better results by eating right and not having to workout as much, which leaves time for motherhood, school and work and in a shorter amount of time from just checking my diet...then heck yea I'm going to make sure my diet is in order because otherwise my body is not going to thrive off all the work I put in!

*sorry so long!!!
    You rock girl keep at it!!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by iflyjets View Post
    Hey I'm still really new to this. Like I've said in a few other posts I just finally settled somewhere permanent (I was kind of in transit for about 2 months after xmas with the military). Anyways since moving into my place a week ago I've been eating very well. I'm trying to gradually eat cleaner and cleaner because if I just jump right to it then I know it will be bad news and I'll bounce around. I joined a gym close to where I live since work is over 40 min away where the on base gym is. I got a free hour with a personal trainer because I joined this gym and I'm doing that on Monday. I've been lifting for about 10 years so I'm SEMI- experienced with it but I think this will be good so that they can help me change up my routine to something more logical.

Ok so my question is... I don't really understand all this clean eating terminology... like macros, maintenance, etc. Is there a link from previous posts that kind of break down what those words mean? I've looked at that newcomer link and that has some great stuff but I was just wondering if you ladies could give me a little more info on all this terminology!!

I'm very excited and in the past week I'm already feeling a lot better but I have a ways to go
    macros are your macronutrients...the proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Clean eating, I believe, means eating healthy foods without the junk i.e. sugary foods, fried foods, etc. When it comes to getting your macro breakdown it refers to what percentage of each macronutrient you eat. So for example I eat about 2000 calories a day of that 40% is protein, 35% is carbohydrates and 25% is fat, which breaks down to about 200g of protein, 175g of carbohydrates, and 55g of fat. Other women have other breakdowns like 45p/30c/25f or others...does that help a bit?
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Butterfly09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Why would you get negged? We advocate it all the time. Sure, everyone should be allowed a cheat meal or special occasion, but most of us push to get folks to eat clean the overwhelming majority of the time.
    I have no idea but advised an 18 year old guy here asking about white bread like Wonder and said sprouted or whole wheat is better and more slowly absorbed by the body. Somebody negative rep'd me and said I was stating misinformation and said I was spouting broscience. This poster is hateful to all newbies and especially those that follow clean eating-it makes you not want to post if you have some info or knowledge. So I make sure to state now it's just MHO.
    ***"Fibro & lifting = "I still hurt but I hurt better"***

Originally Posted by Butterfly09 View Post
    I have no idea but advised an 18 year old guy here asking about white bread like Wonder and said sprouted or whole wheat is better and more slowly absorbed by the body. Somebody negative rep'd me and said I was stating misinformation and said I was spouting broscience. This poster is hateful to all newbies and especially those that follow clean eating-it makes you not want to post if you have some info or knowledge. So I make sure to state now it's just MHO.
    Ah. Just stay out of those other forums. The young dudes are wasting all that testosterone on stupidity and ego. The female and OV35 forums are far better. And far more intelligent.

iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10) iflyjets is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hmotb555 View Post
    macros are your macronutrients...the proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Clean eating, I believe, means eating healthy foods without the junk i.e. sugary foods, fried foods, etc. When it comes to getting your macro breakdown it refers to what percentage of each macronutrient you eat. So for example I eat about 2000 calories a day of that 40% is protein, 35% is carbohydrates and 25% is fat, which breaks down to about 200g of protein, 175g of carbohydrates, and 55g of fat. Other women have other breakdowns like 45p/30c/25f or others...does that help a bit?
    Yes thank you that helps a lot. What about maintenance, what's that about? And how do you decide which breakdown is good for you? I'm not looking to really lose much weight... I'm fine in that area. I just want to build. I have a good base since I've been working out for many years but I sadly didn't discover clean eating until I picked up a copy of Oxygen mag back in January. Besides creating a better lifting plan, I want to get my "eating lifestyle" (not a diet right haha) going. Luckily I never did have a huge sweet tooth... but just coming from living in the south for the past 2 years I did eat a lot of "southern home cooking". First thing I'm working on is no butters, creams, etc and instead getting good fats in. 2nd is more fresh veggies/fruits, and 3rd is drinking more water (I'm terrible about it). I figure if I get these habits down then I can start crunching numbers for breakdowns so I just want to figure out HOW to do that right now.

Originally Posted by iflyjets View Post
    Yes thank you that helps a lot. What about maintenance, what's that about? And how do you decide which breakdown is good for you? I'm not looking to really lose much weight... I'm fine in that area. I just want to build. I have a good base since I've been working out for many years but I sadly didn't discover clean eating until I picked up a copy of Oxygen mag back in January. Besides creating a better lifting plan, I want to get my "eating lifestyle" (not a diet right haha) going. Luckily I never did have a huge sweet tooth... but just coming from living in the south for the past 2 years I did eat a lot of "southern home cooking". First thing I'm working on is no butters, creams, etc and instead getting good fats in. 2nd is more fresh veggies/fruits, and 3rd is drinking more water (I'm terrible about it). I figure if I get these habits down then I can start crunching numbers for breakdowns so I just want to figure out HOW to do that right now.
    Terracotta's site is a good starting point http://www.hotnfit.com/nutrition_design.htm#top.