Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MickM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've followed every one of your links to this on thsi thread and the previous thread and it still comes up as an invalid attachment. Can you re-up?

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good deal. I really enjoyed your older version so this should be good. (although I still think your older version over-estimated how many calories a day I needed)

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    After initially messing with it, I find it to be a lot more accurate than the old one. I was regularly put at around 4,000 calories on the old one. This one has me a little above 3,000 which is what is usually good for me to maintain. I'm eating ~2500 calories a day right now (not counting too strictly though) and I'm losing weight so that sounds about right.

Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I've followed every one of your links to this on thsi thread and the previous thread and it still comes up as an invalid attachment. Can you re-up?
    Here are the links to the current version.

Total Metabolism Forecaster 1.11 (MS Excel)
    Total Metabolism Forecaster 1.11 (OO.org)

I took the previous version down when I uploaded the new one this afternoon.

tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tripo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Robby99999 View Post
    Here are the links to the current version.

Total Metabolism Forecaster 1.11 (MS Excel)
    Total Metabolism Forecaster 1.11 (OO.org)

I took the previous version down when I uploaded the new one this afternoon.
    when i try to open this it opens in read only format because of macros, is their any suggestions you have for me to be able to enter the info?

Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robby Coker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tripo2 View Post
    when i try to open this it opens in read only format because of macros, is their any suggestions you have for me to be able to enter the info?
    This does not contain any macros at all.

This message comes up on the Open Office port for some reason. I have no idea why.

It should not be doing that on the Excel version, though.

Have you read the FAQ? It outlines a possible solution as some others have had the same issue with it showing "read-only".

Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    Good deal. I really enjoyed your older version so this should be good. (although I still think your older version over-estimated how many calories a day I needed)
    Back when this project was titled Total Metabolism Calculator, it often seemed to. A bit of the parameters, which were termed "factors" then, were just "yes or no" and had a fixed percentage.

Now, some of them have been made where you have to enter numbers (such as # of cups).

Green Tea is no longer "yes or no".
    Caffeine isn't either. You now have four different parameters there.
    For weight-lifting, you no longer enter anything. The % increase is now calculated based on what you entered in the Exercise part of the activities section.

Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    After initially messing with it, I find it to be a lot more accurate than the old one. I was regularly put at around 4,000 calories on the old one. This one has me a little above 3,000 which is what is usually good for me to maintain. I'm eating ~2500 calories a day right now (not counting too strictly though) and I'm losing weight so that sounds about right.
    Once I implemented a dedicated activities section, I felt that it helped the accuracy of the program a bit. Total Metabolism Calculator and versions of Total Metabolism Forecaster before 1.1 had you enter just an activity factor. As I mentioned in a post in the previous page of the thread, people tend to overestimate their activity level, especially if they use activity factor alone.

For you guys who were getting the "read-only" error, did the tip outlined in the FAQ fix the problem?

jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In the dairy section, even if i put a number between 1-16, a zero shows up as the result.

Originally Posted by jab50 View Post
    In the dairy section, even if i put a number between 1-16, a zero shows up as the result.
    It's supposed to do that if your energy balance is neutral or negative or if your objective is cutting or maintain. The percent increase with dairy (with servings over 3) only works if energy balance is at surplus or if your objective is bulking.

However, when you enter servings less than 3, a negative % shows. This value always decreases the total maintenance enery expenditure (TMEE) regardless whether there is a deficit, neutral, or surplus energy balance or whether you're objective is cutting, bulking, or maintain.

jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jab50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Robby99999 View Post
    It's supposed to do that if your energy balance is neutral or negative or if your objective is cutting or maintain. The percent increase with dairy (with servings over 3) only works if energy balance is at surplus or if your objective is bulking.

However, when you enter servings less than 3, a negative % shows. This value always decreases the total maintenance enery expenditure (TMEE) regardless whether there is a deficit, neutral, or surplus energy balance or whether you're objective is cutting, bulking, or maintain.
    Thanks for the quick response to this

LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump for a very cool application.

I'm currently working on the next version.

At the request of a member, one of the new features I have implemented is a goal body fat percentage part in the Regimen Forecaster section.

It goes like this:

Under the starting weight display, there will be a starting body fat % display. This will display the same body fat % that you entered when you began the program, if you entered a body fat %.

Below these two fields will be your body fat % goal parameters.

-The first one is your goal body fat percentage.

-The second one is your projected fat loss percentage,
    which is also known as the fat to muscle loss ratio. As we all know, we generally lose muscle along with fat. This field will be mandatory.
    You guys probably remember a field a bit like this from the earlier versions of Total Metabolism Forecaster, but this time, it will play a much different role.

After you enter these two parameters, a body weight will be displayed in a field labeled as Weight To Reach Goal Body Fat %. This will be the body weight that you will have to get to in order to obtain your goal body fat percentage. This will be your goal weight here!

As we know, the lower your fat/muscle loss ratio is during your cutting regimen, the lower the body weight you have to get down to in order to obtain your goal body fat %. On the other hand, if you lose a high percentage of your weight as fat, then you don't have drop to a body weight as low to get to your goal body fat percentage as you would otherwise.

Below this, your maximum suggested Calorie deficit is displayed here.

-In the last field you enter your desired rate of weight loss, the same as you had always been doing. After you do this, it will display the Calorie needs to lose at your desired rate.

After you have entered the goal body fat parameters, skip the regular goal body weight parameters and go to the starting date field and enter whatever starting date your regimen is. A projected arrival date will be displayed beside it.

That's an overview on this new feature.
    Last edited by Robby99999; 03-28-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out man

LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Okay so I downloaded the Excel version just fine. However when I attempted entering a number into a field, it prompted me that the page is secured. I tried to go to file/properties/secruity/advanced, and this did not work..I also tried something from the link you posted in the FAQ. The only option it's giving me when I begin to type is to click the 'review' tab in excel, and unprotect the sheet.

It then asks for a password....

Originally Posted by LEX-UA View Post
    Okay so I downloaded the Excel version just fine. However when I attempted entering a number into a field, it prompted me that the page is secured. I tried to go to file/properties/secruity/advanced, and this did not work..I also tried something from the link you posted in the FAQ. The only option it's giving me when I begin to type is to click the 'review' tab in excel, and unprotect the sheet.

It then asks for a password....

Only the labels and functions are protected; not the data entry fields. So you're not supposed be getting a message like that if you're entering data into their own entry fields. You will get an invalid data error, though, if you enter, for example, a number that is out of range or accidentally enter a value that is not a number in a field that requires a number.

Are you sure you're not accidentally entering the value into a label rather than its own entry field? The entry fields are a light aqua color.

Some fields have an icon by them that you click on, and a list of choices show up, and you make your selection from them rather than entering a number, letter, or word.
    Last edited by Robby99999; 03-30-2009 at 01:52 PM.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sticky!
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've got it now
    Thanks.

So, Robby, how accurate would you predict this is? I've been told previously to eat less cals to reach my goal (20lb loss) than what this told me, but more definitely sounds better

Reps for such a great calc!

Edit: I did enter my BF%, that was measured less than a week ago with a Lange Bodyfat Caliper. If anything it was measured a TINY bit high, but out of three tests and an average I think I'm rather close.
    Also, I checked the Readme but couldn't locate it, what is the calorie balance at the very top?
    Last edited by LEX-UA; 03-30-2009 at 03:13 PM.

drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drd0013 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Freaking awesome. Been looking for something like this... reps!
    Life's a Bitch. Make it yours.

DJFaninTN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJFaninTN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJFaninTN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJFaninTN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJFaninTN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJFaninTN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    question concerning # of hours worked. since I am currently unemployed do I need to put in zero? I stay fairly busy around the house and working out in the yard when the weather permits but not what I would say 40 hours worth.

thanks for the help

Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    question concerning # of hours worked. since I am currently unemployed do I need to put in zero?
    Just leave it blank.

I stay fairly busy around the house and working out in the yard when the weather permits but not what I would say 40 hours worth.

thanks for the help
    For your activity factor, I'd select 1.375 (lightly active). Once again, leave the "number of hours worked" blank.

Originally Posted by LEX-UA View Post
    I've got it now
    Thanks.

So, Robby, how accurate would you predict this is?
    To find how close the calculations are to your real metabolic rate (not the same as REE/TDEE here), in your case, you will need to record your weight daily, log your Calories accurately each day, enter your occupational factor based on whatever occupation is for a given time, log any exercise Calories, and have a method for calculating a moving average of your weight and Calorie intake each day.

For each day, you would also need to have a calculation of your REE and the energy expenditure based on your activity and exercise inputs. After that, you will need to have Metabolic Rating (in %) calculations which are your actual TDEE (TDEE based on weight changes over time relative to Calorie intake) relative to your calculated energy expenditure.

Then compare this to the Metabolic Ratings given in the Total Metabolism section on the program.

I have already created a tracker (as of now, called Regimen Tracker) that does this metabolism tracking for you.

Only disadvantage is that it takes at least 6 weeks of tracking before you get reliable values, but this is only if you hadn't been weighing daily or counting Calories beforehand. If you had been, it won't take anywhere near that long.

I've been told previously to eat less cals to reach my goal (20lb loss) than what this told me, but more definitely sounds better

Reps for such a great calc!

Edit: I did enter my BF%, that was measured less than a week ago with a Lange Bodyfat Caliper. If anything it was measured a TINY bit high, but out of three tests and an average I think I'm rather close.
    Also, I checked the Readme but couldn't locate it, what is the calorie balance at the very top?
    In the Readme, that part is labeled as "Enter An Energy Balance".

The following description is taken from it.
    The purpose of this field is so you can see what effects that a given energy deficit or energy surplus will have on your metabolism. Your metabolism when you are in an energy deficit or energy surplus is not the same as it is when you are eating at maintenance. For example, your metabolism is essentially always lower when you are cutting to lose body fat than it is when you are maintaining or bulking to try to put on muscle.
    Last edited by Robby99999; 03-31-2009 at 09:44 AM.

I have the new version pretty much done. All I have to do is update the Readme and the FAQ.

More than likely, it will be sometime tomorrow afternoon when I put it up.

nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i gotta tell you dude, if you put this thing as an app on itunes like that "abunda" guy did with his calculator, you would make a killing.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I vote for sticky again. I always have to search for the thread when recommending it to others. We have our own calorie calculating guru here who provides his knowledge and application for free.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great calculator! How many people would like this stuck?

Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^ Yes please!

nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff View Post
    Great calculator! How many people would like this stuck?
    Make it happen!!!!

Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can somone forecast my metabolish just for fun? My stats are to the left.

I'm around 14 or 15 bodyfat at the moment.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does this give anyone numbers that are significantly higher than what they expected?

For instance, I put in a 500 calorie deficit with very conservative numbers (regarding how much I exercise, how much water I drink, that I have a slow metabolism, etc.) and it is telling me that I can eat an amount equal to approximately 16.5 times my bodyweight every day! Granted, I live a fairly active lifestyle and do cardio pretty much everyday, but this seems pretty high to me. Possibly being young and around 11-12% bodyfat helps.

Currently I aim for around 12x my bodyweight to lose about a pound a week. Are my calories probably too low?
    Last edited by Bignbuff; 04-02-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Eats carbs before bed 141455675's Avatar
    141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff View Post
    Does this give anyone numbers that are significantly higher than what they expected?

For instance, I put in a 500 calorie deficit with very conservative numbers (regarding how much I exercise, how much water I drink, that I have a slow metabolism, etc.) and it is telling me that I can eat an amount equal to approximately 16.5 times my bodyweight every day! Granted, I live a fairly active lifestyle and do cardio pretty much everyday, but this seems pretty high to me. Possibly being young and around 11-12% bodyfat helps.

Currently I aim for around 12x my bodyweight to lose about a pound a week. Are my calories probably too low?
    They could be mate. The estimates I got at for gaining were pretty much spot on what I'm at now. I know that 12x my BW would have me dropping weight quiiiick! And I don't live that active outside of recreational lifting and some cardio here and there.

Try the calculations you got and monitor your weight loss. Being young will help in having a higher metabolic rate as will having a fairly active lifestyle. 16.5x your BW seems pretty reasonable to lose weight with above average activity. If you don't lose weight after ~2-3 weeks, decrease your cals some.

Best to take it slow and eat as much as you can to lose weight IMO Should help with energy levels, muscle retaining and strenght levels. Aim for ~1-1.5lbs a week. You'll probably be able to consitently lose 2lb for the initial periods but getting lower and lower in weight, losses will eventually become smaller.

I think alot of people actually under estimate the amounts they can eat. This was me included.
    Last edited by Fitto13; 04-03-2009 at 12:10 AM.