masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strictly Whey???

I've been using only whey protein. Before bed I mix up 3 8oz servings. Drink 1 right before bed, 1 in the middle of the night when I get up to pee and 1 right when I get up. Is this cool or do you think I should invest in some casein for the before bed and skip the pee break?? -thanks

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by masel99 View Post
    I've been using only whey protein. Before bed I mix up 3 8oz servings. Drink 1 right before bed, 1 in the middle of the night when I get up to pee and 1 right when I get up. Is this cool or do you think I should invest in some casein for the before bed and skip the pee break?? -thanks
    IMHO, and that is all it is, you could try something different. It could be that all of the drinking is causing you to have to get up an pee. I would think your body would benefit from a full night's sleep more than a few more grams of whey. Why not some cottage cheese before bed and then sleeping the whole night through?
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    IMHO, and that is all it is, you could try something different. It could be that all of the drinking is causing you to have to get up an pee. I would think your body would benefit from a full night's sleep more than a few more grams of whey. Why not some cottage cheese before bed and then sleeping the whole night through?
    That's what I was thinking.

I'd rather sleep straight through the night. From what I understand cottage cheese is a much slower-released protein than whey, as well, so there's a long-term muscle feed v. the fast surge you get with whey.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    x2....go with casein protein at night..get some sleep and give your body a rest, so it can grow. Hit the Whey in the morning and around your workouts..

Just my 2cents....

masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post

thanks, I have to be honest and say that I get up once a night whether I drink the shake before bed or not. I've been that way for years. That's kind of how I came up with that idea. I figured if I'm up in the middle of the night anyway, why not.

Originally Posted by afterguard View Post
    x2....go with casein protein at night..get some sleep and give your body a rest, so it can grow. Hit the Whey in the morning and around your workouts..

Just my 2cents....
    Thanks, I think that's what I gonna try.

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    X3. Mix in some peanut butter for some good fats & to slow the digestion process even more.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10) afterguard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm the same way, I get up once a night like clockwork and I don't drink or eat anything late......except for cottage cheese on nights after a hard workout day for the extra protein. I can't remember the last time I sleep thru the night without making that 4:30 walk..

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And, FWIW, if you do wake up to answer the call.....go eat!
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Personally, I'm a 8 oz. cottage cheese and short glass of milk man.

One thing I can tell you is that since I started using t-bol (a test booster) I haven't had to get up and pee in the middle of the night. I have noticed some gains in lifting, but quite honestly if it did nothing else but cut out the nightly pee it's worth taking!
    Was friends with Methuselah

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

yep

Originally Posted by afterguard View Post

Just my 2cents....
    X 2......again
    Land of Honalee

Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

I'd rather sleep straight through the night. From what I understand cottage cheese is a much slower-released protein than whey, as well, so there's a long-term muscle feed v. the fast surge you get with whey.
    Hey I was wondering why I crave cottage cheese before I go to bed, too funny, been working wonders.
    ---Chicago Crew---
    ♒Morning_Workout_Crew♒

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks, I think that's what I gonna try.
    You're on the right track. Lot's of great suggestions here. I go with Casein, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a cup of whole grain cereal.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    You're on the right track. Lot's of great suggestions here. I go with Casein, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a cup of whole grain cereal.

What's the olive oil for??

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I want carbs, fat, and protein. The extra Omega 3's are nice as well.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if i read it right,he doesn't have trouble peeing.He uses peeing as an alarm clock for protein ingestion......genius
    Land of Honalee

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I did that, especially at night, I would go through a 5lb tub in a week!!! lol
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    if i read it right,he doesn't have trouble peeing.He uses peeing as an alarm clock for protein ingestion......genius
    Yep, you read it right

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yep, you read it right
    none the less, cottage cheese would be better before you go to sleep....... if you have to go pee then use the whey shake
    Was friends with Methuselah

Yep, you read it right
    whey in the am and pre workout casein at night (longer lasting)
    Land of Honalee

joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000) joestrom2002 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll take John Gargani's advice , the digestive system also needs rest. Like a battery it will charge better if fully discharged than partially discharged (IMO).
    But then there's always the extreme.