Thread: how to 'cut' ?

G I JoE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to 'cut' ?

right i think ive bulked up long enough now, obvious shapes and bulges in my body, need to get some definition/tone
    what kind of training/exercises are best for cutting? is the high reps low-med weight thing a myth? or does it work?

cheers joe
    G.I.JOE beleive it and you'll achieve it.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Myth.

Cardio and diet. Do it bish.

500 Internal Server Error TheHat's Avatar
    TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by G I JoE View Post
    right i think ive bulked up long enough now, obvious shapes and bulges in my body, need to get some definition/tone
    what kind of training/exercises are best for cutting? is the high reps low-med weight thing a myth? or does it work?

cheers joe
    When cutting, you normally keep doing same reps you were doing while reducing calorie intake or adding cardio, or both. To maintain as much muscle as possible, keep eating a lot of protein.

ah right ok then, i do eat alot of protein, going to cut most carbs out

.Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    High intensity cardio with calorie deficient should work fine.
    "Every great achievement was once considered impossible."

-----Best lifts-----
    Squat: 395x1
    Bench: 275x1
    Deadlift: 430x6
    ------------------

5/3/1 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125248671

Reps for posting

500 Internal Server Error TheHat's Avatar
    TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheHat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Haven't seen any difference since I added more carbs into my cutting diet. As long as you are in a deficit... And I feel like I have more energy with carbs. (right now i'm at about 40/40/20 or 45/40/15 -prot/carbs/fat)

crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50) crunchyblack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Get scissors or knife
    2. ????????
    3. Profit

TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Myth.

If you want to cut you need to follow to simple steps.

1. Eat a calorie deflict

2. Do some cardio

Find your maitenance calorie intake then lower it by 300 calories, and do 30 minutes cardio after weights 3-4x a week at a low-intensity with you heart rate at arount 131bpm.

Give it a few weeks and you will be noticing the fat melt off you.

TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TenTrillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by .Enigma. View Post
    High intensity cardio with calorie deficient should work fine.
    Not on a low-carb diet, your body will most likely use your muscle and turn it into carbs as a fuel source, but if kept at low-intensity with heart rate at 130bpm you can ensure you are burning fat.

Yup low-carb diets are good, Just keep the cardio low-intensity then.

RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500) RENEGADE5589_DEL is not very helpful. (-500)
    500 cals below maintenence, its that simple

thanks guys, am already in a deficiit,
    so what low or hi intensity cardio??? i did alot of HIIT but lost alot of muscle in the process... maybe last time i wasnt taking enough protein..

.Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TenTrillion View Post
    Not on a low-carb diet, your body will most likely use your muscle and turn it into carbs as a fuel source, but if kept at low-intensity with heart rate at 130bpm you can ensure you are burning fat.
    Thats why i dont like low-carb diets. If youve got a sufficient amount of protein and crabs HIIT is the best way to cut fat and maintain muscle.
    "Every great achievement was once considered impossible."

-----Best lifts-----
    Squat: 395x1
    Bench: 275x1
    Deadlift: 430x6
    ------------------

5/3/1 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125248671

Reps for posting

arghh this is all non sense lol why cant anything be straight forward.. ok so what can people recommend i eat before i do a session og HIIT? i plan to do this every morning.. so would doing it on an empty stomach be better as am still in my 'fat burning' mode... am sure up'ing the protein intake would keep my muscle?

Location: Sunderland, North East, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnson123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    When cutting, you normally keep doing same reps you were doing while reducing calorie intake or adding cardio, or both. To maintain as much muscle as possible, keep eating a lot of protein.
    x22
    Trust your gut instinct, it might not always be right, but at least it is what you want to do

PackHeatNStack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to cut..

Yeah..reduce the carbs, eat fruits like a banana and vegetables.

On the science level, you always burn protein and carbohydrates (simple and complex) through glycogen in the liver. It controls your blood/sugar levels and main energy source. Last, you burn fat and then muscle.

take like No Betta..you can stack it with Synephrine too, a precursor to beta.

Con Cret..a researched creatine.

Take a good whey protein and casein protein. I like everything natural..just easier on the body. I'm not into most supplements with a lot of "junk stacked" it seems.

TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TurboTony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Joe

Hi Joe I believe The best method to cut is to find out your RHR (Resting Heart Rate) And Your MHR (Max Heart Rate) to find out your max take your age off 220 and thats your MHR once you have done that Find Your RHR... The average RHR is between 68-80 bpm take your pulse on 3 different day's for 1 minute for e.g 1st day its 71 2nd day its 78 3rd day its 73 then you know your average RHR is about 74-75 once you have done all this You calculate your THR Target Heart Rate for e.g if your 20 years old your max will be 200 your RHR Will be 70-72 and Your target heart will be inbetween Like 130 (BPM) bEATS PER MINUTE!!! do 45 mins to one hour day on day off cardio in the gym on the machines using the heart rate sensors n youl reach your Goals in No time at all.....

REMEMBER THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KEEP FAT OFF IS YOUR DIET "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT"
    EAT food with low carbs and high protein also eat small and often... 6-8 meals a day...
    Last edited by TurboTony; 11-14-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: more info

ChevyRiderZ28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChevyRiderZ28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChevyRiderZ28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChevyRiderZ28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChevyRiderZ28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChevyRiderZ28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChevyRiderZ28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChevyRiderZ28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cutting is linked more by your diet/daily calorie intake rather than what workouts you do. Lots of cardio, more calories burned than consumed. Vah-la, cut.
    What I learned in 2011 is there is no difference between the State Penn, and Penn State.

*Lean Gainer*

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    the higher reps will help you burn more calories, but the thought that it will tone/define muscles is complete bull.

best way to cut away fat i've found is carb cycling.

but honestly, just clean up your diet, eat a little less, and throw in some cardio. best of luck
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TurboTony View Post
    Hi Joe I believe The best method to cut is to find out your RHR (Resting Heart Rate) And Your MHR (Max Heart Rate) to find out your max take your age off 220 and thats your MHR once you have done that Find Your RHR... The average RHR is between 68-80 bpm take your pulse on 3 different day's for 1 minute for e.g 1st day its 71 2nd day its 78 3rd day its 73 then you know your average RHR is about 74-75 once you have done all this You calculate your THR Target Heart Rate for e.g if your 20 years old your max will be 200 your RHR Will be 70-72 and Your target heart will be inbetween Like 130 (BPM) bEATS PER MINUTE!!! do 45 mins to one hour day on day off cardio in the gym on the machines using the heart rate sensors n youl reach your Goals in No time at all.....

REMEMBER THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KEEP FAT OFF IS YOUR DIET "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT"
    EAT food with low carbs and high protein also eat small and often... 6-8 meals a day...

You bumped a 2 year old thread... why exactly?

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    You bumped a 2 year old thread... why exactly?
    now i realized... this
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

3YearsToGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SamSix View Post
    now i realized... this
    MWahahaha