Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
    Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I apologize for the delay. I usually get a notification when there's a post in here, but for some reason, it didn't show up.

Originally Posted by jassi03020 View Post
    HI CAN U HELP ME WITH CALORIE NEED
    MALE 28
    NO WORK NO STUDY ONLY TRAINING 1 TO 1.30 HR IN GYM..6 DAY 1 DAY REST
    98 kg ,no muscle only fat .my diet include -2 whole grain bread,1 cup oat and brocoli,1 or 2 cup brown rice,6egg [2 with yolk ],1 glass milk,
    i think my body fat is 30%,,my waist is 37 inch ,my jean size is 38 inch..i will buy protein powder tommorow...
    I did a body fat calculation using the YMCA Waist/Weight method, and with your stats, it comes to 17.4%. However, if you feel this estimate is too low, you can go to the Post My Pictures section, post some pics, and have some other members give an estimation.

Based on the parameters that you posted above, your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) at maintenance is 3225 Calories.

Below are the Calorie needs to lose fat at the following rates (given where you are currently at):

1/2 kg per week:
    If Not In Starvation Mode: 2607
    If In 3% Starvation Mode: 2512
    If In 7% Starvation Mode: 2386
    If In 14% Starvation Mode: 2165

1 kg per week:
    If Not In Starvation Mode: 1988
    If In 3% Starvation Mode: 1896
    If In 7% Starvation Mode: 1772
    If In 14% Starvation Mode: 1596

Originally Posted by OutlawRider14 View Post
    Well crap, according to this, I'm pretty far into starvation mode.
    I should be closer to 3k calories and I'm nowhere near that.
    Is this intake or expenditure?

Could you list your parameters as well?

Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dseaman View Post
    I ran through the calculator my calorie needs are 2273 for not in starvation mode. I'm trying go from 18% BF to 10%. I have a very hard time being creative with what I eat and trying to count calories, let alone get the macro ratio right. Are there some web sites that are good for meal planning where I can input total calories and macro ratios and out pop some decent meal suggestions?
    MyFitnessPal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

FitDay
    http://www.fitday.com/

These two are good and popular ones.

MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for putting so much work in on this forecaster. It's awesome. I'm a little concerned about muscle loss on my cut. If I am losing 1lb per week, eating a high amount of protein relative to body fat, and training 4-5days a week, can I really only expect to lose 65%fat? Thats a loss of 35% muscle. I will basically make close to no progress if I cut. Maybe 1lb of muscle gained over a few years net. It seems like a lot of people on this site say that you can keep most of your muscle by cutting slowly. Id appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Originally Posted by MindWentBlank View Post
    Thanks for putting so much work in on this forecaster. It's awesome. I'm a little concerned about muscle loss on my cut. If I am losing 1lb per week, eating a high amount of protein relative to body fat, and training 4-5days a week, can I really only expect to lose 65%fat? Thats a loss of 35% muscle. I will basically make close to no progress if I cut. Maybe 1lb of muscle gained over a few years net. It seems like a lot of people on this site say that you can keep most of your muscle by cutting slowly. Id appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
    If you're eating enough protein and lifting, then your fat/muscle loss ratio will be better. Losing too fast can also lead to more muscle loss. A 1 pound/week rate is good, though, so you should likely achieve better than 65% fat loss.

Parenthetical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much xylitol would be a "Low" or "Moderate" or "High" amount in the TMF document? Is there some table somewhere to go off of for this, or for any other sweetener, for that matter?

Dereck35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @Robby Coker
    hello my friend..just joined even though i have been on this site for quite some time
    i am trying to use tyne calculator but i am on a mac and i am havings one issues and getting some invalid notifications in some fields
    is there any chance of helping me?
    im 17.7% bf from 18% and 64.2 kgrs at the moment
    would like to get my bf down as much as i can
    can you help me with the calculations?
    Thanks and great work!

Originally Posted by Dereck35 View Post
    @Robby Coker
    hello my friend..just joined even though i have been on this site for quite some time
    i am trying to use tyne calculator but i am on a mac and i am havings one issues and getting some invalid notifications in some fields
    is there any chance of helping me?
    im 17.7% bf from 18% and 64.2 kgrs at the moment
    would like to get my bf down as much as i can
    can you help me with the calculations?
    Thanks and great work!
    Which particular fields are giving the notifications? Invalid will show if you enter a value out of range or enter a wrong character (e.g. a letter where a number is required).

Anyway, using the stats you listed, your resting energy expenditure is 1472 Calories, and your total daily energy expenditure is 1972 Calories (if you're sedentary and eat the typical American diet).

Originally Posted by Robby Coker View Post
    Which particular fields are giving the notifications? Invalid will show if you enter a value out of range or enter a wrong character (e.g. a letter where a number is required).

Anyway, using the stats you listed, your resting energy expenditure is 1472 Calories, and your total daily energy expenditure is 1972 Calories (if you're sedentary and eat the typical American diet).

I am actually from Athens Greece is my diet is more Mediterranean style
    So regarding your above calculations to lose fat I Gould reduce the above number down to 1700? Will that be ok?
    Also my macros to go around 160 carbs

150 protein
    And 50 fat
    How does this sound?

I am actually from Athens Greece is my diet is more Mediterranean style
    So regarding your above calculations to lose fat I Gould reduce the above number down to 1700? Will that be ok?
    Also my macros to go around 160 carbs

150 protein
    And 50 fat
    How does this sound?
    Typical recommendation is a gram of protein per pound of body weight, so you could drop it down some to like 130-140g. The fat intake is fine.

I entered in the macros that you listed, so this brings your TDEE is 2051 Calories. Based on this TDEE, an intake of 1700 Calories should an actual deficit of 250-300 (after factoring in metabolic adaptations from the reduced intake).

What is your lifestyle activity level, and how much exercise do you get per day on average?

Typical recommendation is a gram of protein per pound of body weight, so you could drop it down some to like 130-140g. The fat intake is fine.

I entered in the macros that you listed, so this brings your TDEE is 2051 Calories. Based on this TDEE, an intake of 1700 Calories should an actual deficit of 250-300 (after factoring in metabolic adaptations from the reduced intake).

What is your lifestyle activity level, and how much exercise do you get per day on average?
    i exercise 3-5 times a week
    each workout is around 1 t o 1 hour and a half tat involves a bit of cardio for warm up lets say 14 mins either elliptical or treadmill
    then weights and the cardio for 25-30 mins
    i do cardio 1-2 days separately for around 40 mins
    im so confused regarding the amount i should use for calories to burn the extra fat and the macros
    some say use more grams of fat per pound some other use it for carbs...
    as i said i am around 64-65 kilos and 165 and body fat doesn't seem to be going down even though last reading was at 17,7% from 18.2% (it is something but not much i think)
    i defientely do something wrong here

i exercise 3-5 times a week
    each workout is around 1 t o 1 hour and a half tat involves a bit of cardio for warm up lets say 14 mins either elliptical or treadmill
    then weights and the cardio for 25-30 mins
    i do cardio 1-2 days separately for around 40 mins
    With the workouts factored in, your estimated maintenance level comes to 2387 Calories.

im so confused regarding the amount i should use for calories to burn the extra fat and the macros
    some say use more grams of fat per pound some other use it for carbs...
    Your macros, based on the grams of fat and protein you listed, come to approximately 30% protein, 45% carbs, and 25% fat. This is a good dietary composition.

Based on your activity level, 1700 Calories per day will be a good level to start with. This should yield an actual deficit of around 550 Calories per day, which is a loss of 1 pound per week.

At that intake level, the macro distribution will be:
    128 grams of protein
    191 grams of carbs
    47 grams of fat

as i said i am around 64-65 kilos and 165 and body fat doesn't seem to be going down even though last reading was at 17,7% from 18.2% (it is something but not much i think)
    i defientely do something wrong here
    What has your Calorie intake been up to this point?

What method are you using to measure your BF%. If you are using a body fat scale, there can be small fluctuations in the readings from day to day due to changes in hydration. In this case, it's best to check it at the same time each day after getting up for the day and after using the bathroom.

With the workouts factored in, your estimated maintenance level comes to 2387 Calories.

Your macros, based on the grams of fat and protein you listed, come to approximately 30% protein, 45% carbs, and 25% fat. This is a good dietary composition.

Based on your activity level, 1700 Calories per day will be a good level to start with. This should yield an actual deficit of around 550 Calories per day, which is a loss of 1 pound per week.

At that intake level, the macro distribution will be:
    128 grams of protein
    191 grams of carbs
    47 grams of fat

What has your Calorie intake been up to this point?

What method are you using to measure your BF%. If you are using a body fat scale, there can be small fluctuations in the readings from day to day due to changes in hydration. In this case, it's best to check it at the same time each day after getting up for the day and after using the bathroom.
    I'm using the Tanita scale at the gym
    i know it can have some loses due to the hydration as you mentioned but as you can see from my pics..im definitely around that percentage
    as for my calorie intake some times i compete my day to around 1700 but some others i go up to 2000 (for example yesterday my day ended wit the following stats:

calories: 1,968
    carbs 155
    fat: 65
    protein: 195
    also im not sure if i have to include my cardio burned calories to my daily calorie intake or should i not (?)

I'm using the Tanita scale at the gym
    i know it can have some loses due to the hydration as you mentioned but as you can see from my pics..im definitely around that percentage
    as for my calorie intake some times i compete my day to around 1700 but some others i go up to 2000 (for example yesterday my day ended wit the following stats:

calories: 1,968
    carbs 155
    fat: 65
    protein: 195
    also im not sure if i have to include my cardio burned calories to my daily calorie intake or should i not (?)
    The cardio is added to your daily Calorie expenditure (how Calories you burn per day). This will help you achieve a larger deficit at a given Calorie intake for fat loss. So, I would stick consistently with 1700. You should be able to make good progress at that level.

For weight, to see actual changes, you can weight daily (at the same time, preferably in the morning) and do a 7 or 10 day moving average of all the weigh-ins. This will give a more accurate picture of your progress.

The cardio is added to your daily Calorie expenditure (how Calories you burn per day). This will help you achieve a larger deficit at a given Calorie intake for fat loss. So, I would stick consistently with 1700. You should be able to make good progress at that level.

For weight, to see actual changes, you can weight daily (at the same time, preferably in the morning) and do a 7 or 10 day moving average of all the weigh-ins. This will give a more accurate picture of your progress.
    Will try and stick to 1700 even though today I was over 250
    Thanks for your replies and your time my friend

Will try and stick to 1700 even though today I was over 250
    Thanks for your replies and your time my friend
    You're welcome. Good luck on your journey!

cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfieser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Robby! I sent you a message with a question on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

My email address is now robbycoker84@gmail.com, so the one listed in the document files no longer works. So, if you want to send email to me, don't use the address listed in them, and instead, use the one posted in this thread. I also have the new email address on my bodyspace, so you can go there as well. I changed the address back this past April but forgot to post about it here, so I apologize.

Also, you can contact me through my ******** at http://www.********.com/rcoker84
    The address listed for this one in the document files doesn't work anymore either as I changed this one back this past April as well.

I will update the documents and reupload the files in a little while.

This is a re-upload of the current version (v1.995) with the updated contact information in the documents.
    Attached Files

Thracks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, Robbie. Trying to understand a discrepancy I'm seeing:

With the well-regarded ifcalc TDEE calculator, it says 1616 cals/day to achieve 1.32 lbs/wk of loss.

I am 60 inches, 186 pounds, 16.4% BF, male, age 28, I lift 3 times/wk and do not do cardio. I estimate my activity level while lifting as mod-high, and I do approx. seven 3x8 lifts per day at about 30 seconds per set (i.e. 11 active minutes). I sleep about 7 hours per night.

Entering these same parameters into the TMF spreadsheet tells me I can consume 1890 cals/day for 1.32 lbs/wk.

At the expense of sounding like a "you vs. them" ahole: who's right? Is it 1890 cals/day for 1.32 lbs, or 1616 cals/day? Is there any explanation to this differential? Something I'm doing wrong?

Originally Posted by Thracks View Post
    Hi, Robbie. Trying to understand a discrepancy I'm seeing:

With the well-regarded ifcalc TDEE calculator, it says 1616 cals/day to achieve 1.32 lbs/wk of loss.

I am 60 inches, 186 pounds, 16.4% BF, male, age 28, I lift 3 times/wk and do not do cardio. I estimate my activity level while lifting as mod-high, and I do approx. seven 3x8 lifts per day at about 30 seconds per set (i.e. 11 active minutes). I sleep about 7 hours per night.

Entering these same parameters into the TMF spreadsheet tells me I can consume 1890 cals/day for 1.32 lbs/wk.

At the expense of sounding like a "you vs. them" ahole: who's right? Is it 1890 cals/day for 1.32 lbs, or 1616 cals/day? Is there any explanation to this differential? Something I'm doing wrong?
    TMF uses the Katch McArdle formula for calculating resting energy expenditure if you have a body fat % figure entered in or calculated in section beside User Stats. This formula factors in your lean body mass.

ape4u2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Robby -I can't get the link to work. It just keeps taking me back to the forum and not the calculator. Can you help?

Originally Posted by ape4u2 View Post
    Hi Robby -I can't get the link to work. It just keeps taking me back to the forum and not the calculator. Can you help?
    Hey, welcome to the forums. It's nice to have you here.

The following page has the links to the most recent version of Total Metabolism Forecaster.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1264110381

wpaincomesgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi! Can you help me with my macros
    I'm 5'1
    128 pounds
    My body fat is around 20%
    Slightly active ( I work out 3 times a week and do some 1 hour walking when I'm not working out )
    And i wanna lose body fat
    Can you help me out?

koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) koldnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there a more recent version of this spreadsheet? It sounds totally awesome and I would love to check it out!