Registered User litlfalafelgirl's Avatar
    litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

grams of sugar, how much is too much

i'm wondering about grams of sugar. i've been tracking and even on days when i don't eat anything with added sugar, it is high, like 80-100 g.

this comes from several servings of dairy and fruit. i'm trying to change my habits to incorporate them at times when my body can really use the sugar, i.e. around work outs as opposed to before bed. but will that amount of sugar be detrimental to fat loss?

i know people have mixed feelings about keeping fruit and dairy in the diet, but i'm not looking to compete. i want a clean diet that i'm able to stick with for the long haul and cutting out fruit and dairy would deprive me of things i truly enjoy eating. i just wonder how much is too much.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by litlfalafelgirl View Post
    i'm wondering about grams of sugar. i've been tracking and even on days when i don't eat anything with added sugar, it is high, like 80-100 g.

this comes from several servings of dairy and fruit. i'm trying to change my habits to incorporate them at times when my body can really use the sugar, i.e. around work outs as opposed to before bed. but will that amount of sugar be detrimental to fat loss?

i know people have mixed feelings about keeping fruit and dairy in the diet, but i'm not looking to compete. i want a clean diet that i'm able to stick with for the long haul and cutting out fruit and dairy would deprive me of things i truly enjoy eating. i just wonder how much is too much.
    100 grams of sugars give you 400 calories. that's what matters most if you want to lose fat.

the fructose from fruit helps replenish liver glycogen which induces satiety. fruit is also rich in vitamins and minerals and has some fiber.

dairy is an excellent source of protein and calcium. lactose digests slowly; i don't see why it would be a problem unless you're lactose intolerant or have a milk allergy.

neither 'spike' insulin if that's what you're worried about.

sugar isn't as 'bad' as people make it out to be. if you eat healthy overall and are physically active at a healthy weight, sugar (or carbs) in your diet isn't going to kill you. especially if it naturally occurs in foods that are otherwise beneficial.

Registered User litlfalafelgirl's Avatar
    litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    100 grams of sugars give you 400 calories. that's what matters most if you want to lose fat.

the fructose from fruit helps replenish liver glycogen which induces satiety. fruit is also rich in vitamins and minerals and has some fiber.

dairy is an excellent source of protein and calcium. lactose digests slowly; i don't see why it would be a problem unless you're lactose intolerant or have a milk allergy.

neither 'spike' insulin if that's what you're worried about.

sugar isn't as 'bad' as people make it out to be. if you eat healthy overall and are physically active at a healthy weight, sugar (or carbs) in your diet isn't going to kill you. especially if it naturally occurs in foods that are otherwise beneficial.
    so if i'm aiming for a certain amount of calories, if those 400 sugar cals fit, it shouldn't affect fat loss? that makes me feel better! so eating sugar before bed isn't so bad? i heard someone grousing in the gym about his gf "what are you doing eating fruit this late at night??!!" blah. :<