Ncwinn4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question on cutting calories

How do you know the difference between starving yourself an just being hungry?

Sometimes when i'm cutting calories I get nervous that i'm losing more muscle than anything. Is there a safe way to make sure you're cutting bf and no muscle?

I'm a noob to dieting and nutrition so please don't bash.

sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maintenance - 500 cals is generally accepted as maintaining as much muscle as possible. Of course, this is assuming you're lifting and not doing excessive cardio

It's likely you'll lose some muscle with the fat, but the aim is to minimise the muscle loss by eating close to (but under) your maintenance calories.

cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cfh1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only way to know for sure, because we all are different, is to buy some BF calipers and do weekly tests. If you are losing slowly but your BF% is gong down, chances are you are holding on to as much muscle as possible. If you are losing weight a little more quickly but you aren't looking much different and your BF% isn't moving that much, chances are you are losing valuable LBM (muscle).