gymtroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Nutrition Question & Diet Plan Q's

I've done a form of Keto previously, so this will be my second attempt at it. The first time was pretty good, but didn't quite get to where I wanted to be in time, so instead I've decided this time around to do it more strictly than prior.

Last time I think my problem was too many carbs from nuts (almonds/pecans/cashews). So I'm going to drop my carbs to around 20g a day, I feel I'll lose more this way.

3 whole meals, 2 shakes.
    Whole per meal meal:
    20g protein
    14g fat.

I'll throw in carbs where I feel I need them. My protein shakes have 6g of carbs, 45g of protein. So a total of 12g per day from shakes, I'll have 6g of carbs to add to get to 20g a day if I so choose.

My question is this:
    Is cheese allowed on this diet? I was reading a lot of posts and it kept coming up, but a lot of cheeses have carbs, so...not sure where to go with this one. If it IS allowed (certain kind?), I assume you limit the amount based on the diet (i.e. 6g moving room for carbs)?

Also, for my fats I'm looking at just drinking Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cold Press for a good chunk of my fat intake. Would this be exceptable or should I be adding other fats like nuts (again the carb issue in play there)?

This time around I'm thinking about using lean protein sources. 90% lean beef, tuna, salmon (if I can get it), hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, turkey, chicken, etc. Is this a good idea or should I be getting fattier protein sources and adjust my oil intake accordingly?

Supplements:
    ON Whey
    Animal Omega (1 pack)
    Animal Pack (1 pack)
    Universal Storm (creatine, twice per day PreWO/Post WO, 0g carbs 0g calories)

Thanks in advance, just trying to get some one on one opinions to avoid making mistakes.

-troll

signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000) signature166 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your fat grams are = to protein grams, you'll be close to the 65/30 keto ratios, adjust accordingly. I suggest creating a free account at fitday.com and keeping track of your food intake for 2 weeks to a month until you know which foods in what portion sizes lead you to your target ratios.

Cheese: The gurus around here like full-fat cheddar and other full-fat cheeses without unecessary ingredients/additives. I don't think you should sweat the 1-2g of carbs per serving of cheese.
    20g of carbs is pretty low, depending on your size you can get away with more.

Eat all of the leafy green vegetables, celery, cauliflower, cabbage that you want and don't count them towards your daily carb intake. Other vegetables like carrots, onions, and starchy veg do get counted in the your daily carb intake.

EVOO does not go down smoothly. The later presses of olive oil go down better, but thats not the best way. You can eat saturated fats. Coconut oil is a good source, and fats from meat and fish are great too. The split-the-baby-in-half types suggest getting 1/3 of you fats as mono, 1/3 as poly, and 1/3 as saturated.

HTH

gymtroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm thinking about around 150g protein and fats of around 66 to 70g, carbs ~20g.

If you have too many carbs your going to get kicked out of keto of course, but I've read that right around 20g your in pretty deep.

The vegetables that I have as my staple are: romaine lettuce, broccoli, and spinach. I might add cauliflower, I really like it.

Good call on the coconut oil, how do you recommend taking it?
    I'm thinking about adding some mayonnaise in with some tuna fish or chicken, might change it up with chipotle mayo. Good idea? I'm thinking I could pick up more polyunsaturated fats while adding some flavor to the food.

Another question:
    My workout schedule is going to be looking like this:
    cardio is done on tredmill. 120bpm max.
    Weights are done around 1:00pm - 2:00pm afternoons.

40 min cardio - 6:30am.
    40 min cardio - After weights
    Back - Monday ~ 45-60mins
    Chest - Tuesday ~ same
    Biceps - Wednesday ~ same
    Triceps - Thursday ~ same
    Legs - Friday ~ same
    Off Day
    Off Day

I'm going to try the carb-up on the diet, so I'm thinking about taking advantage of the carbs and put a lift day in and move the off day to maybe a friday or something.

I'm switching it up with giant sets and less rest in between. Dropping the weight down and adding more reps. Going a little old school on this one, see how it turns out.

Thanks again.

-troll

chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For Keto to work well you'll need more fats. 65% of your calories should come from fats, with each gram of fat being worth 9 calories. Eat fat to burn fat...