Registered User phillip_battles's Avatar
    phillip_battles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Struggling with right foods.

I am having a hard time eating the right things. I love any kind of meat and can stomach broccoli, cauliflower, and most beans, but I absolutely can't eat a lot of the healthier things you all mention on here (salad, cabbage, veggies, etc.).

Is there anyone else on here that has a hard time with that?

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What do you mean by the "right" foods?

Whole foods?
    organic foods?
    Low GI?
    No fructose?
    No gluten?
    No dairy?
    no hydrogenated fats?

what the "right" foods are would be determined by goals , allergies, additives and preservatives, organic (reduced or without pesticides), insulin resistance or diabetes, celiac's disease or other gluten intolerance, no trans or hydrogenated fats ,etc...

Lots of issues why people would call a food "wrong"
    Kickin your azz everytime

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by phillip_battles View Post
    I am having a hard time eating the right things. I love any kind of meat and can stomach broccoli, cauliflower, and most beans, but I absolutely can't eat a lot of the healthier things you all mention on here (salad, cabbage, veggies, etc.).

Is there anyone else on here that has a hard time with that?
    My veggies consist of spinach, green beans and salad and I only have a few servings a day. As for fruits I keep mine limited only because if I'm going to have a carb I want something more filling like potatoes, yams, rice, whole grain breads...I'll take these choices over fruit any day.

I'll send you PM of the foods I eat year round off season and on season.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Registered User phillip_battles's Avatar
    phillip_battles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gjohnson5 View Post
    What do you mean by the "right" foods?

Whole foods?
    organic foods?
    Low GI?
    No fructose?
    No gluten?
    No dairy?
    no hydrogenated fats?

what the "right" foods are would be determined by goals , allergies, additives and preservatives, organic (reduced or without pesticides), insulin resistance or diabetes, celiac's disease or other gluten intolerance, no trans or hydrogenated fats ,etc...

Lots of issues why people would call a food "wrong"
    Over the last couple of years, I lost down from 310 lbs. down to 225 lbs. I have been working out for a year now and feel great, but have ease back up to 245.

I eat a lot of grilled chicken and fish with canola and evoo. Protien is no problem. Lately, I have been trying to cut bread and potatoes, replacing with healthier sides to go with it, but I am not much of a cook and despise most vegetables, especially raw or boiled.

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by phillip_battles View Post
    Over the last couple of years, I lost down from 310 lbs. down to 225 lbs. I have been working out for a year now and feel great, but have ease back up to 245.

I eat a lot of grilled chicken and fish with canola and evoo. Protien is no problem. Lately, I have been trying to cut bread and potatoes, replacing with healthier sides to go with it, but I am not much of a cook and despise most vegetables, especially raw or boiled.
    If you want more whole and less processed bread , you can get whole wheat , rye or sourdough.
    Most bread in America is refined and processed.
    Kickin your azz everytime