Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000)

The Tilapia Discussion revisited

Cliff notes...tilapia even though it is a fish, probably isn't the best choice to eat.

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/disc...farm-video.htm
    Obsession is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, I certainly don't like the idea of tilapia being used to eat $hit. I buy mine from Costco and I wish I could find out where their source is from.

I googled the subject and I found this piece. It also says shellfish are bottom feeders and fertilizer is used to grow things like tomatoes etc. And don't pigs eat their own feces? (I don't eat pork that often....bacon every now and then). Even so, I probably won't be buying tilapia any time soon.

Based on the last thread I've ventured out into sardines and smoked herring on crackers. They make for great snacks when I go on long hikes or rollerblading.

http://cleanerplateclub.wordpress.co...t-poop-really/

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is the third time tilapia have been brought up here since the first villification article showed up a few months ago. I think avoiding tilapia is like avoiding cheese because it has too much fat or avocado because it has too much green.

If you were going to eat tilapia for every meal every day, or even three times per week, it might have a negative effect on your health. I don't know about everyone else, but I have tilapia once every two or three months. I think the lean source of protein far outweighs any possible negative side effects of eating a pound of it per day.

Just my .02.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When I lived in Hawaii back in the 80's and 90's, we used to throw tilapia back 'cause it was considered a garbage fish.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bonknhead View Post
    When I lived in Hawaii back in the 80's and 90's, we used to throw tilapia back 'cause it was considered a garbage fish.
    Why?
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    This is the third time tilapia have been brought up here since the first villification article showed up a few months ago. I think avoiding tilapia is like avoiding cheese because it has too much fat or avocado because it has too much green.

If you were going to eat tilapia for every meal every day, or even three times per week, it might have a negative effect on your health. I don't know about everyone else, but I have tilapia once every two or three months. I think the lean source of protein far outweighs any possible negative side effects of eating a pound of it per day.

Just my .02.
    Marius, you really don't have a problem with eating a fish that dines on feces? I guess it's more of an issue for me. I probably eat it 2 or 3 times a week.

bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonknhead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why?
    That's a good question. Back then, all my friends said don't waste my time with tilapia, so I threw them back. If you google "tilapia Hawaii", you'll see that's still happening today.

Kinda funny actually for a state where the "state meat" is SPAM. lol

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

will it go round in circles

aahhh.....The cycle of life....
    Land of Honalee

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    Marius, you really don't have a problem with eating a fish that dines on feces? I guess it's more of an issue for me. I probably eat it 2 or 3 times a week.
    If you think about it, all fish live & breathe 24/7/365 in a giant fish toilet.....

Just sayin'...
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Just my .02.
    Once again I'm siding with Marius........... lol
    Was friends with Methuselah

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    If you think about it, all fish live & breathe 24/7/365 in a giant fish toilet.....

Just sayin'...
    There you go.............

LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you can make it (whatevr) taste good ....i'll eat it.
    Land of Honalee

dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirkwright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think catfish or flounder are any better really.
    Bodybuilders are the only people I know who will consume the worst tasting stuff because they know "it's good for them"...

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Catfish and eels, not to mention shellfish, consume waste too. It's not like we're eating their digestive systems. These organisms derive nutrition from other organisms' waste.

And if we want to get right down to it, the much sought-after lobster is nothing more than a large ocean-going cockroach. Yes, closely related arthropods.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Lots of animals eat their own and other animals' feces. I'm not about to stop eating pork because of it. Once the body breaks it down in the digestive tract, it becomes its components, just like any food we eat.

Also, taxation is theft.

Certified Salt Beef Junky MT_Pawkits's Avatar
    MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's just a little poop. They prob pee in there too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Beer nuts $1.25, Deer nuts under a Buck!~~~~~~~~~~~

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, you create a liar!

Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lots of animals eat their own and other animals' feces. I'm not about to stop eating pork because of it. Once the body breaks it down in the digestive tract, it becomes its components, just like any food we eat.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night Scat-man
    Obsession is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When it comes right down to the facts, we're all eating dead animals. Who gives a damn what the dead animal use to eat? Eating a dead animal is sickening enough when you think about it.

Think I'll go have a ground beef patty for lunch today ;-)
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 25

MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Chickens eat feces too!

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, you create a liar!

hell

has any one here eaten Mikki D's?
    Land of Honalee

Talking

Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    has any one here eaten Mikki D's?
    YUP!!

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think I now understand what they mean when they say ignorance is bliss.

Thanks for this!!
    I'm a sad little man

For the record, fecal matter is very high in nitrogen. The only thing that makes it not a food are the bacteria. That's why vegetables grown in dung don't have the kind of nutrient depletion that unfertilized soil has.

Also, taxation is theft.

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can't say I've heard of tilapia - don't think we get it over here....

Good debate though.

You are all a bunch of poop eaters!!

Come on guys most animals end up eating a bit of dung now and then, even humans end up eating a small amount. You know how many folks don't wash their hands after using the rest room? And some of them work in your favorite restaurant!

Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    You are all a bunch of poop eaters!!

Come on guys most animals end up eating a bit of dung now and then, even humans end up eating a small amount. You know how many folks don't wash their hands after using the rest room? And some of them work in your favorite restaurant!
    aint' that what i said?
    Land of Honalee

For the record, fecal matter is very high in nitrogen. The only thing that makes it not a food are the bacteria. That's why vegetables grown in dung don't have the kind of nutrient depletion that unfertilized soil has.
    poop is our friend!
    Land of Honalee

aint' that what i said?
    yep.........

poop is our friend!
    but it's more friendly with some folks............

GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymMouse45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, I have been trying to go vegetarian and this thread is seriously helping! Thanks, guys!
    Just because it doesn't kill you doesn't mean it makes you stronger.

NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post

Just sayin'...

Well, thank you! I used to like fish ... before I read your post. LOL
    "If you're looking for a quick fix, you're in the wrong sport. Bodybuilding is a lifetime journey, not an overnight jaunt." - NaturalMsO

★☆★★☆
    "MRS tAkin ova?"
    "Yes, the women are taking over."
    ★☆★★☆