Thread: FEAR of scales.

hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

FEAR of scales.

Anyone else have this. I'm losing weight now, but I still hate the damn things. Not like a morbid fear, I just hate to see my numbers. lol...
    is not a powerlifter :-D

Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Then don't look.

Scale is somewhere near the bottom of the relevance table when dealing with body transformation.
    You get back what you put in.

BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Amandarose531 View Post
    Then don't look.

Scale is somewhere near the bottom of the relevance table when dealing with body transformation.
    Yeah if you're 10% looking to drop down to 6% BF. Otherwise the scale is pretty useful on tracking your progress. You're not helping his fear of getting on the scale by telling him not to look.

Just get on it and look, it's not going to kill you to check your weight. You might be pleased to see that you're not as heavy as you think you are. If you're heavier than what you think you are then it should give you some motivation to work your ass off. I was scared of scales too. When I finally got on one and saw how extremely heavy I was, I knew **** had to change. I've been looking at the scale everyday ever since.

Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlinghound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hercules71185 View Post
    Anyone else have this. I'm losing weight now, but I still hate the damn things. Not like a morbid fear, I just hate to see my numbers. lol...
    Hehe, I am NOT an emotional dude by any means but I check my weight every Wednesday. And EVERY Wednesday I think back on my last week and FEEL like I havent lost anything. One week I was so convinced and so bummed out that I hadn't lost anything that when I saw I lost 2.5 pounds in a week...I kind of choked up a bit. I teared up because of the fact that I busted my ass in the gym due to feeling like I had not lost anything only to find out I did exactly what I was supposed to + 1 lb more. Don't be afraid of it, use it as a tool for the fat loss. Use the mirror for the muscle. When you start to like what you see in the mirror you'll find yourself looking less at the scale. Let that FEAR drive you to exceed your own expectations and face that fear with the assurity that you busted your ass.

Peace.
    -You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton, I never saved anything for the swim back.

-I was never more certain of how far away I was from my goal than when I was standing right beside it.

--Vincent, Gattaca

Battleroyale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea dude. Chuck the thing out the window. Not even worth it imo. And eff the person who invited them. lol

Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think you saw his status of 500lbs, of course the pounds are going to be dropping but there are many MORE ways for him to track progress, i.e. clothes sizes, energy level, etc. Of course he should weigh, but i'm assuming the fear of scales stems somewhat from being big and when he DOES wake up one morning and say, hey I'm feelin' pretty damn good - hop on and holy wow the numbers dropped huge.

He shouldn't have to be afraid, and sometimes it takes time working into it - for instance, don't look until you want to, if you're doing everything right then it should keep moving, even if you don't see it going.

*as I see his status changed so my initial post was based on that, not his 4'4" 45lb frame.

I still stand that the scale isn't as big of a deal as some people make it to be, but it was made based on my initial assumptions.
    You get back what you put in.

BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadShot25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think this dude's a troll.

JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaRHeaD911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the more u look at the scale, the more it messes with ur head mentally.
    don't touch the damn thing
    i recommend looking at it once every 2 weeks.
    but its hard, specially when ur cutting, i cant help but look at it once a week haha
    Goals:
    1st GOAL: Get Below 200 lbs - ACHIEVED
    2nd GOAL: Get Below 190 lbs - ACHIEVED
    3rd GOAL: Get Below 180 lbs - ACHIEVED
    4th GOAL: Get Below 170 lbs - ACHIEVED
    5th GOAL: Get To Overall Goal of 160 - ACHIEVED

==============

Looking for Twitter, Instagram, ******** followers? BuyTwitterServices.com

CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CottonC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BadShot25 View Post
    I think this dude's a troll.
    nah
    Last edited by CottonC; 03-19-2009 at 02:46 PM.
    New to BB, need some green to spread.

owe greens to

TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TI-OG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of scales, even though I've never really had a bad experience with them.

I think, when you are first starting your cut, they're a good way of gauging your progress, as you'll know if you're "doing things right" but eventually they're useless.
    ROUND 2

1/1/2009 ~180 lbs Began cut
    3/14/2009 ~ 159lbs
    4/12/2009 155.8
    4/26/2009 154.2
    5/13/2009 152.4
    5/22/2009 150.8
    Target weight 145
    No substitute for hard work