nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reactivating Deltoid After Injury

Hi, I ruptured my front deltoid while bench pressing a couple of years ago; not off the bone but slightly from the medial deltoid. I no longer do any bench pressing but now when I do any exercises involving my shoulders, I don't really feel anything on the injured shoulder. For example, when I do push ups, I feel it in chest and right front deltoid but not in the left front delt (injured one). When I do the shoulder press, I feel the contraction in my right shoulder but not really in my left shoulder. When I do a shoulder press with my left shoulder, it seems like I am lifting the weight more with my my back then my shoulder. Is there anyway to reactivate the injured shoulder? I don't really feel pain any more and almost have my entire ROM back but don't really feel any contraction in it. Also, since it was injured, will the muscle ever grow or will it remain in a state of atrophy? Thanks!

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    go see orthopedic surgeon and have it assessed. This is not the time for bromedicine.

nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nepatsfan1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    go see orthopedic surgeon and have it assessed. This is not the time for bromedicine.
    I went to see the orthopedic surgeon after the injury occurred and he said that he wouldn't operate since there was scar tissue already which mostly healed up. He just recommended PT to restore the ROM which it did. I was wondering if the muscle will ever grow again through shoulder exercises (shoulder press, front and lateral raise). I understand that the muscle will never look like it was before but I was wondering about muscle growth.