d3footballman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help me with my diet!

Ok so this is my first post on here. What I want to do is set up a diet for when I'm home on summer break in about a month and a half. I know i could start now, but its kinda hard to count calories and all that stuff when your eating in the cafeteria so i figure I'll wait till im home and hit it 100%. My goal is to lose fat. I would obviously like to not lose any strength in the process. I want to go into the football season in the best shape possible.
    Here is a diet i put together for a typical workout day:

meal 1 8:00
    1/4 Cup Oats
    1 scoop Protein
    5 egg whites
    1/2 cup skim milk
    apple
    Meal 2 10:00 pre workout
    1 scoop whey
    banana
    Meal 3 12:00 post workout
    2 scoops protein
    banana
    Meal 4 2:00
    1 whole wheat pita
    10 slices turkey
    2 cup Spinach
    1 tbsp olive oil
    Meal 5 4:00
    2 scoops protein
    1 oz almonds
    apple
    Meal 6 6:00
    Chicken Breast
    8 spears asparagus
    1 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup brown rice
    Meal 7 8:00
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 oz almonds
    Meal 8 10:00
    2 scoops cassein
    Totals for the day: Calories:3147, Protein:380, Carbs:257, Fat:75

I'm 310 pounds, and I've never been in control of my diet. Ive been lifting weights since when I started playing football in my freshman year of high school. Right now I'm a sophomore playing nose tackle at a division three school and I just want to be the best player i can be for next year. I feel like getting my diet in order is the final piece in me achieving my goals.

I would like to get down to the 285-290 range and any help from you guys on here would be greatly appreciated.

Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need to eat food. Drop the whey and replace with lean meat and eggs. Drop the milk and eat either a good carb source(sweet potatoes, lentils, barley, ezekiel bread) or fat source(olive oil, mac nut oil, almond oil, fish oil) with your protein. 6-7 meals daily.

Originally Posted by Vikingur View Post
    You need to eat food. Drop the whey and replace with lean meat and eggs. Drop the milk and eat either a good carb source(sweet potatoes, lentils, barley, ezekiel bread) or fat source(olive oil, mac nut oil, almond oil, fish oil) with your protein. 6-7 meals daily.
    Thanks, your right. I just looked over it again and realized I'm getting over half of my protein from powder. that's not good, I'll replace meal 5 with a can of tuna or something similar. As for the milk, i just put it in there to have with the oats, i figured a 1/2 cup wouldn't make much difference.

Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by d3footballman View Post
    Thanks, your right. I just looked over it again and realized I'm getting over half of my protein from powder. that's not good, I'll replace meal 5 with a can of tuna or something similar. As for the milk, i just put it in there to have with the oats, i figured a 1/2 cup wouldn't make much difference.
    I'd personally replace all the whey with meat. You'd be much better off.

Originally Posted by Vikingur View Post
    I'd personally replace all the whey with meat. You'd be much better off.
    your probably right, but you can't beat the convenience of a shake, especially pre and post workout.
    I'm gonna keep those and the casein before bed, but I'll get the rest from food.

Originally Posted by d3footballman View Post
    your probably right, but you can't beat the convenience of a shake, especially pre and post workout.
    I'm gonna keep those and the casein before bed, but I'll get the rest from food.
    Also can't beat the benefits of food. Sounds like laziness to me...but good luck bro.