jimferg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New! Need Help! Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone Im new to this site and just thought I would ask a question.

We currently havea home gym set up and I havent used it as of yet.
    I am wanting to start working out a fair bit in it for football etc.
    Since I am new I am not sure what type of workout would suit me,
    I am looking to become more muscular and toned from my waste above.
    I am about 6 foot and weigh 89 kilo. I wouldnt consider myself as an extremely powerful person but I am not weak either.

If someone could maybe post me a workout I could try for a few weeks I would be really thankful!

Willing to workout everyday.

Thanks guys!

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    By "home gym" what do you mean, exactly? A machine, or a set of weights, bench, d'bells, stuff like that? If it's the free weights, then that's better.

Getting strong for football? Check out the Stickies for Starr/Madcow's 5x5. In a nutshell, it focuses on the bench, the squat, and the power clean (or bent row, depending on which version you use) and it's been used by a lot of football players over the years. I would also check out All Pro's thread, as he is involved with football as in another poster, fbcoach, who does train guys for high school football and, like All Pro, is very knowledgeable.

I'd also be careful to work your legs and lower back hard with these programmes. The seat of all strength flows from the legs, hips, and lower back, and if you're weak there, you're gonna get creamed on the field. Read the Stickies first, or go to All Pro's thread; great help there.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

vorkenstonely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout

Theres tons of possibly workouts out there, but I think as long as you follow some basic guidelines, you will make progress. I'm obviously no expert or anything, but here's what I think.

First of all, don't focus only on upper body. Its very important to also train your lower body because it releases a ton of growth hormones in your body. Your upper body gains, will actually be helped by your lower body work. Training the legs is hard work, and puts a huge load on your body. I'm personally way more sore after my leg day, than any other day.

jimferg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey i have a set of weights, bench, d'bells, stuff like that... Thanks for the help and yeah they are free weights.

vorkenstonely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

workout routine

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107853341

These guys seem to have put alot of research into this. I'm sure alot of what they talk about is impractical for a home gym, but their basic structure looks like a good one to copy. Do you have a pull up bar already?

Walmart sells a simple pullup bar that doesn't involve screws for like 30 bucks.